AVS Forum banner

4701 - 4720 of 4754 Posts

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Well I didn't then I did and now I don't at least I think I don't. It was when it was on the stand that I heard the buzzing and could not tell if it was the crappy flat sheet metal buzzing or if it was of a electrical nature. It was on the upper left corner of my 6000.

I have not heard buzzing since I put in on the wall with the Pic frame mount.

Maybe a screw has come loose holding the sheet metal on.

Don

·
Registered
572 Posts
Are there any issues I should know about regarding playing Blu_ray movies on these Tv's? I am asking becuase I just purchased a Blu Ray player and wanted to make sure what I am in for regarding setting it up.

Thanks

·
Registered
572 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonB2 /forum/post/19195202

Well I didn't then I did and now I don't at least I think I don't. It was when it was on the stand that I heard the buzzing and could not tell if it was the crappy flat sheet metal buzzing or if it was of a electrical nature. It was on the upper left corner of my 6000.

I have not heard buzzing since I put in on the wall with the Pic frame mount.

Maybe a screw has come loose holding the sheet metal on.

Don

WHere did you buy your mount from

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
From Amazon for around $80.00. I was real tempted to get the $15.00 or so Generic one, but this one was the real McCoy and was much less than Best Buy at $250.

I just was not sure what was right/wrong with the $15.00 Generic since I am not a metalurgist and did not want to see the tv fall off the wall from below grade hardware

On another note: Has anyone came up with a work around for the Black screen on the 6000 when it thinks there is no signal?

I find it very annoying. I have recorded something off tv to watch later and if the signal being recorded gets below a certain level the Samsung 6000 displays it as a black screen. This never happened with my Pioneer Plasma and or any other tv I have had hooked up to a DVD player.

I talked to someone else that has both a Samsung Blue Ray player and a Samsung tv tied together and if he is watching Hulu and signal fades it actually turns his TV off and than back on !!!

·
Registered
656 Posts
I've got a UN46B7100 set. Is there anyway to set the on timer to turn on to an HDMI port?

Also, I've got firmware version 1017 installed. However, Samsung's site says 1013 is the most recent. Is that true?

·
Registered
137 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdattilo4 /forum/post/19071205

Hi everyone. Proud owner of a UN55B7100. I wanted to protect my investment from the wrath of Ben Franklin, so I wanted to route my home theater equipment through a UPS. I did some minimal research, and couldn't find much on UPS recommendations for home theater hardware, so I settled on a APC 550VA, 8 outlet. The power capacity seemed to be enough for the amount of hardware I'd be running at any given time. Plugged my equipment in (x360, bd-player, onkyo a/v, readynas and TV). Then, I pulled the plug. Everything was happy, except my TV. It generated this HORRIBLE buzz that lasted only 3 seconds before I hastily pulled the plug. I thought I destroyed my TV. I plugged it into the wall outlet, and it's been fine. This was a few weeks ago, so I think I dodged a bullet. I'm thinking the issue might have to do with the power saving features of the LED TV, but that's an uneducated guess.

So, my questions are 1) Anyone experience something similar to this and 2) Any recommendations on a UPS for the Samsung LED?

I have a UPS hooked to mine and it works well. I have a much larger one the 1400VA APC that sounds kinda small to me for your TV. I know they are ECO friendly but still thats such a small reserve. I would suggest a bigger one , or use one for the TV and another for the Video equipment. what brand did you use. some are HIFI rated and some are more for computers not as sensative . could have been one of the other electronics putting poor signal thru the tTV , I dont know the set up but doesnt sound good.

·
Registered
137 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke4pym /forum/post/19236225

I've got a UN46B7100 set. Is there anyway to set the on timer to turn on to an HDMI port?

Also, I've got firmware version 1017 installed. However, Samsung's site says 1013 is the most recent. Is that true?

the website is almost always behind on the FW issues. Just check in from time to time to see if any new updates.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Pulling my tv back down from over the fire place so the wall can be painted. Hopefully the Samsung Picture mount will give me no trouble.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have a unb7 series and when I try to playback a mp4 or mkv file on my flash drive it says this video is not supported. Is there anyway to make these files playback? I have the latest firmware.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Could someone please point me in the right direction, I've had a un55b8000 for almost 12 months and have now decided to flush wall mount it with the picture frame styled wall mount. The question I have is around cable management, what's the best way to connect the two HDMI cables I need and the power supply. I've looked at a few wall plates on the net but nothing will seem to give it the minimum flush mounting which I think is 11mm (the thickness of the mount).Any help would be awesome. Cheers.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
I used these short extensions from Monoprice.com part number 2891.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/se...2891&x=18&y=10

I used heavy duty HDMI cables from the same company thru the walls and then used these short cables to make the final "flexible connection". They worked great.

I bought some pass thru connector boxes and cut the holes for them behind the tv but ended up not using them since all was hiding back there anyway. But with just two cables the box may work for you: part number 6623

http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...t=1#largeimage

I went to a Building supply store and bought a electrical box for a recessed clock. Sort of like the clocks you use to see everywhere in buildings. The box has the recessed receptacle that your power plug on the tv plugs into. I did have to nibble a little plastic off the cord end of the tv's plug to make it flex a bit more so the tv would lay flat.

Note: this is on my 6000 not sure if the the plugs and connectors are located in same position as your model.

And I think I used the Scart extender that comes with the picture frame mount to give me just a little bit more wiggle room back there.

I posted a pic awhile back of the side view.

I put the power plug towards the top of the tv. Mine was over the fireplace so I had to keep below the 16 inch wide plate that is up there supporting the house over the masonry fire place.

