AVS Forum banner

5221 - 5240 of 6316 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psykotik /forum/post/19726815

how do you do this? i tried going into the anynet setup but it doesn't detect my PS3.

It's actually a setting in the ps3. Top Gear's on at the moment so I can't turn the PS3 on to check ( under pain of death) but it's in the hdmi settings. Set it to auto detect, or some such, and then the PS3 will talk to the tv and set the name itself. Then when you turn it on you will get the anynet logo pop up on the tv, like you do when you turn the blu ray on.

UPDATE: go to System settings, control for hdmi, and turn it on. Then turn the PS3 off and back on ( Top Gear finished )

·
Registered
545 Posts
Wow, I am totally lost on this 3D stuff. I just took out my free 3D bluray player and all the glasses and hooked everything up, but the only 3D mode I can choose that even looks remotely correct is the '2D -> 3D' mode. I'm trying to play the free Shrek the third blu-ray that came with my 3D starter kit.

First thing's first.. does the Bluray player HAVE TO BE hooked directly to the TV or is it ok to pass it through my Denon 3808 receiver?

Secondly, on the Bluray player (6900), should I be able to set it to just '3D' mode and have it work or does it have to be in auto? When I set it to just '3D' mode the TV gets no signal.. what's up with that?

When I go into the 3D modes on the TV.. I only get three.. 2D->3D, left/right, vertical. The rest of the modes to the right are all greyed out.. what's up with that?

Can someone point me to something to read about setting up 3D with a Denon Receiver (3808), C8000, and the free Samsung Bluray player plus starter kit? I'm lost.

Thanks

EDIT: I think I found my answer... apparently you DO in fact need a 3D compliant receiver and the 3808 isn't one of them and apparently won't ever be even though 3D can be sent over HDMI 1.3.
I don't see myself buying a new receiver just for 3D.. seems completely wasteful for the handful of titles!

·
Registered
276 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcmike /forum/post/19728876

EDIT: I think I found my answer... apparently you DO in fact need a 3D compliant receiver and the 3808 isn't one of them and apparently won't ever be even though 3D can be sent over HDMI 1.3.
I don't see myself buying a new receiver just for 3D.. seems completely wasteful for the handful of titles!

That's correct. Only the latest receivers are 3D compliant. If you want to have a go with the 3D plug it in directly. There is a BIG difference between the 2D-3D conversion and proper 3D.

There isn't a great deal out yet but there is more and more daily. 3D on these sets is very good.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Omni,

I'm going to go talk with the BestBuy manager and try and see if they'll swap out my 6900 for a 7900 free of charge or at a minimum for the difference between the two. I got the 6900 for free, but its obviously useless. Most I'm willing to pay to make this work is the $30 difference between the two players. The 7900 has two HDMI jacks (one for audio to receiver and one for video to the TV).. seems like the best compromise as getting a new receiver now with the limited 3D lineup is not an option.

·
Registered
23 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcmike /forum/post/19729239

Omni,

I'm going to go talk with the BestBuy manager and try and see if they'll swap out my 6900 for a 7900 free of charge or at a minimum for the difference between the two. I got the 6900 for free, but its obviously useless. Most I'm willing to pay to make this work is the $30 difference between the two players. The 7900 has two HDMI jacks (one for audio to receiver and one for video to the TV).. seems like the best compromise as getting a new receiver now with the limited 3D lineup is not an option.

Do you have a optical out on the 6900? I have the 6800 and I run the optical out to my A/V receiver and the HDMI to my TV.Works for me and I get a great 3D pictureand sound.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Yes, I do have optical out.. but are you able to get TrueHD and dts-HD over optical? I don't think you can.

I was able to have the manager at BestBuy to exchange the 6900 for the 7900 with me paying the $20 difference in price... just got home.. gonna go set it all up right now. I'll report back how it works out and more importantly how everything looks and sounds! I told the manager I'll be back in a year or so when Denon has some higher end 3D capable receivers out.

·
Registered
148 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnicognate /forum/post/19718839

Has anyone else out there got a 55C8000 and can confirm they have no flashlighting?

My wall mounted 55C8000 has no flashlighting that I have noticed. No clouding(?) either. The only thing (mildly) disappointing about it are the viewing angle limitations which I was aware of before I bought it. When using the TV I sit directly in front of it 99% of the time so it really doesn't ever bother me. If I'm on the couch which is off to the side it means I aim to nap anyway.

