TV Internet Connection 1018.1

Features

Touch of Color - Dark Grey

Bezel LED - White with a hint of blue - Can be disabled in menu

MKV Playback - Yes

NTFS Support - Yes

Swivel Stand - Yes

Backlit Remote - Yes

Please PM me if you are an owner and would like to include something on the first post.

Turning CE Dimming off:

Turn the power off. On the remote, press Mute followed by 1, 8, 2, Power in sequence. The TV will turn on and you should now see the service menu. Down arrow to Advanced. Press 0000. Then down arrow (not right arrow!) until you get to CE Dimming. Hit Enter. Down arrow to Standard or Movie and right arrow to switch it off. Hit Power to exit the service menu.

YOUR SETTINGS WILL BE RESET REGARDLESS IF YOU CHANGE ANYTHING IN THE SERVICE MENU OR NOT!

DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING ELSE IN THE SERVICE MENU UNLESS YOU ACTUALLY KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING. YOU'LL BRICK YOUR TV!

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The set ships in the box without the stand attached. The stand itself seems to be the same as the 55B7100 I had before it. I had no problems putting it on. The inputs are on the opposite side of both the 55B7100 and 52A650 I've owned. My HDMI cables were long enough so that wasn't an issue. The picture quality out of the box is much more uniform then the 55B7100. No dark corners or uniformity issues around the edges. I can't test for flashlights or clouding until it gets dark. However, in the daylight I can't see any flashlights. On my 55B7100 I could so right off that bat the 52B750 is doing better. I'm getting ready to mess around with some content now to check things out. However, HDTV is looking good in Movie mode with some minor adjustments. I'll mess around with DVE Blu-ray tonight.

·
Registered
39 Posts
bpmurr,

I'm interested in you first impressions of this set (PQ, Gaming lag, AMP...); I know you've been through some sets recently including the Luxia series. I have a 52" on order, should get it sometime next week. So far everything I've read on the B750 has been positive the only thing that still concerns me a little is gaming lag. Please keep us informed...Thanks!

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbies /forum/post/16346482

bpmurr,

I'm interested in you first impressions of this set (PQ, Gaming lag, AMP...); I know you've been through some sets recently including the Luxia series. I have a 52" on order, should get it sometime next week. So far everything I've read on the B750 has been positive the only thing that still concerns me a little is gaming lag. Please keep us informed...Thanks!

Will do!

edit: I can tell you right now the B750 has a much better picture off center then the 55B7100. I can sit to either side of the couch as well as the chair next to the couch without a major picture quality drop.

·
Banned
2,187 Posts
I've seen these new B610 B650 (not the 750 yet) and they have superb motion resolution. Even though the A650 and A750 did offer the best price and PQ, the new B models are a nice step-up (once the price drops are factored in).

·
Registered
378 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpmurr /forum/post/16346477

The set ships in the box without the stand attached. The stand itself seems to be the same as the 55B7100 I had before it. I had no problems putting it on. The inputs are on the opposite side of both the 55B7100 and 52A650 I've owned. My HDMI cables were long enough so that wasn't an issue. The picture quality out of the box is much more uniform then the 55B7100. No dark corners or uniformity issues around the edges. I can't test for flashlights or clouding until it gets dark. However, in the daylight I can't see any flashlights. On my 55B7100 I could so right off that bat the 52B750 is doing better. I'm getting ready to mess around with some content now to check things out. However, HDTV is looking good in Movie mode with some minor adjustments. I'll mess around with DVE Blu-ray tonight.

Can't wait to hear all about your set. This will be my next set,I really miss my old ln55a950 so hopefully this will fill my void.

·
Registered
56 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpmurr /forum/post/16346490

Will do!

edit: I can tell you right now the B750 has a much better picture off center then the 55B7100. I can sit to either side of the couch as well as the chair next to the couch without a major picture quality drop.

