AVS Forum banner

621 - 640 of 694 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Long time lurker- first time poster. Bought the lsp9t based on reviews here and other places. Have it paired with grandview dynamique 120 screen and I agree with what most people have posted here.

The RBE is worse especially for people who wear glasses. My family doesn’t even notice it while I am slowly getting used to it. The red sparkle is also something that I got used to after 1.5 months and don’t notice anymore. The CA is definitely bad but maybe getting better with time (perhaps it’s my brain getting used to it). The colors are amazing. Can’t go back to other cheaper UST projectors now (may still consider LG HU85la - my 100 day return window is until feb 15)

The problem I have is with the white ghosting/shadow/light spray beyond the screen. I used the built in positioning screen to align all the corners with manual positioning of the projector. No image fit was used. I still get a white shadow beyond my screen border (see image - light overflow below, above and slightly to the sides)

does anyone have similar problem? Any solutions? View attachment 3075436
That light is because the projector isn't perfectly aligned. When you use the adjustments that doesn't change where the base light goes it just changes the video rendering. The only way to remove that is to try to better align the screen and projector. In your case you need to either raise the screen or lower the projector a bit. You also need to move the projector in slightly.

·
Registered
67 Posts
That light is because the projector isn't perfectly aligned. When you use the adjustments that doesn't change where the base light goes it just changes the video rendering. The only way to remove that is to try to better align the screen and projector. In your case you need to either raise the screen or lower the projector a bit. You also need to move the projector in slightly.
I can confirm this as well. Had the same problem myself. In my case I solved it by moving the projector forward a little bit. It doesn't need to be pushed forward much, but just a tiny bit makes all the difference. Now it's wonderful. I told my gf never to dust around that area, or even come close to it ha! She looked at me like "what is wrong with this guy lol?!"

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you for all the replies. I have not used keystone correction. I’ll try to adjust the projector position again and retake some pics. It is a pity that such an expensive projector still has issues with CA but our options are limited right now until cheaper 3 laser true 4K projectors become available over the next 3-4 years. YOLO. Life’s too short to nitpick too much.

I’m happy overall with the projector.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I can't be sure as I haven't seen either in person, but I really like the T-Prism material based on what I've seen online (videos and specs) so I'm leaning that way. The website can be confusing, so it might be best to email the contact. They are very responsive to questions.
Thanks!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
오랜 시간 숨어있는 - 처음으로 포스터. 여기 및 기타 장소에 대한 리뷰를 기반으로 lsp9t를 구입했습니다. 그랜드 뷰 다이너마이크 120 화면과 짝을 이뤄 대부분의 사람들이 여기에 게시한 내용에 동의합니다.

RBE는 특히 안경을 착용하는 사람들에게 더 나쁩니다. 우리 가족은 내가 천천히 익숙해지는 동안 그것을 알아차리지 못합니다. 빨간 반짝임은 또한 내가 1.5 개월 후에 익숙해졌고 더 이상 눈치 채지 못하는 것입니다. CA는 확실히 나쁜 하지만 어쩌면 시간이 지남에 따라 점점 (아마도 그것은 그것에 익숙해 내 두뇌). 색상은 놀랍습니다. 지금 다른 저렴 한 UST 프로젝터로 돌아갈 수 없습니다 (여전히 LG HU85la를 고려할 수 있습니다 - 내 100 일 반환 기간은 2 월 15 일까지)

내가 가지고있는 문제는 화면 너머의 흰색 고스팅 / 그림자 / 조명 스프레이입니다. 내장된 포지셔닝 스크린을 사용하여 모든 모서리를 프로젝터의 수동 포지셔닝과 정렬했습니다. 이미지 맞춤이 사용되지 않았습니다. 나는 여전히 화면 테두리 를 넘어 흰색 그림자를 얻을 (이미지 참조 - 아래, 위와 약간 측면에 빛이 오버플로)

사람이 비슷한 문제가 있습니까? 어떤 솔루션? View attachment 3075436
[/견적]
Long time lurker- first time poster. Bought the lsp9t based on reviews here and other places. Have it paired with grandview dynamique 120 screen and I agree with what most people have posted here.

The RBE is worse especially for people who wear glasses. My family doesn’t even notice it while I am slowly getting used to it. The red sparkle is also something that I got used to after 1.5 months and don’t notice anymore. The CA is definitely bad but maybe getting better with time (perhaps it’s my brain getting used to it). The colors are amazing. Can’t go back to other cheaper UST projectors now (may still consider LG HU85la - my 100 day return window is until feb 15)

The problem I have is with the white ghosting/shadow/light spray beyond the screen. I used the built in positioning screen to align all the corners with manual positioning of the projector. No image fit was used. I still get a white shadow beyond my screen border (see image - light overflow below, above and slightly to the sides)

does anyone have similar problem? Any solutions? View attachment 3075436
First, if you reset the Keystone adjustment, you can see that the picture is out of frame.
Second, please rotate two Foots on your projector floor to adjust the angle so that the screen is rectangular, not rhombus.
Push the third projector slightly into the wall and set the size of the picture slightly larger than the frame. Finally, you can have a perfect picture if you select and fine-tune the included in the Screen installation.

·
Registered
45 Posts
First, if you reset the Keystone adjustment, you can see that the picture is out of frame.
Second, please rotate two Foots on your projector floor to adjust the angle so that the screen is rectangular, not rhombus.
Push the third projector slightly into the wall and set the size of the picture slightly larger than the frame. Finally, you can have a perfect picture if you select and fine-tune the included in the Screen installation.
What is keystone adjustment?

