AVS Forum banner

14561 - 14580 of 14636 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
HDMI ports are out with "No signal"

Yesterday, while watching my PN64F8500, suddenly screen went blank with No Signal found error. So I thought, the Roku player connected to that hDMI port is gone. So I switched to Apple player connected to another port. I was able to watch for an hour or so, and the screen went blank with No HDMI signal error. Tried, hard reset, Hidden system menu reset, switched it off for 10 hours, no use. I have a beautiful TV with all it's HDMIs gone.

Any ideas, please? Is this time to to replace HDMI port board? Or time to buy new TV?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Can you still 'stream' using the internal apps? How many hours? I thought HDMI are part of MAIN BOARD - I'm of course not sure but I'm still liking my PN64F8500 - I'm well past 18K hours I'd think and I've only done the 3 capacitor fix. I'm still Xfinity/CableCARD & TiVo and likely will be until QAM goes away.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Can you still 'stream' using the internal apps? How many hours? I thought HDMI are part of MAIN BOARD - I'm of course not sure but I'm still liking my PN64F8500 - I'm well past 18K hours I'd think and I've only done the 3 capacitor fix. I'm still Xfinity/CableCARD & TiVo and likely will be until QAM goes away.
Yes, streaming works. I use Roku 4K and Apple TV a lot making my TV really Smart. But now I need to downgrade to Samsung apps which are slooow. I can't connect my cable box either. Any thoughts. Do I need to replace HDMI control card?

·
Registered
442 Posts
Yes, streaming works. I use Roku 4K and Apple TV a lot making my TV really Smart. But now I need to downgrade to Samsung apps which are slooow. I can't connect my cable box either. Any thoughts. Do I need to replace HDMI control card?

I'm quite sure Nicks can help you. I would think it's not a terribly difficult DIY R & R. Is your F8500 on the wall or stand?

https://www.nickstvs.com/store/c34/Main_Board_Repair_Services.html

·
Registered
30 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Sorry for the delay in getting back. Yes my TV was on the wall but now sitting on the floor. I live in Chicago land. I don't know how big of a deal is to do DIY.
The DIY isn't an issue. There should be many videos available. It's been so long I couldn't link you to those I used. If you used Nicks the aggravation would be the wait. I'd only do the single board and not do the 'package' that Nicks seems to promote. I only know two that have used Nicks - both happy. I had my 3 caps done locally.

Maybe a 'Chicagoland' user will see this most recent post and offer a 'local'. Myself I'd be inclined to use Nicks after a conversation with them. Inclined doesn't mean I would.

*****USE ONLY YOUR BOARD - NO EXCHANGES!! Mark it so that you know!

·
Registered
30 Posts
The DIY isn't an issue. There should be many videos available. It's been so long I couldn't link you to those I used. If you used Nicks the aggravation would be the wait. I'd only do the single board and not do the 'package' that Nicks seems to promote. I only know two that have used Nicks - both happy. I had my 3 caps done locally.

Maybe a 'Chicagoland' user will see this most recent post and offer a 'local'. Myself I'd be inclined to use Nicks after a conversation with them. Inclined doesn't mean I would.

Thanks for your advice. I got an OLED TV as I have two teenagers at home due to lock down and can't afford this plasma to be repaired. I have this 100 pound paperweight. I can give it a try to do DIY. It's a shame that this plasma failed only under 6 years. My older Panasonic plasma (50 incher) still strong with no issues.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Thanks for your advice. I got an OLED TV as I have two teenagers at home due to lock down and can't afford this plasma to be repaired. I have this 100 pound paperweight. I can give it a try to do DIY. It's a shame that this plasma failed only under 6 years. My older Panasonic plasma (50 incher) still strong with no issues.

Yean, my 64F8500 began showing symptoms of impending failure in 3 years, and failed hard in about 4 years and 4 months.

Our grown daughter is still using the 50" Pioneer plasma that I bought in early 2008.

·
Registered
442 Posts

If you've replaced it you might consider a sale. I believe with just an HDMI issue it might sell quickly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm the latest to suffer the plasma death. However, my issue seems like very few have run into it. It turns on fine and works normal, then sometimes it'll just restart itself. Then it'll either stay on, or it'll restart itself a few more times in a loop and then stay off with the red led light blinking. THe only way to turn it back on is to unplug and plug it back in. This is an inconsistent issue too, so some times it has zero problems at all. I have no issues with missing sound or no picture etc like everyone is talking about the caps and stuff. Mine just reboots randomly.

