AVS Forum banner

5241 - 5260 of 6316 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
I think it might be netflix and the samsung app.... though I can't be sure for your issue, but yesterday my xbox 360 netflix stream was constently dropping frames in HD content, using the xbox wireless N adapter. After doing some reserch, and found out the ps3 has the newest version of netflix streaming, I popped it in, and was simpily amazed at the quality of the picture (still via ps3 wifi) with no drops.

All I'm saying is it might have nothing to do with your router... and everything to do with the netflix app

·
Registered
276 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewayacts92 /forum/post/19734566

Yes, I'm sure I have the latest firmware updtate. Do you have the PS3 slim? I have the 60 Gb and I read somewhere this might not work for that model but it did for some who have the 60gb. I hope its not true.

320gb ps3 slim. Sorry for the delay in posting the exact settings, it's been a busy day. I'll take some screen shots tomorrow and post them

·
Registered
276 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwilson6 /forum/post/19734981

Hi everyone,

I had a few things happen at once yesterday, and I'm trying to decifer exactly what is causing the problem(s), so bear with me for a moment while I explain.

I've had the un46c8000 for two weeks - love the picture, no flashlighting issues! Decided to upgrade to a wireless N router yesterday, and also did a firmware upgrade on the tv. Unfortunately, streaming Netflix now gives me intermittant "dropouts" where the picture goes blank but the audio continues (similar to what people have experienced in the c6900 bluray player thread). Its incredibly distracting as you can imagine. I also have problems where my network is disconnecting itself every now and then from the tv, and I have to manually go in and re-enter the WPA2 key (also similar to the experiences in the c6900 thread).

My queston is, what is causing these signal dropouts, the router or possibly the firmware upgrade? I feel like I've contacted everyone for help - Netflix is getting fantastic mbps numbers from my home, as is Time Warner, my ISP. I've worked with Netgear to setup my wireless as strong as possible for streaming (changed channel/mode in router, etc). Samsung is supposed to be calling me back concerning the dropouts but I have the feeling they wont be able to help.

The worst part is, I had a crappy 37" NuVision LCD that was 5+years old and an old wireless G router that were streaming Netflix with ZERO streaming issues before. Now that I've got better and more modern technology, the service is worse?

Can anyone shed some light on the issue? Thanks for listening to my rant in my first post here, I'd love to hear others if they've experienced the same problems recently.

When you say the screen goes blank, how long does this happen for? There is a widely reported issue with the C7/8000 "blinking". This is where the screen goes black for about a second but sound continues. I don't think this is specific to the blu ray player, I think it's a tv issue. Search this thread and plenty of others. If it is that problem it looks like your best bet is to ask the store to swap the set out.

Not all sets suffer from this but it does seems to be a significant percentage.

·
Registered
639 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunza /forum/post/19733536

Does anyone know if 3d content can be streamed with DLNA?

I stream 3D videos as mp4 and mkv from my computer to my C8000. I use a wired network connection. They need to be 1920x1080.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Does anyone play retrogames on their Samsung LCD TV? I'm looking to upgrade last year's 32" to the C version's 40". Can anyone tell me if game play is ok?

·
Registered
4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBlack /forum/post/19736021

I stream 3D videos as mp4 and mkv from my computer to my C8000. I use a wired network connection. They need to be 1920x1080.

I have an iso....about 46GB

Could you recommend any software to extract mkv from this so I can stream it in true 3d?

·
Registered
17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnicognate /forum/post/19735472

When you say the screen goes blank, how long does this happen for? There is a widely reported issue with the C7/8000 "blinking". This is where the screen goes black for about a second but sound continues. I don't think this is specific to the blu ray player, I think it's a tv issue. Search this thread and plenty of others. If it is that problem it looks like your best bet is to ask the store to swap the set out.

Not all sets suffer from this but it does seems to be a significant percentage.

Yep, screen goes blank for about a second and the sound continues is spot on. But this only happens when streaming Netflix since yesterday; never had the problem with DVDs, Bluray, 3D, or when watching cable. Are others having the issue across all formats or only during streaming? Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it as I've had the tv for 2 weeks and the window for a return is closing!

·
Registered
545 Posts
I would have bought a 4311 if only BestBuy actually had a 4311.

Either way, the best work around to maintain high-end audio and 3D is to simply get a BD-C7900 as it has two HDMIs.. one v1.3 (for video/audio) and one for v1.4 (just for video). It actually works perfectly if you don't have a 3D capable receiver; you just have to adjust the source on both the TV and receiver. The only thing that blows is Samsung doesn't package the BD-C7900 with all their free 3D promotions.. so I had to talk with a manager at BestBuy who allowed me to just pay the difference between the BD-C6900 and BD-C7900.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nofears /forum/post/19731933

Do the following until you get a 3D compliant receiver:

6900 HDMI >>> TV

6900 Optical (digital) out >>> receiver

OR

6900 Analog speaker outs (seperately) >>> receiver analog inputs

Turn TV volume down and reciever volume UP when movie plays!

