AVS Forum banner

5181 - 5200 of 6316 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by antfirex
Did you check under all of the styrofoam inside of the box??? I thought I had the same issue until I found it under one of them inside the box, I can't remember if it was the one of the top or bottom pieces though.
Yes, we checked all of that and nothing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
As a follow-up, called the Fry's Electronics store this morning and they opened up two other Samsung TV's of the same model and they were also missing the screws.

Called Samsung and it will take 7 days to get them here.

I'm off to Ace and Home Depot to see if I can find a match on my own

·
Registered
276 Posts
Well, after a bit of faffing about ( and discovering that a spare hdmi cable I had was actually crap and didn't work with 1080p ) I finally got my sons new PS3 running in 3D and I must say that for all those that question 3D movies, you really must try gran turismo in 3D on a 46C8000, it'll blow your socks off. Yes there is some cross talk going on but it just takes racing games to a whole new level. Wow.....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Found some screws at Home Depot that worked. Yeah.

OK, some general first time questions. I have DIRECTV and it's going through an AV receiver. When I change the channels it says that they are broadcasting at 60hz...I believe this tv is 240hz....did I do something wrong with the setup? Why would it say 60hz?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Are any of you using a specific AV receiver you recommend with the 8000? I noticed the DIRECTV 3D isn't passing through my AV receiver to the tv. If I connect the Direct receiver directly via HDMI to the SAMSUNG 8000 then it's no problem, but obviously I lose the stereo sound system when I do that. My guess is my AV receiver isn't compatible with the 3d portion of DIRECTV's 3D channels and the tv (everything else works fine).

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
254 Posts
My UN55C7000 Settings:

ps3 Connection For BD playback 1.4 hdmi/HDMI port 3

Mode: Movie

Backlight 10

Contrast 97

Brightness 52

Sharpness 23

Color 43

Tint G47/R53

Advanced settings:

Black tone dark

Dynamic contrast off

shadow -2

Gamma 0

Color space auto

White balance

Ro 30

Go 25

Bo 19

Rg 17

Gg 19

Bg 42

Flesh tone 0

Edge enhancement off

Led motion plus on

Picture options

Colour tone warm 1

Digital noise filter auto

Mpeg noise filter auto

Film mode auto 2

Auto Motion plus clear

Still trying to figure out how to change the "BD-wise" settings for the 3D bluray player (samsung 5900)That I also hooked up to the TV. But so far thats what I have.

·
Registered
8,820 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie macdonald /forum/post/19710301

Found some screws at Home Depot that worked. Yeah.

OK, some general first time questions. I have DIRECTV and it's going through an AV receiver. When I change the channels it says that they are broadcasting at 60hz...I believe this tv is 240hz....did I do something wrong with the setup? Why would it say 60hz?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie macdonald /forum/post/19710615

Are any of you using a specific AV receiver you recommend with the 8000? I noticed the DIRECTV 3D isn't passing through my AV receiver to the tv. If I connect the Direct receiver directly via HDMI to the SAMSUNG 8000 then it's no problem, but obviously I lose the stereo sound system when I do that. My guess is my AV receiver isn't compatible with the 3d portion of DIRECTV's 3D channels and the tv (everything else works fine).

Thanks in advance

The frame rate you see is what the TV is receiving on it's input, not the refresh rate of the panel (they are two different things.)

In regards to your other issue, I would suggest the following in lieu of purchasing a new AVR..

Connect the Directv box directly to the set on one of it's un-used HDMI inputs.

Next, connect the component output and optical audio from the Directv box into your AVR...

The quality will be the same for all DTV content (except 1080p PPV and 3D..)

You can then use the AVR for all of your audio needs, and switch to the HDMI input on the set for 3D content viewing..

The only thing that is a pain for you is that you must make sure that the TV's audio is at 0 in the HDMI 3D input or else you will get double audio out of both the set and AVR...

