AVS Forum banner

5141 - 5160 of 6316 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by leinerd /forum/post/19678604

I noticed Samsung is getting into Google TV with their new products. Anyone know if it's possible that the UNxxC series might be upgraded to allow this capability?

Google TV requires some hardware that's not in the current TVs.

I have the Logitech Revue hooked up to my UN55C7000. As I said in one of the Google TV threads, the software isn't really there yet. But, it has a lot of potential and the Logitech hardware is nice. The display looks great on the C7000 and the screen's sharp and large enough that you can actually use the browser to surf the 'net. I had no problems setting up the Revue to work with the C7000.

-- Roger

·
Registered
752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfp /forum/post/19690431

If google tv is not connected via HDMI, then forget about turning Anynet off, that's probably not it. Actually, your problem seems like the classic "forgot to get it out of Store Demo Mode initially". If your TV front panel is unresponsive to holding down the volume/menu solution, try doing it with the keys on the remote.

Probably the surest way to troubleshoot this is do disconnect the google TV for a few days and see if the problem goes away. That way you've narrowed it down.

is there a way to do it with the remote? If so how?

as for google tv - been very happy with it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just received my UN55C8000 yesterday. Was happy with it until seeing a light picture. My screen looks as if it has many white spots. These spots are always in the same place regardless of source (TV/PS3/BD). Wondering if anyone has come across this before. Should I see if this will go away or should I contact Samsung.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswlogo /forum/post/19690117

I picked up a 46" C8000 at BJ's (similar to SAMS Club) for my Parents.

I have Pioneer KURO Pro111 myself and have not loooked or kept up on TV Specs.

It had Dispicable me on a Blu-Ray running and it looked really good.

I went to set it up and ran into a few issues.

1) I hooked it up to FIOS HD DVR (which I used to have myself) and it just didn't look good at all. I kept flipping to find a good HD channel. Faces were kinda pasty. One thing I noticed is I was standing in front of the set and it not looking good. Then kneeled down to do something, then then everyone had skin tone, stood up and they were pale again. Is that normal? Side to side is ok. But I was surprised how much this changed as you moved. Lot's of motion artifacts (blur pixelated) I didn't see on dispicacble me. I'm not sure how much of this is FIOS or the TV. But it felt like a 3 year old LCD.

2) A whole bunch of menu settings are greyed out. Like it has 4 picture modes but you can only pick 2. Is this limited because I bought at BJ's and it's not a standard model.

Is there a rough recommended set of settings. A pointer would be great. I suspect it's a combonation of settings and FIOS and not the TV. I should double check it's ok with dispicable me and verify it looks the same.

One thing I should mention when I opened the box all parts were missing. Manual, remote, stand, everything. I did get everything from store by opening another one. But I should have just brought it all back and swapped for another and may still. I was convince it was just a factory error at first. Then on closer inspection the box was resealed. I did check model and serial and it is a C8000.

My parents don't know the difference and are thrilled. But this is bugging me.

start with the settings in this HT Mag article on the un46c8000. I used this settings with only a minor change or two (AM+ = clear)

http://www.hometheater.com/3d-flat-p...dtv/index.html

I think the PQ looks just about perfect with the settings in this article, but see for yourself

·
Registered
276 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffithstrife /forum/post/19689420

Glad to hear I am not crazy, has anyone got BD WISE to work? Because I cant

I guess your running a bd wise blu ray? If so I'm not sure what the problem would be. Mine works fine. In fact, that's how I first set my tv up. I ran a blu ray through bd wise and noted the settings because they looked really good.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Question:

I just purchased a UN55C8000, and plan on using it with my Xbox 360. I also own a LN55A950, which we play Xbox 360 on. We use it on HDMI port 2 on PC mode. This speeds up the response time for the 360.

Does the same hold true on the UN55C8000 ? Same port and PC mode? Different?

Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
53 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadebox /forum/post/0

Google TV requires some hardware that's not in the current TVs.

I have the Logitech Revue hooked up to my UN55C7000. As I said in one of the Google TV threads, the software isn't really there yet. But, it has a lot of potential and the Logitech hardware is nice. The display looks great on the C7000 and the screen's sharp and large enough that you can actually use the browser to surf the 'net. I had no problems setting up the Revue to work with the C7000.

-- Roger

Thanks, Roger. Good to know that at least there is a path to GoogleTV should I choose to pursue it sometime.

--Dave

·
Registered
545 Posts
FYI.. BestBuy just sold me a UN46C8000 w/ the free 3D starter stuff (bluray player, Shrek 3D starter pack, wireless dongle) for $1599 + tax.

..I'll be returning the 40C7000 momentarily along with the Samsung mount that I was able to get for $109 on etronics.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by delt31 /forum/post/19691438

is there a way to do it with the remote? If so how?

as for google tv - been very happy with it.

I copied the writeup below from the C8000 manual. Note that Plug and Play is only available when the Input source is set to TV. Set the Source to TV, then select Menu/Plug and Play to try to get back to Initial Setup.

If that doesn't work, and, if your front panel is tough to work with, try using the remote and holding its Volume button down (preferably moving towards zero),until you see the volume OSD, then press and hold the remote's Menu button for 5 seconds.

From the C8000 manual, p. 8:

Plug & Play (Initial Setup)

When the TV is initially powered on, a sequence of on-screen prompts will assist in configuring basic settings. Press the

POWER button. Plug & Play is available only when the Input source is set to TV.

✎✎To return to the previous step, press the Red button.

1 Selecting a language:

-- Press the ▲ or ▼ button, then press the ENTER button.