It has a beautiful picture and looks nice to boot. Very happy with my purchase.

Harry

Purchased early May of this year. Completely reliable for 7 months now. No issues.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Omni,

Can you please share with us your 3D specific settings so I can have a good starting point for tweaking? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnicognate /forum/post/19726990

It's actually a setting in the ps3. Top Gear's on at the moment so I can't turn the PS3 on to check ( under pain of death) but it's in the hdmi settings. Set it to auto detect, or some such, and then the PS3 will talk to the tv and set the name itself. Then when you turn it on you will get the anynet logo pop up on the tv, like you do when you turn the blu ray on.

UPDATE: go to System settings, control for hdmi, and turn it on. Then turn the PS3 off and back on ( Top Gear finished )

ah awesome thanks! i used to have this on when i was gaming on a bravia. didn't think it could be used with a samsung..!

·
Registered
288 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnicognate /forum/post/19718839

Has anyone else out there got a 55C8000 and can confirm they have no flashlighting?

We've had ours since June and haven't notice any flashlighting. So far we've been enjoying the tv so much.

·
Registered
288 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnicognate /forum/post/19726990

I don't have the option "control for hdmi" under System settings. How come? or where else would it be?

·
Registered
276 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewayacts92 /forum/post/19731591

I don't have the option "control for hdmi" under System settings. How come? or where else would it be?

Not sure. I'll have a look a bit later on and post the exact steps. Have you got all the latest patches installed on the PS3?

·
Registered
175 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcmike /forum/post/19728876

Do the following until you get a 3D compliant receiver:

6900 HDMI >>> TV

6900 Optical (digital) out >>> receiver

OR

6900 Analog speaker outs (seperately) >>> receiver analog inputs

Turn TV volume down and reciever volume UP when movie plays!

Enjoy

·
Registered
175 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcmike /forum/post/19729834

Yes, I do have optical out.. but are you able to get TrueHD and dts-HD over optical? I don't think you can.

I was able to have the manager at BestBuy to exchange the 6900 for the 7900 with me paying the $20 difference in price... just got home.. gonna go set it all up right now. I'll report back how it works out and more importantly how everything looks and sounds! I told the manager I'll be back in a year or so when Denon has some higher end 3D capable receivers out.

The 4311 or A100 are both 3D compliant and supposedly quite good and by no means low end units.

·
Registered
21 Posts
how bad is it to rename the name of hdmi 1 to pc?

I have an asrock vision 3d connected to that port...

When i do that i have less options in the mode options, like no colour/sharpness and so on.

But i noticed i have allmost no studdering or how ever you call that..

·
Registered
288 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnicognate /forum/post/19731809

Not sure. I'll have a look a bit later on and post the exact steps. Have you got all the latest patches installed on the PS3?

Yes, I'm sure I have the latest firmware updtate. Do you have the PS3 slim? I have the 60 Gb and I read somewhere this might not work for that model but it did for some who have the 60gb. I hope its not true.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi everyone,

I had a few things happen at once yesterday, and I'm trying to decifer exactly what is causing the problem(s), so bear with me for a moment while I explain.

I've had the un46c8000 for two weeks - love the picture, no flashlighting issues! Decided to upgrade to a wireless N router yesterday, and also did a firmware upgrade on the tv. Unfortunately, streaming Netflix now gives me intermittant "dropouts" where the picture goes blank but the audio continues (similar to what people have experienced in the c6900 bluray player thread). Its incredibly distracting as you can imagine. I also have problems where my network is disconnecting itself every now and then from the tv, and I have to manually go in and re-enter the WPA2 key (also similar to the experiences in the c6900 thread).

My queston is, what is causing these signal dropouts, the router or possibly the firmware upgrade? I feel like I've contacted everyone for help - Netflix is getting fantastic mbps numbers from my home, as is Time Warner, my ISP. I've worked with Netgear to setup my wireless as strong as possible for streaming (changed channel/mode in router, etc). Samsung is supposed to be calling me back concerning the dropouts but I have the feeling they wont be able to help.

The worst part is, I had a crappy 37" NuVision LCD that was 5+years old and an old wireless G router that were streaming Netflix with ZERO streaming issues before. Now that I've got better and more modern technology, the service is worse?

Can anyone shed some light on the issue? Thanks for listening to my rant in my first post here, I'd love to hear others if they've experienced the same problems recently.

5221 - 5240 of 6316 Posts