I too am interested in this set. With our my seating arrangement, we do not look straight on at the TV due to how our room has to be configured. Both of our couches and a chair are a little off to the side of the viewing area. So that means both sides will be at about a 20 degree viewing angle. In viewing the TV at Fry's this weekend there did not appear to be much dropoff at all in color or black levels at around 10-20 degrees. However at 45 degrees, I noticed a lot of dropoff in the black level to where it turned lighter and more grayish. Can you verify this? Good to have a second set of eyes for this. This set looks stunning by the way. Colors and black levels are very good and the picture is really sharp. It would be good to hear about how well the new 240 hz works too.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoG /forum/post/16347074

I too am interested in this set. With our my seating arrangement, we do not look straight on at the TV due to how our room has to be configured. Both of our couches and a chair are a little off to the side of the viewing area. So that means both sides will be at about a 20 degree viewing angle. In viewing the TV at Fry's this weekend there did not appear to be much dropoff at all in color or black levels at around 10-20 degrees. However at 45 degrees, I noticed a lot of dropoff in the black level to where it turned lighter and more grayish. Can you verify this? Good to have a second set of eyes for this. This set looks stunning by the way. Colors and black levels are very good and the picture is really sharp. It would be good to hear about how well the new 240 hz works too.

That sounds about right for the drop off. Beyond 45 degrees it is noticeable but until that point it holds the image quality much better then the LED edge lit LCD sets. It's not Plasma viewing angles but very good for a LCD.

·
Registered
13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpmurr /forum/post/16347154

That sounds about right for the drop off. Beyond 45 degrees it is noticeable but until that point it holds the image quality much better then the LED edge lit LCD sets. It's not Plasma viewing angles but very good for a LCD.

I'm looking forward to your feedback on the B750, as I'm pretty convinced I'll be pulling the trigger on this set awfully soon. I'm relegating my 46inch XBR2 to the bedroom. I was close to pulling the trigger on the A650/750 last week, especially with Amazon's "almost" free blu ray player thrown in. But the price on the B750 is close enough to the clearance prices on the A series sets, so why not just get the new set, along with the newer features. Hopefully, the PQ is also a step-up as well.

Also, if you don't mind, could you take some pictures of the physical set too? No stores around me carry this thing yet, and I would love some pics of this thing out in the wild.

Thanks, and enjoy your new set!!

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwai1o /forum/post/16347954

is the cable coax on the opposite side as well?

The coax cable is also on the right rear if you are facing the screen.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Anybody happen to have access to an input lag test for this set?

I'm really curious (as I'm sure many are) as to whether or not 240hz doubles the input lag of a 120hz panel.

Even more important though is whether or not there is noticeable lag.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLS49 /forum/post/16348063

Anybody happen to have access to an input lag test for this set?

I'm really curious (as I'm sure many are) as to whether or not 240hz doubles the input lag of a 120hz panel.

Even more important though is whether or not there is noticeable lag.

I just played a couple rounds for Street Fighter 4 and it didn't feel any different to me then playing on the 52B650, 111FD, or 55B7100. I had AMP off.

On another note. I just turned off all the lights and checked the screen.

No flashlights or noticeable clouding. If I turn the back light all the way to 10 I still can't really make anything out. Trust me I have a proven history on here of being picky and I can't find anything.

Now I'll say right now the black borders on movies don't blend in, heck the 111FD wasn't 100% black. However, the picture still looks fantastic in the dark and the borders are a very dark shade of grey. It seems to be on par with the 55B7100 just without the uniformity issues.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpmurr /forum/post/16348149

Now I'll say right now the black borders on movies don't blend in, heck the 111FD wasn't 100% black. However, the picture still looks fantastic in the dark and the borders are a very dark shade of grey. It seems to be on par with the 55B7100 just without the uniformity issues.

Would love to see an actual black level reading; you're right that not even the 111FD was 100% black, but apparently the 9G Pioneer Plasmas measure .001 ft Lamberts. I'm just trying to get an idea of how far LCDs have (or haven't) come since my 2007 71F (.012 ft L). No one can seem to tell me what the Luxia models measure at.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanbauer /forum/post/16348278

Would love to see an actual black level reading; you're right that not even the 111FD was 100% black, but apparently the 9G Pioneer Plasmas measure .001 ft Lamberts. I'm just trying to get an idea of how far LCDs have (or haven't) come since my 2007 71F (.012 ft L). No one can seem to tell me what the Luxia models measure at.

I'd love to get a pro to give us a reading on one. If any calibrators out there want to have a crack at my set let me know. I'm sure we can work something out.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
mods please delete

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
mods please delete

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I tried taking pictures tonight. They aren't coming out right though. Here is one of Kenny powers. I don't know if it's the camera or my laptop LCD but you can see the detail in his hair and more accurate color in person. I need to play around some more to see if I can get a more "accurate" pic. The guys over in the Kuro pictures thread have the TV picture taking down to a science.

1 - 20 of 7378 Posts