AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 301 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Very much looking forward to your thoughts on this, and how the BLU's on the side compete with the Samsung 950's with the LD's Please post your thoughts ASAP, thanks!

Also just noticed the LED tv logo on top right have a Red, Green, Blue in the E. Hope this means they have went away from the White only and hopefully explains why they are going away from teh LD tech. Hey why don;t you grab your closest screw driver, you know the one in the pic! and check things out for us >

·
Vendor
27,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This unit is thinner then what I saw at CES, these have to be no more than 3/4 of an inch thick ..... wow !! Anyone up for a break in party in Cleveland? ( I am pretty excited at this moment)

·
Registered
9,575 Posts
So this is a Edge lit LED display then?

CNET didn't seem all that impressed with Sony's attempt at edge lit LCD....
http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-t...rColumnArea1.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sony Bravia KLV-40ZX1M /forum/post/0

The good:

Ultrathin panel creates a high-tech design; hidden cords; relatively accurate color; numerous picture controls; energy efficient.

The bad:

Extremely expensive; subpar black-level performance and color saturation; uneven screen uniformity; scant connectivity with just one HDMI input.

The bottom line:

As the first large-screen edge-lit LED-based LCD, Sony's KLV-40ZX1M looks stunning turned off, but it falls short when powered up.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Yes this is edge lit as far as anyone knows, but we are hoping it uses color LED's and not just white but until we get some reviews or someone opens one up it will be hard to know. But now that Cleveland Plasma has them in we will at least know about PQ very soon >

·
Registered
278 Posts
Thanks for the crushing news, I new it was a huge strech but hey >

I still do not understand why they would dump the LD tech so soon after but hopefully someone can fill me in. Thanks

·
Registered
392 Posts
While I still would rather have a better performing/PQ set compared to a thin set, I got to admit that is a nice looking TV. Hopefully it looks as good turned on!

Are you planning on powering it up and giving some feedback?

·
Registered
4,478 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob79 /forum/post/15968315

Yes this is edge lit as far as anyone knows, but we are hoping it uses color LED's and not just white but until we get some reviews or someone opens one up it will be hard to know. But now that Cleveland Plasma has them in we will at least know about PQ very soon >

They are white LED's.

·
Registered
9,575 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by E55 KEV /forum/post/15970043

wafer thin and beautiful - even with the wrapping.

Lets just hope that the PQ can match the Aesthetics..... because that is one sleek LCD.

1 - 20 of 301 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.