I put the HDMI receptacle to left of the tv when facing it. I kept the receptacle just a little ways in from the edge but far enough back from the actual HDMI connectors on the tv so I could use the short extensions mentioned above.

I really do not think I could have done it with out those short extensions.

·
Registered
86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonB2 /forum/post/0

I used these short extensions from Monoprice.com part number 2891.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/se...2891&x=18&y=10

I used heavy duty HDMI cables from the same company thru the walls and then used these short cables to make the final "flexible connection". They worked great.

I bought some pass thru connector boxes and cut the holes for them behind the tv but ended up not using them since all was hiding back there anyway. But with just two cables the box may work for you: part number 6623

http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...t=1#largeimage

I went to a Building supply store and bought a electrical box for a recessed clock. Sort of like the clocks you use to see everywhere in buildings. The box has the recessed receptacle that your power plug on the tv plugs into. I did have to nibble a little plastic off the cord end of the tv's plug to make it flex a bit more so the tv would lay flat.

Note: this is on my 6000 not sure if the the plugs and connectors are located in same position as your model.

And I think I used the Scart extender that comes with the picture frame mount to give me just a little bit more wiggle room back there.

I posted a pic awhile back of the side view.

I put the power plug towards the top of the tv. Mine was over the fireplace so I had to keep below the 16 inch wide plate that is up there supporting the house over the masonry fire place.

I put the HDMI receptacle to left of the tv when facing it. I kept the receptacle just a little ways in from the edge but far enough back from the actual HDMI connectors on the tv so I could use the short extensions mentioned above.

I really do not think I could have done it with out those short extensions.

Thanks, sounds pretty good to me. The flex HDMI would obviously make a huge difference difference to the ability to sit flat. Did you say you had photos? I had a look at those monoprice cables they look the goods. I'd like to run one cable from the receiver all the way to the screen to cut down on connections but it might be better said than done. How close is the screen with those mods?

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
I posted Photos of the mounted tv on this site awhile ago. I will try and get some measurements for you.

Ok , I measured it.

2 and 1/4 inches from wall to the outside edge on my tv.

And 1 and 1/4 inches from wall to first available inside edge of the tv.

On another note I was in my locals Sams last night and look at 6000 model Samsung (pre 3D). It was a60 inch model and I saw zero evidence of halo, flashlights, or any other foggy look. I was jealous.

On another note: Does anyone know what the HDMI output on the 3D Samsungs says?

It had the 4 inputs for HDMI with one designated for PC. And then another had something else written next to it - it was just a couple of letters. I assume it is for the new HDMI standard cable that is suppose to be needed for 3D

·
Banned
251 Posts
Hey everybody what is the newest firmware for the UN46B6000VF? Also, has anybody recently got a new panel for it? I do have some clouding!

Does the whole loosing up the screws really work?

Thanks,

moparbob7

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
MoparBob7,

Geeze you are reading my mind. I go to post about flashlighting and there is your post.

I have had my 55 inch off the wall for about a month now while room was being repainted.

I got it back up and now I have flashlights where I did not have them before.

And the main one that I had issues with in the past which was in the lower right quadrant is not an issue any more but ones at top and bottom close to center are.

At first I thought my tv had lost settings but I found I had to move backlight to lowest setting to even get them to minimize.

I got wondering if the tv got flexed when I took it off the wall so I reached up when I had the DVD in Pause and a very dark screen and torqued the tv ever so slightly. I sware I saw the flashlights change in brightness.

I need someone else back from the tv to tell me if this is the case.

I have read about the screw trick but have not specifically read where anyone did it other then just talk about doing it. Typically the replys were. "Why would you go messing taking a tv apart that is under warranty?"

I am thinking about calling Best Buy as I have the extended warranty but really did not want the better half knowing about it. RIght now it is just I that notices the flashlighting.

I will say that it is not happening on all tv's. There was a6000 60 inch on display on a "stand" at Sams and it had no flashlighting whatsover. I know that SAMs is kinda lit up but I usually can see flashlighting if it is there in a bright room on my tv.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just got my 11 month old un55b7000 panel changed out because of flashlighting. The problem now is I have dithering with dark colors, the picture is just not as vibrant, and side angle views have poor quality. The tech keeps telling me its the source. BUT this never happened with my first display. Every cable channel looked great with great color and no dithering. So now he is returning with a HD generator to check out the picture. I don't need a HD generator. I have my eyes telling me the picture stinks! Any advise from any experts? I would opt for my old display back and put up with a little flashlighting for the great picture I used to have,

Thanks..Pete

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Aren't the 7000 series 3D ready? I will have to look as I thought they 7000 was a different LCD panel than the 6000 Series and did not have Flashlight issues.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonB2 /forum/post/19678067

Aren't the 7000 series 3D ready? I will have to look as I thought they 7000 was a different LCD panel than the 6000 Series and did not have Flashlight issues.

I don't know about 3D ready, but 7000/7100 series panels suffer from flashlight issues, too. Mine's a perfect example - I posted pictures earlier in this thread.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Pete7874 is yours a 7000 55 inch?

I am not sure but it looks like Samsung sold a 3D ready 7000 model as well as a non 3D ready 7000 model.

As far as I know the 3D ready version has some kind of Sync device built into the tv for syncing with the Active glasses.

Not that I am rushing to 3D, I would be much happier to be rid of the flashlighting.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by donb2 /forum/post/19776334

pete7874 is yours a 7000 55 inch?

un55b7100

4701 - 4720 of 4754 Posts