Enjoy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nofears /forum/post/19731943

The 4311 or A100 are both 3D compliant and supposedly quite good and by no means low end units.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwilson6
Yep, screen goes blank for about a second and the sound continues is spot on. But this only happens when streaming Netflix since yesterday; never had the problem with DVDs, Bluray, 3D, or when watching cable. Are others having the issue across all formats or only during streaming? Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it as I've had the tv for 2 weeks and the window for a return is closing!
Across the board. An earlier post from droozy said netflix on the Xbox has problems, so it may be that. Sorry, I don't know what netflix is and have every consol on the planet OTHER than an xbox, so I can't confirm. It may be that the blinking issue is input specific but the reports suggest not.

If you watch a lot of regular tv or blu rays and don't see it on either of those then it sounds like netflix is the most likely culprit. I suspect you'll be watching very closely over the next couple of weeks......

·
Registered
21 Posts
what would be the best refresh rate for a pc connected through hdmi 1.4a to my 8700 series tv?

I`m using it in combination with xmbc. 60hz does seem to give alot of juttering.

so i guess 24?

·
Registered
17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnicognate /forum/post/19738147

Across the board. An earlier post from droozy said netflix on the Xbox has problems, so it may be that. Sorry, I don't know what netflix is and have every consol on the planet OTHER than an xbox, so I can't confirm. It may be that the blinking issue is input specific but the reports suggest not.

If you watch a lot of regular tv or blu rays and don't see it on either of those then it sounds like netflix is the most likely culprit. I suspect you'll be watching very closely over the next couple of weeks......

Thanks for the feedback Omni! I tried streaming Netflix through my c6900 bluray player as well, and get the blinking there too. So its either the Samsung tv/bluray, the Netflix app, or the router. Netflix claims that I'm getting over 5mbps connection to their server so its not a problem on their end. The worst part is that this never happened when I had a crappier tv and a crappier router.... Netflix always worked with no issues!

My thought at this point is that Netflix is streaming an HD-quality signal to the tv (I've been told that the quality of the picture increases based on bandwidth) but it can't quite handle streaming that much mbps.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwilson6 /forum/post/19740629

... The worst part is that this never happened when I had a crappier tv and a crappier router....

I started out with the latest and greatest N dual band router a year ago and my wife's laptop was always losing the connection. In the fall, my son brought over a beat up, ancient, G router and solved the problem.

·
Registered
276 Posts
As we're only 30 minutes away from 2011 (well, here in blighty anyway) I'd like to take this opportunity to wish you all a Happy New Year. I wonder if this thread will still be going strong at the end of 2011 too ......

·
Registered
23 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnicognate /forum/post/19741527

As we're only 30 minutes away from 2011 (well, here in blighty anyway) I'd like to take this opportunity to wish you all a Happy New Year. I wonder if this thread will still be going strong at the end of 2011 too ......

And a HAPPY NEW YEAR to you Omni.

·
Registered
5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnicognate /forum/post/19741527

For my first post I would like to wish you and all a Happy New Year! Have a good time across the pond!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Has anyone else noticed how the speakers on these LED tvs seem to "clip" once and a while when certain types of sounds are coming thru them? It seems like it is when more treble type tones come thru when they kind of crackle or clip as I would call it.

Anyone else notice this? I'm wondering if I should exchange for another one...?

Model UN46C8000XF

·
Registered
276 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nofears /forum/post/19744591

Has anyone else noticed how the speakers on these LED tvs seem to "clip" once and a while when certain types of sounds are coming thru them? It seems like it is when more treble type tones come thru when they kind of crackle or clip as I would call it.

Anyone else notice this? I'm wondering if I should exchange for another one...?

Model UN46C8000XF

Nope, they all do it. However, you can make it 99% better by tweaking the sound eq settings. Unfortunately there is no real way of posting eq settings because they have no "values" as such. Try this

100hz +1

300hz + 1

1khz + 1

3khz + 2

10khz - 2 (note this one is a negative setting)

These settings are all from the "centre" point, standard settings.

Leave it as these for a little while to get used to them. They may sound a little tinny initially if you had a lot more base but I still think it sound better than my old tv. Given the thinness of the sets the sound is always going to be a little bit of a compromise, personally though I think they sound pretty good.

Btw, these settings are from my 46C8000

·
Registered
585 Posts
I can't get it to work. I called Samsung and they told me that it was a Facebook problem. I don't believe it. Anyone able to get it to work? How?

5241 - 5260 of 6316 Posts