AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the 58c8000 and the pictures are stunning. Black level is INKY BLACK. I will post as soon as I can figure why I can't attach any pictures but feel free to show yours. Let's show everybody why Samsung is better than people give credit to.

·
Banned
2,386 Posts
I don't have Samsung plasma but I can show you a few pics of my Panny plasma and you guys can use it / compare it as a reference?

EDIT: Damn mojoe.. you do good job taking pics. You must have a nice camera..

P.s. you can go to imageshack.us and upload pics there. You can post direct links from the site and you can view full size pics.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i used a Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ5 set to auto. This doesn't really show the detail that actually shows on the screen but you can see the black levels are awesome as well as color. By the way this isn't a Blu-Ray, it's live TV from Verizon Fios HD. Not sure which channel it was. How does everybody upload multiple images.

·
Banned
2,386 Posts
^ Nice camera. That's impressive considering it wasn't blu-ray source.:thumbup:

If you go to imageshack.us, select images to upload by clicking "Browse" and it will let you select multiple pic files... and once the upload is complete it will give you multiple links for all pics u upp'ed. That's where I got all my king of the king beautiful panny pics being hosted.

·
Banned
2,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoe /forum/post/19542187

Wow thanks cheez! I resized them. Should I leave them alone to get full image size or will it not upload.

I would leave them alone in size so we can get to see more detail of the pics. The preferred size is around 1280 x 768 + or -.. like your first pic is really good. imageshack has limit of 2MB per picture I think.....

And I can tell by looking at your last 3 pics.. your Samsung seems to be a good performer. Black levels are definitely impressive..

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I used to look at the Kuro picture thread and drool. I'm very happy with this Samsung. Too many haters here. I don't care which brand is better as long as I can be happy with what I can afford. Regardless of which brand you own, just sit back and enjoy a movie without nitpicking every detail of what you see.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Those look pretty good, but the type of camera being used can make a big difference in a situation like this.

I'll take some 5080HD shots just for comparison's sake...although I've got a basketball game on...and I'm not turning it off atm

Camera is not the greatest, sorry for the grain on some of the pics, I would love to get a solid comparison going since I am considering a next gen samsung or panny...the 7000 and 8000 really caught my eye thsi past week in BBY.

·
Registered
58 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoe /forum/post/19542256

I used to look at the Kuro picture thread and drool. I'm very happy with this Samsung. Too many haters here. I don't care which brand is better as long as I can be happy with what I can afford. Regardless of which brand you own, just sit back and enjoy a movie without nitpicking every detail of what you see.

I must say this is a great statement, I have been pulling my hair out trying to decide on what I'm buying, trying to justify the extra $600 for the 3D and I really can't afford it.

I'm going to go with my 1st pick, have it calibrated and I know I will be very very happy with it, my post is a little off topic but I just wanted to say congrats to Mojoe for saying what he did....

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hannah, go with the best you can afford. Don't pay attention to brand but do make sure you do your homework. Your final decision should be based on what your eyes see and what your mind says. Obviously this isn't easy as you probably have to deal with a Best Buy or something similar to make your decision. I went to Magnolia which had their sets set up properly and allowed me to make a good decision. Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,393 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoe /forum/post/19542256

Congrats on your new PDP, I am sure it is FANTASTIC, enjoy your new toy.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoe /forum/post/19544709

Was looking at Kuro picture thread and I still can't figure out how they post full size image without it being a thumbnail or attachment.

Those pics where uploaded to my smugmug account, then loaded to the thread.

·
Registered
919 Posts
While I'm certain one can't infer HDTV PQ from camera shots re-displayed on a monitor, it's a fun exercise. I think I've posted most, if not all, of these at one point or another. The 1st three are at night. The 4th in the late afternoon with lights reflecting in the screen and the 5th during the day. The TV is a PN58C7000 with DirecTV as the source. Camera is an old Canon S400 point and shoot.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts