AVS Forum banner

6601 - 6620 of 10322 Posts

·
Registered
17,093 Posts
I would not go as far as saying speculation, the person that has posted this information has received it from a reliable source. I understand for 2014 owners this may be hard to chew but if it holds true it is what it is.
yes but this "reliable source" also assured him that the 2014 OCB upgrade didnt have any upgraded chips on the inside compared to the 2013 OCB the F9000 came with, and that is not true, the F9000 owners did their own comparisons last year when the new OCB came out, the original had an "F" chip, the new OCB had a "G"(golf chip). so there WAS an upgraded chip in there.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
yes but this "reliable source" also assured him that the 2014 OCB upgrade didnt have any upgraded chips on the inside compared to the 2013 OCB the F9000 came with, and that is not true, the F9000 owners did their own comparisons last year when the new OCB came out, the original had an "F" chip, the new OCB had a "G"(golf chip). so there WAS an upgraded chip in there.
It did have new chips but not for processing PQ. You guys are expecting Samsung to give you a new TV for 400.00 every year, sorry not going to happen.

Sugar Pill is all it has been in the past, It has been proven many times that people buy into the propaganda.

It is easy for Samsung to turn on some mysterious setting that makes one believe that are getting better PQ.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Unfortunately it will be much cleaner. I have tried my ps4 vs even my cheap bdt360 and it loses. More artifacts.
Really? A cheap player has a cleaner and better quality picture then the ps4? All I've had since I got the hu9000 was a ps4 so I dont have anything to compare it too. Would think a "next gen" system would have a better video quality then a blu-ray player. Well **** lol

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
It did have new chips but not for processing PQ. You guys are expecting Samsung to give you a new TV for 400.00 every year, sorry not going to happen.

Sugar Pill is all it has been in the past, It has been proven many times that people buy into the propaganda.

It is easy for Samsung to turn on some mysterious setting that makes one believe that are getting better PQ.
You are trying to sound like an expert here. So I assume you are 100 percent sure?

·
Registered
17,093 Posts

sorry, but im not buying that the GOLF CHIP that has the picture engine labeled on it does not have any impact whatsover on the picture processing. im not expecting a miraculous revolutionary change to the picture, but i bet theres a little bit of change. remember viper, this new OCB is not just for the HU/F9000, but it will also be hooked up tv tvs such as the 8550, that do not originally use an OCB, so the new box will override the "brains" inside of that tv with what is newly in the SEK-3500u. i forgot to ask mark how that part works.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
You are trying to sound like an expert here. So I assume you are 100 percent sure?
No I am not trying to sound anyway, but I am realistic and not someone that belives all the smoke that allot of companies attempt to blow up our a--. You can take it however you wish and believe whatever you like. Are you 100% I am not correct? I will venture to say you are not.

The point is if a company could upgrade and give you some type super powers for 400 bux every year they would not survive long.

Reactions: losservatore

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
No I am not trying to sound anyway, but I am realistic and not someone that belives all the smoke that allot of companies attempt to blow up our a--. You can take it however you wish and believe whatever you like. Are you 100% I am not correct? I will venture to say you are not.

The point is if a company could upgrade and give you some type super powers for 400 bux every year they would not survive long.
So you answer a question with a question. I would say you should reserve your comments to more of a unsure position because you don't know.

The owners of the F9000 who upgraded to the SEK2500 seem to have seen an improvement. Some come through here.

So it already has been improving pictures of older sets to upgrade to last year's ocb.

Like I said you don't know. Bottom line.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Like I have stated many times, going to be tough to chew for some of you.

You don't know either, so maybe you should also reserve your opinion to a unsure position, BOTTOM LINE as you call it ;)

It is always funny to see people defend the purchases they make ;)

Got to love the clinical trials that Samsung is playing with previous buyers for sure.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
I hope that is the camera that is making it look that bad.

·
Registered
792 Posts
[U said:
Shopping Guru][/U]As for my PQ imprsssions, First this TV must be calibrated. its great until you watch something with a lot of dark scenes. The backlight goes insane. There are like 4 horizontal backlight bands and it can't decide or keep up with what should turn on and off. So it looks like it is flickering. Some scenes get so dark that the TV turns the backlight off completely. To me this is an epic fail and i did not notice in store despite all my testing. On TV shows via my Tivo the blacks are not inky.[/QUTE]
[U said:
Does anyone has this problem?

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Like I have stated many times, going to be tough to chew for some of you.

You don't know either, so maybe you should also reserve your opinion to a unsure position, BOTTOM LINE as you call it

It is always funny to see people defend the purchases they make

Got to love the clinical trials that Samsung is playing with previous buyers for sure.
You have said you have RECENTLY purchased - 2 x900b, 3 hu9000, 2 js9000, and now an LG oled.

you would know right. Wink el winko buddy.

·
Registered
17,093 Posts
[U said:
Shopping Guru][/U]As for my PQ imprsssions, First this TV must be calibrated. its great until you watch something with a lot of dark scenes. The backlight goes insane. There are like 4 horizontal backlight bands and it can't decide or keep up with what should turn on and off. So it looks like it is flickering. Some scenes get so dark that the TV turns the backlight off completely. To me this is an epic fail and i did not notice in store despite all my testing. On TV shows via my Tivo the blacks are not inky.[/QUTE]
[U said:
Does anyone has this problem?