I find someone talking about it and said they replaced the main board and that worked, so I took the gamble and tried that. It didn't work. Anyone have other ideas?
Avoiding a new tv until ASTC 3.0 is more widely available and built into the TVs instead of an external tuner.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I'm the latest to suffer the plasma death. However, my issue seems like very few have run into it. It turns on fine and works normal, then sometimes it'll just restart itself. Then it'll either stay on, or it'll restart itself a few more times in a loop and then stay off with the red led light blinking. THe only way to turn it back on is to unplug and plug it back in. This is an inconsistent issue too, so some times it has zero problems at all. I have no issues with missing sound or no picture etc like everyone is talking about the caps and stuff. Mine just reboots randomly.

I find someone talking about it and said they replaced the main board and that worked, so I took the gamble and tried that. It didn't work. Anyone have other ideas?
Avoiding a new tv until ASTC 3.0 is more widely available and built into the TVs instead of an external tuner.

If it's a 64" do the caps.

·
Registered
580 Posts

That sounds like the 3 capacitors issue.

Mine started out doing what you describe when it was only 12 - 18 months old. It would do it only once or twice a month, and I thought it was strange. Then it worsened so that if I turned the TV off, I'd have to pull the plug to turn it back on right away. Then it started forcing me to wait an hour after I shut it off before it would turn back on. Then it failed hard, coming on with sound after a long wait but never any picture.

As I understand it, it's actually the firmware looking at some kind of voltage or current level somewhere, and reacting or declining to react. If that's correct, the symptoms could present slightly inconsistently, since the firmware can be kind of funky.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Can anyone point out what 3 capacitors are on a 51". Everything I've looked at only seems to show Y boards for 64's and the 51" appears to be different.
Here's a pic of my Y board.
Here's the video of it rebooting:

Attachments

·
Registered
442 Posts
PN64F8500 and a Darbee 5100-CIE issue.

I had always been interested in a Darbee for my F8500. I bought and use a 5000S with no issues. I had an opportunity to purchase a 5100CIE and thought I'd prefer that. It's giving me fits.

I have currently only a Roku Ultra (2019), an Xfinity XG1V4 and a TiVo A93 Mini to the HDMI of a TSR-5830 Yamaha (RX-V583). The TiVo Mini seems to do well but the Mini doesn't have any CEC-ON. The Roku and Xfinity seem to always trigger CEC and I get a proper display but about every 35 seconds I get a drop-down on the display showing the HDMI and it's resolution. Ex: HDMI3-CEC 1920X1080/60P. I'm quite confident that I've disabled Anynet+ on the F8500 and also the TSR-5830. Various HDMI on the F8500 all do the same. I bought a CEC-LESS (missing 13) cable assuming it might just 'fix' the issue. Regardless of where placed, before or after the 5100CIE it doesn't do what I expected.

I've used some 'older & longer' cables seeing others had mentioned longer had helped, posted 4 - 5 years ago.

The only place I had considered maybe placing CEC-LESS on the Roku maybe assuming the WiFi remote maybe is triggering the Anynet+ on the F8500. Thoughts?

CAN ANYNET+ CEC BE TURNED OFF IN SVC MENU?

·
Registered
337 Posts
I have replaced both the power supply and y-sus boards in my 64/8500. Still wont turn on.

Called Samsung for repair center referral. They told me there isn't one in my area, I'm out of luck.

I live in South Florida, population of over 5 million. 0 results for service.

Any ideas on how to get it up and running?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all. I have a 60" F8500 that unfortunately started the slow start issue. Not ready to give up on plasma I just purchased a 64" F8500 with 3500 hrs for $600. At some point I will repair the 60" and keep it. The 64" had been calibrated, has not been factory reset, and I want to take notes on ALL settings prior to reset. How do I get access to all the settings I will need to take note of so I can input them after reset and maintain the calibration settings. Also see the hours of operation. Anything else?
Thank you for your assistance.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Hi all. I have a 60" F8500 that unfortunately started the slow start issue. Not ready to give up on plasma I just purchased a 64" F8500 with 3500 hrs for $600. At some point I will repair the 60" and keep it. The 64" had been calibrated, has not been factory reset, and I want to take notes on ALL settings prior to reset. How do I get access to all the settings I will need to take note of so I can input them after reset and maintain the calibration settings. Also see the hours of operation. Anything else?
I used to have a 64" F8500 that died due to the "3 capacitor" issue.

It was calibrated by the famous Chad B.

As I recall, when Chad B calibrated it, there were no longer any calibration settings that were hidden in the service menu. Just go into the User menus for the picture settings, and write them all all down, and you should be good.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Remember that each input has it's own settings for each mode, such as the "Movie"-mode.
And if you are using 3D, that is also a variant of the "Movie"-mode for each input.

·
Registered
30 Posts

After purchasing an OLED, I did something I should NOT have done - tried to fix my F8500.

I ran self diagnostic test through SVC menu. It returned HDMI IC failed message.

Then went ahead bought a used main HDMI board from a used TVParts site. I replaced to see my TV HDMI ports come alive.

But once you have experienced OLED it's difficult to go back.

What should I do?

14561 - 14580 of 14636 Posts