AVS Forum banner

81 - 100 of 14673 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
What are your votes for best bluray picture quality you have watched on the F8500 that made you grin!

I love Life of Pi and The Dark Knight!

Animations such as Up and Madagascar and Avatar are so colorful and fun to watch also!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Thanks to some in these forums helping me make my decision this will be my first plasma. I havent watched it yet my break in period is over saturday and I cant wait, ill be using some of the settings posted in these threads. Im coming from a 65hx950 good tv but couldnt deal with the off axis, My wife was mad when I sent it back for exchange so I cant wait to put this tv to the test so I can stop hearing the bickering and get a nice big hug when she realize how good the pq is lol..

·
Registered
410 Posts
Hey guys (this includes gals), can you post pix of your calibrated TV? Want to see if it is worth it to get my set calibrated. Had the 60", but returned for the 64" which will be delivered tomorrow. Found the standard setting to be pretty good with the movie setting good for night viewing. Relax is actually pretty good to especially for The Hobbit.

·
Registered
20,489 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubusduck  /t/1475066/official-samsung-pnxxf8500-owners-thread-no-street-price-talk/60#post_23374912

Hey guys (this includes gals), can you post pix of your calibrated TV? Want to see if it is worth it to get my set calibrated. Had the 60", but returned for the 64" which will be delivered tomorrow. Found the standard setting to be pretty good with the movie setting good for night viewing. Relax is actually pretty good to especially for The Hobbit.

Posting pictures of a calibrated TV will not show off what is seen on the actual TV. The "worth" of calibration is if you want the most acurate picture you can possibly get out of your set, or if your OK with tweaking it yourself.

·
Coyote Waits
27,251 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubusduck  /t/1475066/official-samsung-pnxxf8500-owners-thread-no-street-price-talk/50_50#post_23374912

There is no way to communicate the value of a professional calibration with a picture. If you assume that the F8500 is similar to the best plasmas that have the controls needed to calibrate them you can read the experiences of owners who have had the work done.

Use the "Customer's ... " link in the signature area at the bottom of my post and go to the flat panel reports in post number two. The Pioneer Elite models, and the Panasonic VT50, VT60, and ZT60 are good examples of what you might expect from the F8500.

If you're happy with your set now, take some time to learn what calibration and professional calibration is all about before making up your mind one way or the other. There is a settings thread for the F8500 that might interest you too.

Enjoy.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Here's a question ... my viewing distance is roughly 7 feet from my 60" F8500 and I can plainly see the effects of the nanotube filter at that distance (vertical off axis degradation). Do I have a defective panel with an over aggressive filter? From what I've read those effects should stop from roughly 2 to 3 feet. What do you guys see?

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
^^ Not sure where you got the 2-3ft but I can see the effects of the filter over 16ft away when I'm at drastic vertical angles above or below the screen. In my normal seating area where the center of the screen is aligned with my eyes....all is well. I dont think you have a defect.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdjocp  /t/1475066/official-samsung-pnxxf8500-owners-thread-no-street-price-talk/90#post_23375402

whats considered drastic vertical angles

As an example, is see the effects of the filter 16ft away and where my eyes are 14" above the top of the screen.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I'll try to get my calibration numbers and charts n graphs uploaded and posted tomorrow. 64 inch 8500

·
Registered
410 Posts
Got my 64" today. Had the 60" because it fit perfectly on my stand. Decided to get the 64" because I wanted the biggest panel I could get since I'm not going to buy another TV for 5 years most likely. Wow, what a monster this thing is. Need to do a little re-arranging of the entertainment unit, but I'm glad I got the 64". My 60" buzzed, but I have not heard anything out of the 64". Thank you Lord for giving me the means to own this fantastic piece of equipment. Finally, all my blurays to be displayed in all their glory!

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
^awesome dub! only thing i wish i could have gone larger than 51"! glad u got a nonbuzzer

·
Registered
168 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by caeguy  /t/1475066/official-samsung-pnxxf8500-owners-thread-no-street-price-talk/90#post_23375561

As an example, is see the effects of the filter 16ft away and where my eyes are 14" above the top of the screen.

That doesnt sound to pleasing, might as well be like having bad off axis viewing with a led tv, hope when i put mine up I dont run into that problem... fingers crossed might have to wall mount mine if this happens.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpankey  /t/1475066/official-samsung-pnxxf8500-owners-thread-no-street-price-talk/80_20#post_23377583

I'll try to get my calibration numbers and charts n graphs uploaded and posted tomorrow. 64 inch 8500

thanks! got ya added to the list...

·
Coyote Waits
27,251 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by barth2k  /t/1475066/official-samsung-pnxxf8500-owners-thread-no-street-price-talk/50_50#post_23378245

Um, don't we already have a f8500 owners thread
Yes. This is it. The other one was a "discussion" thread that started by Cleveland Plasma just before the F8500 sets were available. Some of the discussions that took place in the first thread are off topic in this thread. For instance that might be posting that my non Samsung display is better than your F8500.

·
Registered
168 Posts
can someone point me I'm the right direction with a link for settings for the 64 my break in period is up today. I just plan on using the suggested settings, no meter or anything just copy and paste would like t.v. to be bright too if anyone had settings along those lines thanks in advance

81 - 100 of 14673 Posts