This is describing the hu9000?? That issue doesn't pertain to this tv. This sounds like the issue my 2013 samsung f7100 had. It had some horrible dimming gimmick that was not only not adjustable and stayed on all the time, when when a dark scene showed on screen, the ENTIRE screen would dim Down so low you could barely see anything. It wasn't even real dimming just some gimmick that automatically dropped the backlight to like 0.

·
Premium Member
2,517 Posts
From the looks of your pics your flesh tones looks perfect as well. Would like to try some of your settings. I will try dynamic on low once I get home.
Yes, flesh tones are also spot-on. I was quite surprised; when I took the pictures with my 13MP camera on my Note3, a lot of the details I was seeing on-screen was lost (you could see pores on the girls' faces). I was hesitant to post them, knowing the site would down convert the images even more, but it actually shows how lifelike the TV really looks; almost like I took the pictures through a window.

I remembered what I did; I started with the CNET custom color settings, then I dialed in the brightness and contrast using the AVSHD709 files on a USB, then I used a blue filter out of the DV Essentials Blu-ray disk, along with some other AVSHD709 patterns to tweak the main color setting. I'm currently at Gamma -1, and I'll need to get the rest in a little bit.

·
Registered
792 Posts
I hope that is the camera that is making it look that bad.

This is describing the hu9000?? That issue doesn't pertain to this tv. This sounds like the issue my 2013 samsung f7100 had. It had some horrible dimming gimmick that was not only not adjustable and stayed on all the time, when when a dark scene showed on screen, the ENTIRE screen would dim Down so low you could barely see anything. It wasn't even real dimming just some gimmick that automatically dropped the backlight to like 0.
yes he was talking about the HU9000, the Quote came from a aamazon review...

·
Registered
17,093 Posts
OK everyone. I am going to summarize what we have learned here the past few days,and month. So pay attention.

This is all straight from samsung, so you know its legit.

List of things that improve picture quality of the tv:

1. Firmware Updates.

Ok, now that we've got all that out of the way(and my fingers are cramped from typing so much), lets move to things that DO NOT increase picture quality in any way.

1. Getting a completely new Operating System that uses new methods of ways to doing things including controlling picture settings

2. bigger and more efficient processor that controls new operating system

3. new 2015 "H" chip that does scaling and decoding

well that about wraps it up. hope none of you are confused as to how this all works and dont question any of it :)

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
You have said you have RECENTLY purchased - 2 x900b, 3 hu9000, 2 js9000, and now an LG oled.

you would know right. Wink el winko buddy.
You are still invited to come by and see them if you like. Nothing to hide here. While you are here I can show you the receipts for all also.

Let me know when you are coming I will make plans to accomodate : wink

But to clear things up, in my house at this very moment is a 55" LG OLED, and the 65" 900b, also have a older Vizio 55", the JS9000 is not here at the moment as I did not accept the replacements sent.

I had 2 900b/ 1 sold, also had a pf8500 Samsung Plasma sold, returned a 7250, hu9000, 6840 Samsung.

I am sorry that I did not like the hu9000 with all the motion issues it had, I could not live with that. The JS9000 improved that greatly.

So you message me I will send you details and then you can view for yourself.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
OK everyone. I am going to summarize what we have learned here the past few days,and month. So pay attention.

1. Firmware Updates.

Ok, now that we've got all that out of the way(and my fingers are cramped from typing so much), lets move to things that DO NOT increase picture quality in any way.

1. Getting a completely new Operating System that uses new methods of ways to doing things including controlling picture settings

well that about wraps it up. hope none of you are confused as to how this all works and dont question any of it :)
Well I guess we don't need to spend our money on the 2015 OCB! But again the final verdict will be when one of us purchases it and does a good objective review. Then the smoke will clear and we will know for sure.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts

1. Firmware Updates.

well that about wraps it up. hope none of you are confused as to how this all works and dont question any of it
Well I guess we don't need to spend our money on the 2015 OCB! But again the final verdict will be when one of us purchases it and does a good objective review. Then the smoke will clear and we will know for sure.
You can't firmware update the vp9 into youtube. You need a 2015 ocb. I guess the whole rant just went down the hole.

If this were true Samsung could just add features to existing chips. Using firmware.

Ghosting and pixel at ion algorithm is completely controlled through the sets brain.

Better brain will offer a cleaner picture.

Maybe Samsung could just send code to fix it. They won't so guess you need the 2015 ocb to get that wonderful vimeo quality from the rest of your apps.

Also 99 percent of what you watch will still be up converted for years.

The panel is not handling that.

But I do agree we could see improvement within the current limitations of the chip inside the panel. E.g an update could help how the set controls it's zones.

But when and where to light those zones still is being sent from the ocb. The brains.

Again I I'm implore you to read what improved for the f9000 owners.

Or not. Don't buy it and don't worry about it. You spent 4k on a 4k. Clearly 400 is asking too much for some.

I easily could of bought the Sony and been happy. But I would be stuck in 2014 with that set.

You also get better picture from better sources like a STB. So if those external sources effect the picture that means you can effect the picture by feeding a better source.

So I would think when f9000 owners hooked up the 2014 ocb they were treated to processors that handle up scaling much cleaner.

Read it.

·
Registered
6,275 Posts
lets move to things that DO NOT increase picture quality in any way.

Hard to understand how the quality of "scaling" does not affect the picture quality. It's the upconversion of 480, 720, or 1080 resolutions to the native 2160 of the display. Improve that process (sharpness and reduced noise) and you improve all input resolutions except for 4K.

6601 - 6620 of 10322 Posts