--Select the desired OSD (On Screen Display) language.

2 Selecting Store Demo or Home Use:

Press the ◄ or ► button, then press the ENTER button.

-- Select the Home Use mode. Store Demo Mode is for retail

environments.

-- To return the unit's settings from Store Demo to Home Use

(standard): Press the volume button on the TV. When you

see the volume OSD, press and hold MENU for 5 sec.

Good luck. Let me know if it works.

·
Registered
44 Posts

As you can tell there are spotlights coming from bottom corners and goes the same for top. I'm guessing this is clouding? What should I do? I use Omni's PQ settings.

·
Registered
276 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage5 /forum/post/19692621

As you can tell there are spotlights coming from bottom corners and goes the same for top. I'm guessing this is clouding? What should I do? I use Omni's PQ settings.

Sorry savage, I'm sure you've already said but is that a 7000 or an 8000? The obvious thing to try is to turn the brightness and backlight down. The 7000 suffers more from flash lighting than the 8000.

·
Registered
752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfp /forum/post/19692263

I copied the writeup below from the C8000 manual. Note that Plug and Play is only available when the Input source is set to TV. Set the Source to TV, then select Menu/Plug and Play to try to get back to Initial Setup.

If that doesn't work, and, if your front panel is tough to work with, try using the remote and holding its Volume button down (preferably moving towards zero),until you see the volume OSD, then press and hold the remote's Menu button for 5 seconds.

From the C8000 manual, p. 8:

Plug & Play (Initial Setup)

When the TV is initially powered on, a sequence of on-screen prompts will assist in configuring basic settings. Press the

POWER button. Plug & Play is available only when the Input source is set to TV.

✎✎To return to the previous step, press the Red button.

1 Selecting a language:

-- Press the ▲ or ▼ button, then press the ENTER button.

--Select the desired OSD (On Screen Display) language.

2 Selecting Store Demo or Home Use:

Press the ◄ or ► button, then press the ENTER button.

-- Select the Home Use mode. Store Demo Mode is for retail

environments.

-- To return the unit's settings from Store Demo to Home Use

(standard): Press the volume button on the TV. When you

see the volume OSD, press and hold MENU for 5 sec.

Good luck. Let me know if it works.

Hey - really appreciate the effort. I tried the plug and play and although it did work, the next day the store demo came back on. As for the volume on the remote (and waiting until you see OSD), the remote doesn't respond at all so I never see the OSD. I feel like this is a sammy maintenance call.....thanks for the help though.

·
Registered
154 Posts
is there a setting in the menu on the 7000 led tv's that cause the picture to blackout once in a while ? or is this a known defect? no matter how its hooked up, like avr connected to tv with hdmi cable or connecting bluray/cable directly to tv with hdmi, and trying all 4 hdmi ports. The picture will go out for a second it seems every hour. only 1 week old..

·
Registered
175 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcmike /forum/post/19692124

FYI.. BestBuy just sold me a UN46C8000 w/ the free 3D starter stuff (bluray player, Shrek 3D starter pack, wireless dongle) for $1599 + tax.

That's a great deal but I don't know how you got them to come down $300 from their advertised price for that package...

Cheers!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hello everyone, I am a proud new owner of a UN46C8000XF...I must say that the picture takes a little getting used to as I have never before seen such "depth" in non-3D programming. It's actually kind of odd to watch as the images, movies, etc actually kind of take on a "fake" effect.

I will post my settings after I try out a few different things.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nofears /forum/post/19695995

Hello everyone, I am a proud new owner of a UN46C8000XF...I must say that the picture takes a little getting used to as I have never before seen such "depth" in non-3D programming. It's actually kind of odd to watch as the images, movies, etc actually kind of take on a "fake" effect.

I will post my settings after I try out a few different things.

the "fake" effect you're seeing means that you have AutoMotion Plus enabled on your tv. Either turn it off or set to clear

·
Registered
276 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goingpoor /forum/post/19695128

is there a setting in the menu on the 7000 led tv's that cause the picture to blackout once in a while ? or is this a known defect? no matter how its hooked up, like avr connected to tv with hdmi cable or connecting bluray/cable directly to tv with hdmi, and trying all 4 hdmi ports. The picture will go out for a second it seems every hour. only 1 week old..

Sadly it's what's generally refered to as "blinking" and seems to be quite a common problem on both the C7000 & C8000. It seems a bit hit and miss if your set will suffer from it. I've had one that did and 2 that didn't. Take it back and ask for another one, then keep your fingers crossed.

·
Registered
705 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthJersey /forum/post/19691654

start with the settings in this HT Mag article on the un46c8000. I used this settings with only a minor change or two (AM+ = clear)

http://www.hometheater.com/3d-flat-p...dtv/index.html

I think the PQ looks just about perfect with the settings in this article, but see for yourself

Thanks for the tip.

Do know why so many things a greyed out?

Like 4 Picture modes only 2 are enabled (Standard and Movie I think). Is it a function of the input, source component, material being displayed?

I'm worried this set might be broken.

·
Registered
44 Posts
It's a 7000. I called Sammy they said do some self diagnosis thing. So I'll try that and if it does nothing make them waste their time to come out and then ***** at best buy for the c8000 at a good price. Thanks for the tip Omni I'll try that to.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I pulled the trigger on the 55C8000. I was going back and forth on this and some other sets and I decided that this was the one. I came to realize every TV is going to have some problem or issues and I can deal with the ones this one may potentially have. I just hope I get a good one. Has anyone gotten an extend warranty through Samsung yet?

5141 - 5160 of 6316 Posts