AVS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 4754 Posts

·
Vendor
27,430 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiingmaniac00 /forum/post/16042251

I finally got to the see the 7100 at the local BB and they also had the G10 and S1 near by so I could see them both at once. The 7100 looked great and super thin, was almost shocked it was actually that thin. The G10 looked more grainy than the Sammy, even my wife said the same thing. I asked about reflection or glare to one of the sales people, and he showed me if I look close and up toward the light you would see it but little fuzzy. IMO, I would take the 7100 over the g10 or the S1 (it was right next to the G10).

So when are you getting one

·
Registered
109 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma /forum/post/16042920

So when are you getting one

Chris,

If maybe a little cheaper, I would. But the tv faces the dining room that has glass doors to the outside and in the evening I get the sun right on the screen of the TV I have now (Hitachi 60 Projection, came with the house we bought). A lot of light in my living room with the glass doors and 2 big windows in the living room to the right of the tv. So I need something that doesn't have any glare or matte screen, unless you guys have another idea.

Note: This is the only place in my living room that I can put the TV. If you want me to take a picture of what I am talking about, just ask.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Here ya go on the picture of what I am talking about.

·
Registered
6,040 Posts
Are those curtains that I see?

·
Registered
109 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkcohen /forum/post/16044066

Are those curtains that I see?

On those windows, there are shads on them. The sun you are seeing is from the glass doors in the dining room. look at the love seat on the left, same sunlight as on TV.

·
Registered
920 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiingmaniac00 /forum/post/16043976

Here ya go on the picture of what I am talking about.

That is just bad and bad for any TV... do something about it man I mean damn

·
Registered
577 Posts
Saw a 55B6000 in local fry's. Wow! Great black level and really thin. Was running on 'Natural' mode, backlight 10. The build quality of this TV also looked pretty good compared to the old ones (750, 860 etc.). Pretty sure 7100 will look better than 6000.

·
Registered
109 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by felonyr301 /forum/post/16044484

That is just bad and bad for any TV... do something about it man I mean damn

Your telling me.
..I go blind when its around 5pm here. Thats why hoping to find a matte screen to hopefully minimize the issue. This tv is bad I know, its 14yrs old and came with the house when we bought it 8 months ago. I have a big wall to fill, so a 52in or 55in would fit good on the big wall.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Just saw the 46" 7100 at the local BB. Gotta say it looked great. It was above an XBR6 and totally crushed it which is to be expected when only comparing to an XBR6. At one point the screen was only showing the circular door of a washer and the rest of the screen was black. It definitely looked blacker than pretty much all the other tv's on the wall.

Don't get me wrong I understand that the tv's in the big box stores aren't set up the way they should be but this puppy was pretty clearly a winner. They had just put it up and all the BB guy's were geeking out over how thin it was. In the span of 15 minutes the sales guys brought over at least 5 different customers to show it to them. It definitely wowed everyone who I saw them bring by to see it.

Funniest part was that two of the BB guys working the TV's said it was "OLED". I laughed and almost corrected them but they were so nice I just let it slide. The guy did say they just got a 55" 7100 in also and they might put it up tonight so I may head back tomorrow just to see that one too. For the first time seeing it in person I was very impressed with it.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Is there any picture difference between the 6000 and 7000 series? Are they using the same panels? Does the 7000 just have a few more features, otherwise the picture is the same between the 6000 and 7000?

·
Registered
183 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiingmaniac00 /forum/post/16042251

I finally got to the see the 7100 at the local BB and they also had the G10 and S1 near by so I could see them both at once. The 7100 looked great and super thin, was almost shocked it was actually that thin. The G10 looked more grainy than the Sammy, even my wife said the same thing. I asked about reflection or glare to one of the sales people, and he showed me if I look close and up toward the light you would see it but little fuzzy. IMO, I would take the 7100 over the g10 or the S1 (it was right next to the G10).

atupid question but what is the g10 an s1 you are refering to. also any word if these use white leds or does it use edge led. if it edge it is a no go for me.

·
Registered
109 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by danhawk911 /forum/post/16045434

atupid question but what is the g10 an s1 you are refering to. also any word if these use white leds or does it use edge led. if it edge it is a no go for me.

Panasonic G10 Plasma and S1 Plasma. There is a comparison thread about this.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1127577

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
i have the 6100 40".

i like the wireless remote and the red touch of color isn't so bad after all. But the power light on the TV can get anoying sometimes. Can this be dimmed?

the sound quality seems good for the size. being so thin.

And this 40" TV with no stand only weighs 32.4 lbs ! one person can handle it no problem at all. Even going up 3 flights of stairs.

·
Registered
376 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyTV /forum/post/16049751

i have the 6100 40".

i like the wireless remote and the red touch of color isn't so bad after all. But the power light on the TV can get anoying sometimes. Can this be dimmed?

the sound quality seems good for the size. being so thin.

And this 40" TV with no stand only weighs 32.4 lbs ! one person can handle it no problem at all. Even going up 3 flights of stairs.

does the 6100 have the Ultra Clear Panel or semi-matte screen surface?

·
Registered
1,610 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiingmaniac00 /forum/post/16044539

Your telling me.
..I go blind when its around 5pm here. Thats why hoping to find a matte screen to hopefully minimize the issue. This tv is bad I know, its 14yrs old and came with the house when we bought it 8 months ago. I have a big wall to fill, so a 52in or 55in would fit good on the big wall.

Not sure a matte screen would help much. Instead of the sharp reflection you would end up with a blurry blotch.

·
Registered
438 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by philculp /forum/post/16053134

we put our 55b6000 on the floor sat. this is what we got when turned on this morning. Any other issues like this??

Holy crap that's not good!

Was the box damaged at all?

·
Registered
4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindseybp /forum/post/16053509

Holy crap that's not good!

Was the box damaged at all?

no damage to box, tv was working when turned off sunday. It may just be a rare glitch, it just caught many of us off guard.

21 - 40 of 4754 Posts