AVS Forum banner

441 - 460 of 4461 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by genki /forum/post/21886154

Does the 64E7000 have the claw foot stand and what color is it? Thanks

Yes chrome claw foot. color is a dark bronze i think. Not black but looks pretty good.

·
Registered
653 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrassie86 /forum/post/21885523

Here's my 64E7000.

looks very nice :).

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Brightness pops have not been fixed! My 51E8000 has very noticeable brightness fluctuations, particularly when watching hockey. Very dissaponted and if it continues and there is no firmware upgrade to fix it then i am getting my money back and buying the new GT50.

I really do want to like this new set but right now...i dont.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Can someone tell me where in the menu i can find the control for the Ambient Light Sensor? Or if there even is one.

Thanks,

51E8000 Owner

·
Registered
162 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wattheF /forum/post/21887620

Brightness pops have not been fixed! My 51E8000 has very noticeable brightness fluctuations, particularly when watching hockey. Very dissaponted and if it continues and there is no firmware upgrade to fix it then i am getting my money back and buying the new GT50.

I really do want to like this new set but right now...i dont.

I was watching some hockey the other day, looking For brightness fluctuations, i noticed what i thought were cam flashes, but i also noticed some other little blips i will call them in the brightness that i thought might be tied to the pixel shifter being on, since i could not run in screen fit on that channel.So i thought pixel shift was causing the other little pops in brightness, Not sure though.

Also my 7000 has what is called "Motion Lighting" that is in the advanced pic menu, Mine has been "grayed out" since turning the eco stuff off, But it did do something with the brightness.

·
Registered
17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomeo /forum/post/21884458

Still no pictures of installed e8000/e7000...Pffff....Is it so difficult to take pictures, just to see the tv in real conditions and in action?

Please, a little effort. Thanks!

I'll post some pictures of my installed 51e7000 tonight

I watched the 3D BR version of Hugo last night and was blown away by the PQ and 3D on this set. Bright, even, beautiful picture. I set it to Movie mode and changed the picture mode from Warm 2 to Warm 1- which I think is really really close to perfect.

I haven't noticed any brightness fluctuations (at least on the e7000) and the 'buzzing' I noticed the first day is a complete non-issue. It is so faint, that I've only ever noticed it when nothing in my house but the TV was on- and on mute. Maybe some sets are louder, but if this is the buzzing people have been mentioning, its like saying the gears in your wristwatch turn too loudly for you to enjoy looking at what time it is.

·
Registered
653 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrassie86 /forum/post/21888059

I was watching some hockey the other day, looking For brightness fluctuations, i noticed what i thought were cam flashes, but i also noticed some other little blips i will call them in the brightness that i thought might be tied to the pixel shifter being on, since i could not run in screen fit on that channel.So i thought pixel shift was causing the other little pops in brightness, Not sure though.

Also my 7000 has what is called "Motion Lighting" that is in the advanced pic menu, Mine has been "grayed out" since turning the eco stuff off, But it did do something with the brightness.

Yes those Bright Pops do look like the Camera making Sudden changes in exposure but they are not there on other TV's with the same material. I am a big fan of 3D and seen rather a lot on the D6900 here in the UK but i have Never seen one Bright Scene pop with 3D to date. Its an odd one no doubt and i think would be very simple to fix, Trouble is getting a decent Sammy engineer to actually see and log the issue on a set then report back to Samsung.

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
I currently own a D7000 and I'm very unhappy with it due to the brightness pops in dark scenes which drive me nuts. I'ts so bad I'm considering trading in the set to Best Buy for 50% just to get rid of it. I shouldn't even consider another Samsung, but I figured I'd read a bit in here about the new E7000 just to see if things got better. I'm amazed to see the E models also have brightness pops, according to several users here already. That seals it for me right here - I guess it's gonna be a Panasonic then if I do this because I'm gonna lose money trading in this set just to get an E7000 with the same issue.

·
Registered
324 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle_2 /forum/post/21890180

I currently own a D7000 and I'm very unhappy with it due to the brightness pops in dark scenes which drive me nuts. I'ts so bad I'm considering trading in the set to Best Buy for 50% just to get rid of it. I shouldn't even consider another Samsung, but I figured I'd read a bit in here about the new E7000 just to see if things got better. I'm amazed to see the E models also have brightness pops, according to several users here already. That seals it for me right here - I guess it's gonna be a Panasonic then if I do this because I'm gonna lose money trading in this set just to get an E7000 with the same issue.

I'm assuming you already applied the fix? It didn't work for you? My D7000 has no brightness pops after the fix was applied.

The only "issue" I have with the set is the ABL kicking in during hockey games which can be kind of annoying.