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #628
Does everyone have CA on their unit or only some people's unit affected by this? Is it really that big of an issue?
I have only seen one lucky person post pictures without it so far. I have personally tried 2 projectors and you can zoom in on any number of pictures in this thread to judge for yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
50 Posts
Does everyone have CA on their unit or only some people's unit affected by this? Is it really that big of an issue?
It's visible on mine, but I can only see it if I get close to the screen.

Reactions: newtophoto

·
Registered
170 Posts
Just ordered a Lsp9t. It’s surprising that I still find no objective measurements in this thread. I should be able to post some measurements in a couple of weeks. I will also compare it to my other projectors, (Lcos, long throw, lamp based, completely different animals though). So the lsp9t won’t be a replacement of my current projector in my bat cave unless it’s super convincing, which I seriously doubt based on my impression on my previous laser DLP. It will be more like a bedroom projector to watch YouTubes or play casual games.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Thank you for all the replies. I have not used keystone correction. I’ll try to adjust the projector position again and retake some pics. It is a pity that such an expensive projector still has issues with CA but our options are limited right now until cheaper 3 laser true 4K projectors become available over the next 3-4 years. YOLO. Life’s too short to nitpick too much.

I’m happy overall with the projector.
I am having no issues with CA. But
I do not have CA. If I do it is completely unnoticeable from a foot or more away from the screen.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just ordered a Lsp9t. It’s surprising that I still find no objective measurements in this thread. I should be able to post some measurements in a couple of weeks. I will also compare it to my other projectors, (Lcos, long throw, lamp based, completely different animals though). So the lsp9t won’t be a replacement of my current projector in my bat cave unless it’s super convincing, which I seriously doubt based on my impression on my previous laser DLP. It will be more like a bedroom projector to watch YouTubes or play casual games.
May i ask what screen you will be using it on?

·
Registered
170 Posts
May i ask what screen you will be using it on?
My measurements will be taken on a reference white screen ST130G4 in a bat cave fully covered with triple black velvet, so it’s not a typical environment for UST pjs. But it’s to show the absolute performance of this projector when there is no other light or reflected light.
After that, the screen choice will depend on where I want to use it, my bat cave or my bedroom or my son’s “toy room”, I have not decided yet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So I went home last night and checked the projector settings again. Reset the picture completely. Aspect ratio is default at 16:9 which is what my screen is at.

I moved the projector around so that all the boundaries of the focus frame/screen adjustment frame are within the screen borders. I still see a significant amount of light bleed - see image below/attached where you can see that the top portion of the image is at least 1 inch below my screen and I can still see a significant amount of light bleed over it - there is bleed on the side too. I’ll keep playing with the position today

·
Registered
24 Posts
So I went home last night and checked the projector settings again. Reset the picture completely. Aspect ratio is default at 16:9 which is what my screen is at.
This is probably not the case but is the screen new or could there be some flex to it? Have you used that screen with other USTs and not noticed this before? Just trying to rule out if the screen could be causing it. Like I said probably not the case but worth checking.

·
Registered
30,248 Posts
I have only seen one lucky person post pictures without it so far. I have personally tried 2 projectors and you can zoom in on any number of pictures in this thread to judge for yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
From what Cine4home posted in their review, I think all of them have what appears to look like CA.

"Consistent sharpness is quickly achieved over the entire image, with one restriction: the very narrow-band spectral properties of the separate red, blue and green laser light sources show different optical refractions, which is why bright objects are surrounded by a light blue border."

But note that from viewing distance, it does not show up, so it depends where the picture was taken, not luck of the draw.

·
Registered
67 Posts

I moved the projector around so that all the boundaries of the focus frame/screen adjustment frame are within the screen borders. I still see a significant amount of light bleed - see image below/attached where you can see that the top portion of the image is at least 1 inch below my screen and I can still see a significant amount of light bleed over it - there is bleed on the side too. I’ll keep playing with the position today View attachment 3075806
It's the height of the cabinet/stand the projector is placed, and the width from the wall that matters the most when it comes to that. You can move it back and forth all day, but till the height/width is perfect some bleeding will remain unfortunately.

Check out the online manual, it shows a chart with exact measurements for the size of the sceen you have. It has a chart for 100-130" screen btw.

Dial that in, and your issues will go away.

·
Registered
LSP9T, Marantz SR6014, Klipsch Dolby Reference with HT1205
27 Posts

I moved the projector around so that all the boundaries of the focus frame/screen adjustment frame are within the screen borders. I still see a significant amount of light bleed - see image below/attached where you can see that the top portion of the image is at least 1 inch below my screen and I can still see a significant amount of light bleed over it - there is bleed on the side too. I’ll keep playing with the position today View attachment 3075806
I did a ton of adjustments. Honestly after a while i got used to living with the light leakage border. I mostly watch uhd/hd content and given i am like 9.5 feet from the screen, there is so much going on in the screen that the border issue fades out of my mind 😏

·
Registered
16 Posts
What do you mean by CA? Thanks
It stands for chromatic aberration, if you look close to the screen when it's displaying white text, you'll probably see a thin blue outline on the top, and red on the bottom.
I don't think it's an issue, unless you like to read lots of white text closer than three feet (a meter) from the screen.

621 - 640 of 694 Posts