In lieu of that, you will need a HDMI 1.4 compatible receiver to pass the DirecTV signal through....

If you want recommendations for a good AVR, you need to tell us the budget and then we can all go from there.

·
Registered
23 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droozy /forum/post/19710737

My UN55C7000 Settings:

ps3 Connection For BD playback 1.4 hdmi/HDMI port 3

Mode: Movie

Backlight 10

Contrast 97

Brightness 52

Sharpness 23

Color 43

Tint G47/R53

Advanced settings:

Black tone dark

Dynamic contrast off

shadow -2

Gamma 0

Color space auto

White balance

Ro 30

Go 25

Bo 19

Rg 17

Gg 19

Bg 42

Flesh tone 0

Edge enhancement off

Led motion plus on

Picture options

Colour tone warm 1

Digital noise filter auto

Mpeg noise filter auto

Film mode auto 2

Auto Motion plus clear

Still trying to figure out how to change the "BD-wise" settings for the 3D bluray player (samsung 5900)That I also hooked up to the TV. But so far thats what I have.

How did you set the Filim mode? I can't adjust mine.

·
Registered
10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmMixer /forum/post/19710791

The frame rate you see is what the TV is receiving on it's input, not the refresh rate of the panel (they are two different things.)

In regards to your other issue, I would suggest the following in lieu of purchasing a new AVR..

Connect the Directv box directly to the set on one of it's un-used HDMI inputs.

Next, connect the component output and optical audio from the Directv box into your AVR...

The quality will be the same for all DTV content (except 1080p PPV and 3D..)

You can then use the AVR for all of your audio needs, and switch to the HDMI input on the set for 3D content viewing..

The only thing that is a pain for you is that you must make sure that the TV's audio is at 0 in the HDMI 3D input or else you will get double audio out of both the set and AVR...

In lieu of that, you will need a HDMI 1.4 compatible receiver to pass the DirecTV signal through....

If you want recommendations for a good AVR, you need to tell us the budget and then we can all go from there.

Thanks...let me give that a try. As far as a 1.4 compatible receiver, if I go that route, probably looking at a budget of no more than $650

·
Registered
175 Posts
Below are the settings I am currently using. My wife and I are pretty happy with the way the picture looks across a wide range of shows. We have been messing with the settings for about a week now and these are the best we have come up with thus far for our un46c8000.

Mode = natural

Backlight = 18

Contrast = 80

Brightness = 55

Sharpness = 50

Color = 44

Tint = 50/50

Eco Solutions = All off

Color Tone = Normal

Size = 16x9

Dig Noise Filter = auto

MPEG noise filter = auto

Film mode = auto2

Auto motion plus = standard

Smart LED = high

·
Registered
8,820 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnicognate /forum/post/0

Try the onkyo ts-xr608

http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/home-...onkyo-tx-sr608

Beware though that the 608 had an issue passing Directv 3D..... Don't know if they fixed it.

Onkyos are great bang for the buck, and you can probably find the 708 or even 808 for a street around his budget. See Amazon, etc...

Jest make sure you do the research.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just signed up to this forum to learn all I can from my new 55 LED 3D TV from Samsung.

My first question is the "Judder" problem that I noticed and read about online when Automotion is turned on. I haven't seen any post's in the latest replies and I assume there has been a fix/solution? Just to get my facts right, the Judder problem is the one when the picture seems to freeze every 20 seconds or two minutes for a second then resume? Anyways, can someone enlighten me where this issue now lies?

Second, what is the last firmware (Nov 2010) do and are there any issues with it?

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmMixer /forum/post/19711671

Beware though that the 608 had an issue passing Directv 3D..... Don't know if they fixed it.

Onkyos are great bang for the buck, and you can probably find the 708 or even 808 for a street around his budget. See Amazon, etc...

Thank you both.

I picked up a Blu Ray Samsung 3D player tonight as well. Having a lot of fun with this tv. Very nice. Still playing with the settings a bit, especially for sports while watching the NFL games today.

