AVS Forum banner

921 - 940 of 967 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Here is the Attachments
Your projector really does not look ok. I do not think that this is speckle. It is all over the image...
I by the way tried out now also the Elitescreen CLR (with a sample). I also do not have the speckle or grain you have with that.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Is there a high altitude fan mode that you can turn off and on in the menu? I’m in Denver, over 5000 feet, and high-altitude mode is often offensively loud on projectors, so has anybody heard how much noise they make when in high altitudes?

·
Registered
4 Posts
My projector makes a very loud, uncomfortable operating noise. It makes a fairly high pitched sound.

I measure (with the Iphone) at least 42 Db directly on the device.

Is this volume normal?

·
Registered
72 Posts
My projector makes a very loud, uncomfortable operating noise. It makes a fairly high pitched sound.

I measure (with the Iphone) at least 42 Db directly on the device.

Is this volume normal?
Directly measured at the projector it shows 37DB on top and 36DB on both sides where the air flow goes in and out. Measured with an App. I have a highly pitched sound during startup but it almost completely vanishes after a few seconds.
Hard to tell if your sound is normal or not. Technical devices usually do not perform exactly the same in regards of fan noises, coil wine and so on.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Does anyone know if Samsung explicitly noted RBE improvements with their newer firmwares? Some users are posting that they see improvements, just curious if Samsung called this out, in release notes or something.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Does anyone game on this projector?
I do, I've used a Switch and a Series X with my projector, it's amazing. I personally don't have any issues with input lag, and I don't even use gaming mode. I've played through Super Mario Galaxy, Halo Reach, Gears of war 4, and in the middle of Gears 5 (single player campaigns).
The projector is pretty smart, it recognizes a Switch is plugged in and a Switch tile shows up in the home menu.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Does anyone know if Samsung explicitly noted RBE improvements with their newer firmwares? Some users are posting that they see improvements, just curious if Samsung called this out, in release notes or something.
I'm not aware of any release notes for any firmware updates so far.
Personally, I stopped seeing RBE before the latest update, but it took several weeks to adjust from my last projector, an Epson 5040UB.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I use it gaming with my PS4 (eventually PS5 whenever I can get my hands on one) and I love it. Automatically switches into game mode when I change the source to the PS4, and I have yet to experience any sort of noticeable lag. I am not a hardcore FPS gamer, (mostly MMO/RPG) but I do place some FPS and it all looks great to me. Combined with a 110" floor-rising ALR screen from VividStorm and I am loving the new set-up. Strongly recommend.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Quick question regarding projector screen installations. Are they easy to move? I want to get this soon, but also might move in a year or two. How much of a hassle is it to remove from the wall and reinstall?

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I use it gaming with my PS4 (eventually PS5 whenever I can get my hands on one) and I love it. Automatically switches into game mode when I change the source to the PS4, and I have yet to experience any sort of noticeable lag. I am not a hardcore FPS gamer, (mostly MMO/RPG) but I do place some FPS and it all looks great to me. Combined with a 110" floor-rising ALR screen from VividStorm and I am loving the new set-up. Strongly recommend.
Other than input lag, how does it look with gaming, with all that brightness it must look amazing, is CA visible on text while gaming ?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Other than input lag, how does it look with gaming, with all that brightness it must look amazing, is CA visible on text while gaming ?
Most people on this forum, myself included, don't see any CA at a normal distance.
Look at these pictures taken at different distances, the real close up one where you can see the pixles shows the CA from a few inches away, the "no signal" picture was a few feet away, CA is only visible when you zoom in, and the Xbox settings picture is from slightly farther. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #938 ·
Most people on this forum, myself included, don't see any CA at a normal distance.
Look at these pictures taken at different distances, the real close up one where you can see the pixles shows the CA from a few inches away, the "no signal" picture was a few feet away, CA is only visible when you zoom in, and the Xbox settings picture is from slightly farther. Hope this helps. View attachment 3115553 View attachment 3115555 View attachment 3115556
And to me... I see it in every one of these images including the white Microsoft shop logo. Kills me that a 4K projector of this caliber ends up blurring the text. Oddly, the closer No Signal sample looks a bit better here than the Xbox settings further away.

·
Registered
30 Posts
And to me... I see it in every one of these images including the white Microsoft shop logo. Kills me that a 4K projector of this caliber ends up blurring the text. Oddly, the closer No Signal sample looks a bit better here than the Xbox settings further away.
The shop logo is inches away from the camera and it's not cropped, so you're looking at pixles, if you can see that 10 feet away you'd be able to see a screen door effect. The other two images were taken at different times so the settings on the camera were different, they're also both cropped.

Here's a another close picture with the pixles slightly more focused, (it was taken on a phone, macro pictures aren't great), open it and zoom in, the CA is barely a pixles wide. This is invisible at even half the normal viewing distance.

·
Registered
21 Posts
d I don't even use gaming mode. I've played through Super Mario Galaxy, Halo Reach, Gears of war 4, and
Your projector really does not look ok. I do not think that this is speckle. It is all over the image...
I by the way tried out now also the Elitescreen CLR (with a sample). I also do not have the speckle or grain you have with that.
I have now a second Samsung unit in my house and can confirm that the new one doesnt have this grainy screen effect (missalignment of the lasers?) So the Vividstorm ALR was not at fault here. The new unit is WAY WAY better than the old unit, this is absolutely a fine picture, now I feel like its 4k resolution, very detailed picture without that grain, Im happy.

Now the new unit has a nasty unpleasent sounding noise instead. :cry:(n) The old one was whisper quite (no high pitch noise at all) Sad that Samsung quality control seams to be.... out of control. Sounds like some of you have got a unit with the same bad noise? My old unit has FNA in its serial the new one has FNB. Anyone with a serial of FNB that is normal noisy?

921 - 940 of 967 Posts