AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys since I didn't saw an official threat for this particular model I'm starting this one.

I just picked up mine at Best Buy in San Diego Ca, the model is a UN65JU7100.

Issues I notice right after I took the TV out of the Box
*WI-FI was not working=Fixed after I did a Factory Reset.
*Apps Like Netflix and Hulu are not available.
*There's no Firmware Update to enable this apps.

At the moment I very happy with this set I have a little clouding in the upper left corner, Blacks are very good from my perspective since I saw a couple of movies and in black areas looks like the tv was off.

For people who plan to use this model for PC Gaming or for PC use, I can confirm the TV support Full Chroma Color 4:4:4 at 4K @60Hz , I tested myself with a Nvidia SLI GTX970.

The frame color if grey and the finish is like brushed aluminium and is 0.5 Inch as you can see in the pictures.

it seems this model doesn't have Cinema Black option I looked for it and is not in the Picture settings

Please feel free to ask if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
308 Posts
Nice to see the Samsungs hitting stores already. Hopefully the 55JS8500 drops soon, I want to see that one in person along with a few others before pulling the trigger. I'll most likely be waiting for the first price drop anyways, but there's always a chance at an impulse buy.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice to see the Samsungs hitting stores already. Hopefully the 55JS8500 drops soon, I want to see that one in person along with a few others before pulling the trigger. I'll most likely be waiting for the first price drop anyways, but there's always a chance at an impulse buy.
Yeah i know I was waiting for the JS8500, but since I need a TV 60" or above it was out of my budget, the cost of this one was $3020Dlls after taxes, the JU7500 was $3000 plus taxes, and I assume the JS8500 is going to be more expensive and I asked to the Best Buy salesman and he didn't have a date for the JS8500, also the Samsung website still don't have price and it seems they just added to the website this week as a coming soon.

·
Banned
6,246 Posts
Can you take a pic of the front side of the box set came in..

·
Registered
17,447 Posts
That model is awesome, I regret so much to bought the F6400

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
It worked out for the better tho because at the time u saved money and now you have a tv that blows the f7100 out of the water!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well I play a little more with the settings, I took these

Movie mode
Backlight 13
Contrast 91
Brightness 45
Sharpness 20
Color 48
Dynamic Contrast Off
Black Tone Off
Flesh tone 0
Color space Native
Gamma 0
Color Tone Warm 2
Digital Clean Off
MPEG Noise Filter Off
Auto Motion Plus Off
Smart Led High

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It worked out for the better tho because at the time u saved money and now you have a tv that blows the f7100 out of the water!

Lol, the F7100 is a beautiful TV the frame is awesome super thin and the quality one of the best TVs I've ever saw, one thing I love about this set is in dark scenes looks like the tv is completely off

1 - 20 of 112 Posts