·
Registered
276 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaudiBaudi /forum/post/19711933

Just signed up to this forum to learn all I can from my new 55 LED 3D TV from Samsung.

My first question is the "Judder" problem that I noticed and read about online when Automotion is turned on. I haven't seen any post's in the latest replies and I assume there has been a fix/solution? Just to get my facts right, the Judder problem is the one when the picture seems to freeze every 20 seconds or two minutes for a second then resume? Anyways, can someone enlighten me where this issue now lies?

Second, what is the last firmware (Nov 2010) do and are there any issues with it?

Thanks for any help.

I would say that if you picture is freezing for a second it's more likely to be an issue with the input source I.e you cable/satellite box or blu ray player. The tv doesn't have a memory so wouldn't be able to "store" a picture for any time at all.

Either way, I can say as I get any on my sets I suspect irfan be ironed out with the correct settings.

As for firmware, we had a release in the eurozone on 15 dec. Not sure what part of the world you live in.

Having had a bad experience with firmware upgrades ( one of them stuffed the 3D on my tv ) I tend to leave them alone these days unless there are any major changes, which there seldom are.

·
Registered
276 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmMixer /forum/post/19711671

What is directv in this instance? I have been seriously considering a 608 and was thinking of getting one in the jan sales ( now down below the £400 Mark )

·
Registered
7,233 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnicognate /forum/post/19713206

What is directv in this instance? I have been seriously considering a 608 and was thinking of getting one in the jan sales ( now down below the £400 Mark )

The largest Satellite TV Broadcaster in USA.

·
Registered
276 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by westa6969 /forum/post/19713236

The largest Satellite TV Broadcaster in USA.

Ok, so the American eq of sky. Sorry my inlaws always had cable (comcast I believe ) so never got involved in satellite.

That's fine then, shouldn't cause me any grief this side of the pond. Thanks

·
Registered
77 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by uwsc11 /forum/post/19686238

Just turned on the TV to check, and it stopped working again. I contacted Samsung support they need to send somebody out to fix it. Obviously something is broken.

After not having the TV work for the last several days, the repair guy will come out tomorrow, and hopefully fix my TV.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Back in September I bought the un46c7000 series with my wife before our child was born. I received the starter kit with it, two pairs of glasses and a 3d copy Monsters Vs. Aliens. The batteries that came with the glasses were dead. I called samsung support to see what the deal was, the gentlemen told me they would send me batteries to my home free of charge. A week passed and I called back, they told me I wasn't receiving any batteries, that was fine. A few months passed. I called in this month on Dec. 5th to inform them of a spot on my screen (it seemed as if it had melted a small portion of my viewing area). No joke the spoke is about this * big. Though it wasn't a huge issue, but I didn't pay 2500 bucks for a spot on my tv. I called samsung like i said and they were going to send a repair guy to my house. That was fine. I checked my service number online and it said my ticket was cancelled. I called back in several more times to have my issue "cancelled" over and over. After my seventh repair ticket I told them I wanted an upgrade to the 8000 series. After an hour on the phone, I got my exchange approved and a 25 dollar best buy gift card. I called back to samsung support and spoke to ecr and they told me I would receive more 3d glasses for my tv as compensation. That made up for all the hassle, except for two things, A. they knocked my warranty 4 months (had to call in to fix that) and when I called in about the warranty, I also checked on my tv and glasses. I do get the 8000 series upgrade, but I don't get the glasses. Oh well, I'm content i suppose. I'm waiting for my tv to be exchange within the next 7-10 days. So it's been nearly a month. I'll post pics of it when I get it and let you know what it's like. The 7000 series was indeed very nice, the 3d surpassed what I expected, I did my research and the 8000 is supposed to be "premium". I've hear a lot of issues with the series though (8000) will the firmware update fix the 3d ghosting i've been hearing so much about?

5181 - 5200 of 6316 Posts