·
Registered
162 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by panman40 /forum/post/21890112

Yes those Bright Pops do look like the Camera making Sudden changes in exposure but they are not there on other TV's with the same material. I am a big fan of 3D and seen rather a lot on the D6900 here in the UK but i have Never seen one Bright Scene pop with 3D to date. Its an odd one no doubt and i think would be very simple to fix, Trouble is getting a decent Sammy engineer to actually see and log the issue on a set then report back to Samsung.

I guesse i could have been clearer, What i thought i saw was the TV cameras filming the game picking up people in the crowd using there camera flashes. And of course what i thought was the pixel shift being on. I never noticed these thing on my C7000, And i dont think i'm seeing what are the brightness pops. so not really sure. What i do know is.i was early in buying my C7000 and it was alittle funky in the begining intill firmware fixes started rolling in. then was great till it died.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Katzmaier's hand's on with gesture and voice control on CNET is classic and paints the picture perfectly on just how smart this TV is - not. Don't just watch the video - be sure to read the article also. I believe he was ready to gesture control (punch) the TV! Again, I appreciate the effort by Samsung by trying to move technology forward but damn, this stuff is BETA to the max. I still can't get the IR blaster to work for my Direct TV box. It would have been great if Samsung would have just included a remote with built in Keyboard on the back.

Finally had to actually turn voice control off. People talking on my answering machine were turning the TV on. My kid playing the harmonica had all kinds of menus opening...then to top it all off I'm on the couch with the wife watching TV and I go in for a discrete nose pick and the gesture control kicks on and the mouse cursor starts following my every move totally blowing my cover! Busted! I guess now it's time to turn gesture control off! Looks like my e8000 has just officially been demoted to an e7000 since I have to turn all the futuristic options off. Shoot...I can't even get mad any more over the upgrade because of all the laughs this thing has provided in the first week!

The picture is still awesome and I'm looking forward to much more professional reviews and calbiration settings but I do hope you enjoyed my story!

Peace!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I recently renovated our entire family room and have this baby up on the wall. She is a beauty and far the best picture I have seen out of any plasma display. Sports look simply amazing, even soccer!

The only problem I am having is that every hour or so the unit shuts off and on by itself.
All of my Eco /energy saving options are off so hopefully it is just a firmware issue and an update will resolve this problem. I will try this tonight and report back. Anyone else having this issue?

·
Registered
162 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by djtones /forum/post/21890914

I recently renovated our entire family room and have this baby up on the wall. She is a beauty and far the best picture I have seen out of any plasma display. Sports look simply amazing, even soccer!

The only problem I am having is that every hour or so the unit shuts off and on by itself.
All of my Eco /energy saving options are off so hopefully it is just a firmware issue and an update will resolve this problem. I will try this tonight and report back. Anyone else having this issue?

Check the timers in the system menu under time...there is on/off settings in there.. May help.

·
Registered
8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrassie86 /forum/post/21891086

Check the timers in the system menu under time...there is on/off settings in there.. May help.

I will double check tonight, but I believe all those settings are off. I will also post some pics of her mounted on a dual articulating arm bracket. Looks amazing! Hopefully I will not need a new set. Also, no buzz at all. Just this friggin on/off thing.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
so your c7000 only lasted two years

·
Registered
3,759 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrassie86 /forum/post/21890783

I guesse i could have been clearer, What i thought i saw was the TV cameras filming the game picking up people in the crowd using there camera flashes. And of course what i thought was the pixel shift being on. I never noticed these thing on my C7000, And i dont think i'm seeing what are the brightness pops. so not really sure. What i do know is.i was early in buying my C7000 and it was alittle funky in the begining intill firmware fixes started rolling in. then was great till it died.

so your c7000 only lasted two years. i have a pn50c7000 its still going strong and that scares me. but i want to upgrade and get a pn60e8000 so how did your tv die??????????? what is your picture quality compared to the c7000 do you think it's worth it or should i wait i just want a bigger screen

·
Registered
162 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargervais /forum/post/21891616

so your c7000 only lasted two years. i have a pn50c7000 its still going strong and that scares me. but i want to upgrade and get a pn60e8000 so how did your tv die??????????? what is your picture quality compared to the c7000 do you think it's worth it or should i wait i just want a bigger screen

heh, i think most of the people in here so far have replacements, Mine didnt really die,but it did get these thick pinkish lines across the screen. To be really honest i dont see a real difference. maybe better blacks. when i first got this tv i was unhappy with the picture but at the same time there was not even 100 hrs on it.. now there is, I think my C7000 may had shown a bit more detail. But who knows its been over a week now since it was carted away and the memory fades..
I would not upgrade just to upgrade. not worth it. but for a bigger set, thats different

441 - 460 of 4461 Posts