AVS Forum banner

901 - 920 of 967 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
This was the was case for me, when first used the projector I actually got nauseous from the RBE, but after a few weeks I stopped seeing it. I found that animated movies have much less RBE and can help you get used to it (watch Into the Spiderverse in 4k, it's stunning).
I still have speckles but only only on large white areas or large areas of solid brighter colors, I wonder if a screen or calibration could fix it.
Yes its normal for RBE that it is perceived stronger in the beginning when you re not used to it. Well and it is of course also different depending on the content you watched.
I think a bit speckle is completely normal with triple laser projectors but do you also have it like some others here where you always habe such a grain in the image or is it just happening from time to time in brighter areas when a scene shows a movement?

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Hello guys.

I m considering this projector but for a fully treated room, does it work on a normal unity gain white surface without any annoying artifact ?

I will probably place it on top of my centre speaker.

Also has anyone measure the native contrast and calibrated lumens ? I cant find anywhere if it has any sort of dynamic dimming to improve contrast, there is all kind of misinformation on the web so i thought i would ask the owners directly.

Thank you

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hello guys.

I m considering this projector but for a fully treated room, does it work on a normal unity gain white surface without any annoying artifact ?

I will probably place it on top of my centre speaker.

Also has anyone measure the native contrast and calibrated lumens ? I cant find anywhere if it has any sort of dynamic dimming to improve contrast, there is all kind of misinformation on the web so i thought i would ask the owners directly.

Thank you
Native contrast around 2000:1 and calibrated brightness 2600 ANSI Lumens according to a German magazine.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Native contrast around 2000:1 and calibrated brightness 2600 ANSI Lumens according to a German magazine.
Any idea if it has a way to lower light output for a dedicated room?
Also i cant find a definitive answer if it has a dynamic dimming feature .

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yes its normal for RBE that it is perceived stronger in the beginning when you re not used to it. Well and it is of course also different depending on the content you watched.
I think a bit speckle is completely normal with triple laser projectors but do you also have it like some others here where you always habe such a grain in the image or is it just happening from time to time in brighter areas when a scene shows a movement?
The speckles I can see at viewing distance are only in large areas of solid white, or bright colors, so for general use it doesn't really matter. Motion doesn't cause speckles for me. I'm not able to get speckles to show up in pictures
, and I've read on cine4home that our eyes are partly responsible for seeing them. I'm projecting onto a bare white wall, and I'm under the impression the wall's surface and color makes it worse.

·
Registered
187 Posts
The speckles I can see at viewing distance are only in large areas of solid white, or bright colors, so for general use it doesn't really matter. Motion doesn't cause speckles for me. I'm not able to get speckles to show up in pictures View attachment 3107609 , and I've read on cine4home that our eyes are partly responsible for seeing them. I'm projecting onto a bare white wall, and I'm under the impression the wall's surface and color makes it worse.
Yeah, I see zero speckling there. That looks very clean.

Note, I did shoot the image against my pure white wall and saw essentially the same speckling as I did with my screen. I am really starting to question if there are different units with varying degrees of this.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Any idea if it has a way to lower light output for a dedicated room?
Also i cant find a definitive answer if it has a dynamic dimming feature .
Well in the standard settings not all modes have the same brightness/light output. The filmmaker mode is significantly darker than for example the dynamic mode. I think it also works fine in a dedicated room. Still the question would be if you would not be better of with a long throw projector...

In my tests I would say that the Samsung does not use any form of laser dimming.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yeah, I see zero speckling there. That looks very clean.

Note, I did shoot the image against my pure white wall and saw essentially the same speckling as I did with my screen. I am really starting to question if there are different units with varying degrees of this.
There definitely was speckles in person, I was trying to illustrate how it doesn't show up in pictures using my phone's camera. But it's a good depiction of the CA, you can see it if you zoom in, but not at normal size. Similar to normal viewing distance.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Well in the standard settings not all modes have the same brightness/light output. The filmmaker mode is significantly darker than for example the dynamic mode. I think it also works fine in a dedicated room. Still the question would be if you would not be better of with a long throw projector...

In my tests I would say that the Samsung does not use any form of laser dimming.
I cant think of any long throw projector who has 100% bt2020 and 2500 calibrated lumens.
I m into gaming too so i m intrigued by the high ligh output and extreem vibrant colora.
I do have other projectors for different content though

·
Registered
72 Posts
I cant think of any long throw projector who has 100% bt2020 and 2500 calibrated lumens.
I m into gaming too so i m intrigued by the high ligh output and extreem vibrant colora.
I do have other projectors for different content though
I am also a gamer and the colors look really stunning. Also the input lag is good. Even though there is of course long throw projectors with a lower input lag.
With the colors I agree. You ll have a hard time finding anything comparable. Black levels are better with DILA or SXRD options though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I have had an LSP9T with firmware 1402 for 3 weeks, which is currently the most up-to-date in Europe.

I previously had a Philips HDP2510 and have always been very satisfied with the picture. But I would not have believed that you can get so much out of the Lsp9t.

In the attachment a few pictures if someone is interested.

I have a dark basement room with a white Gain 1.0 screen with a 133 "image size. All around the screen I have black fleece (you can see it in the photos)

My impression: The black level of this projector is just as bad as that of the Philips. (Is probably the standard for projector) But the resolution, colors, etc. are uniquely beautiful and brilliant. I would never have believed that you can get so much out of here. Sure, I can live well with the black level in a dark room, I don't buy another screen, but everything else is a dream.

on the subject of speckle: You can see it especially with the color red. Especially with Super Mario, see pictures this is very pronounced. But I have to say, after a couple of weeks you won't notice it anymore. The eye gets used to it. Now I only see it when I go very close to the screen. Otherwise I'm about 3 meters away from the screen.

The brightness is enormous. When I play Nindento, I even leave the lights on in the room for the children. The LSP9T is more than bright enough.

In short, I am more than thrilled and can certainly recommend this projector to many people.

I'm a gamer too and I have to say that the input lag is just as good as with the old Philips and is not a problem for me or the children with any game

Sorry for the photo quality, unfortunately I don't have a camera or a high-end cell phone

Best regards
Baumi
DSC_0016.JPG
DSC_0017.JPG
DSC_0019.JPG
DSC_0022.JPG
DSC_0023.JPG
DSC_0024.JPG
DSC_0025.JPG
DSC_0029.JPG
DSC_0034.JPG
DSC_0043.JPG
DSC_0010.JPG
DSC_0013.JPG
DSC_0012.JPG
DSC_0016.JPG
DSC_0017.JPG
DSC_0019.JPG
DSC_0022.JPG
DSC_0023.JPG
DSC_0024.JPG
DSC_0025.JPG
DSC_0029.JPG
DSC_0034.JPG
DSC_0043.JPG
DSC_0016.JPG DSC_0017.JPG DSC_0019.JPG DSC_0022.JPG DSC_0023.JPG DSC_0024.JPG DSC_0025.JPG DSC_0029.JPG DSC_0034.JPG DSC_0043.JPG

·
Registered
701 Posts
Here is a good picture of different screen types, where you can see how some sparkles and some not. With those sparkly screens I can see how those would enhance the Laser Speckle even more.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Here is a good picture of different screen types, where you can see how some sparkles and some not. With those sparkly screens I can see how those would enhance the Laser Speckle even more.

Most sparkling screens are high contrast screens and should not be used with UST projectors on general cause they generate a hotspot in the lower middle.
Best is a CLR (Ceiling light reduction) Screen

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
The only thing keeping me from getting this projector is the CA issues everyone is experiencing.

·
Registered
21 Posts
baumi147 to my eye your setup looks very very good. Pure solid Colors.

Seams like we have a large variation of speckle. Some dont see anything, some see it in the reds, some see it all over the place. Is there a unit lottery going on?

Interesting regarding the red, thats the least bad color for me, its just that my setup dont like white, yellow, blue, purple :rolleyes:

Did play with Xbox Series X and Dirt 5, took some shots.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Maybe it makes sense to order just a tryout piece of a regular white 1.0 screen and hold it in front of the ALR screen on a position where you see the sparkle. If its the screen it should vanish then.
I am really not sure why it occurs. It was also written in most tests that the Samsung has this speckle in bright large areas.
Mine does not have it though. Dont have a clue why.
This actually reminded me that a have a really old white pull down Da-lite screen which I never use anymore, I tried projecting on it and the speckles were almost completely gone! I held up a white paper, and the speckles clearly show up on it, just like on the wall. Try holding a piece of white paper over your screen on the menus and let me know if you see speckles

·
Registered
72 Posts
This actually reminded me that a have a really old white pull down Da-lite screen which I never use anymore, I tried projecting on it and the speckles were almost completely gone! I held up a white paper, and the speckles clearly show up on it, just like on the wall. Try holding a piece of white paper over your screen on the menus and let me know if you see speckles
I just tried it with a white paper and also there i do not have this speckle or grain what we saw on some units in the menu.
I get the next dat a sample of the elitescreen clr and will check how it looks with that. Till now its impossible for me to reproduce this speckle/grain some have in the overall picture.

901 - 920 of 967 Posts