AVS Forum banner

7721 - 7740 of 10305 Posts

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
your 100% wrong. go to the sek3500 thread, i just posted some videos/pictures i took comparing the HDR on the JS9000 and HU9000.
Ray, I would like to be wrong, believe me, but as another poster mentioned, there should be an HDR badge on the Amazon programs that have been running in HDR. There isn't any on the HU9000. but apparently they show up on the JS series. So how do we square that?

Reactions: korsjs

·
Registered
17,091 Posts
Ray, I would like to be wrong, believe me, but as another poster mentioned, there should be an HDR badge on the Amazon programs that have been running in HDR. There isn't any on the HU9000. but apparently they show up on the JS series. So how do we square that?

who said this? because im pretty sure that RlB said there was no visual HDR badge when he watched it on his JS9500.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Make sure that everyone is running the latest firmware 1217.4 also the latest version of the Amazon Instant Video App as well looks like they pushed out a update for it just yesterday..

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
who said this? because im pretty sure that RlB said there was no visual HDR badge when he watched it on his JS9500.
Take a look at post 7730 by benwaggoner(sp?)

Also,if you don't have Amazon, how can you make a judgment?

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
Make sure that everyone is running the latest firmware 1217.4 also the latest version of the Amazon Instant Video App as well looks like they pushed out a update for it just yesterday..
If they had an update, there doesn't seem to be a way to update their app.

·
Registered
17,091 Posts

well he needs to post a picture of what hes talking about because maybe your missing it? RlB didnt see the HDR badge either, so maybe and him were looking in the wrong spot?

other js8500 owners said the amazon HDR show didnt look all that great. so i think its just low quality.

heres me today comparing HDR on the JS9000 and then on the HU9000, they look almost exactly the same besides for the JS9000 being brighter. put them both in 1080P resolution and tell me 1 is HDR and 1 isnt. theyre basically the same.

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
M-GO beta 4k UHD is back, but it still plays in just HD. They still haven't fixed it.

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
im watching it right now. i thought you deleted your exodus HDR movie? you need to redownload it so you can watch it.
Are you watching it in UHD? I also have Life of PI, but it only plays in HD

·
Registered
17,091 Posts
yep ive been taking videos and pictures of the HDR exodus. Did you do the full download of life of pi or did you try downloading it when it was broken? i tried doing that and it never downloaded correctly, had to have them refund me.

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
yep ive been taking videos and pictures of the HDR exodus. Did you do the full download of life of pi or did you try downloading it when it was broken? i tried doing that and it never downloaded correctly, had to have them refund me.
I'm downloading it again,but when I tried to play it from the M-GO app, and it said 'play in UHD.' all I got was HD. I'm ready to give up on M-GO for awhile if the LofP doesn't work from my UHD pack.

·
Registered
17,091 Posts
I'm downloading it again,but when I tried to play it from the M-GO app, and it said 'play in UHD.' all I got was HD. I'm ready to give up on M-GO for awhile if the LofP doesn't work from my UHD pack.
yep mine did the same thing but since i tried to download it when it was broken it didnt download correctly. at least you have really fast internet, took me 10 hours to download mine.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Would there be any compatibility issues using my HU9000 with one of Samsung's J series soundbars?

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
Anyone know when Samsung will be selling the new UHD pack with the Life of PI HDR on it for the 78HU9000?
I think @ray0414 had said Amazon is playing Mozart of the Jungle in UHD HDR. I tried it and don't see any indication that it says HDR anywhere. It's a nice UHD picture, but I'm wondering if the HU9000 with the new 3500 OCB really gives us HDR. What I'm watching, I really can't tell. Maybe we get HDR lite, lite, lite.

Has anyone else checked this out? And do you think it really is HDR?
I'm just not sure if I'm watching HDR or not. I thiNk you can get a form of HDR, but it would not be as good as a set that had 800 nits vs 400 nits. But I'm not sure I was watching M of the J in HDR.
Crank which settings, Ray. Color brightness, backlight etc? Are you using dynamic mode? I'm beginning to wonder if HDR on the HU9000 with the new OCB is illusionary.
I don't see anything that says HDR, on either Red Oaks pilot or Mozart. I have the latest HU9000 FW and, I assume the latest Amazon app. Maybe it only works on JS TVs. I don't see any HDR badge on my set. @ray0414
My best guess is that the new OCB isn't giving the HU9000 series HDR. Very disappointing. @rib

If they had an update, there doesn't seem to be a way to update their app.
M-GO beta 4k UHD is back, but it still plays in just HD. They still haven't fixed it.
Considering that the HU9000 requires the SEK-3500U Evo Kit to play HDR files, I am perplexed as to why posts on the topic have suddenly begun filling up this thread with mentions to subscribers of that thread such as @ray0414 and @rlb attempting to drag them over here to discuss and debate the topic.

Posting on the subject of High Dynamic Range (HDR) on this thread may confuse future readers into thinking that this is something that should be available to them on the stock HU9000 series who's One Connect Box does not have the appropriate hardware to process the metadata of HDR encoded content like the SEK-3500U does.

For those that aren't aware, here is the on-topic thread...

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lcd-flat-panel-displays/1990706-2015-samsung-sek-3500u-za-evolution-kit-51.html#post34625097

·
Registered
538 Posts
Hi All,
Might be picking up a 55"HU9000 this afternoon and want to verify that they have Samsung panels as indicated on side of box? THX! Looks like a great set and hopefully the curve will grow on the wife & I! :)

Also, Ive heard conflicting reports that these sets do & do not play well with Directv RVU, True or False?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hi All,
Might be picking up a 55"HU9000 this afternoon and want to verify that they have Samsung panels as indicated on side of box? THX! Looks like a great set and hopefully the curve will grow on the wife & I! :)
If would not be too worried about the panel... just make sur eyou like the TV, don't habe bleeding, clouding, etc..

Samsung panels are TS01 and US02 for the HU9000, at least for 65"

·
Registered
125 Posts
A little off-topic but do you guys have LED Home Theater Accent Lighting Kit?

Also, wherw did you buy it and do you think it is worth it? Please post the links (I think one of you recommended one in amazon...)

·
Registered
538 Posts
A little off-topic but do you guys have LED Home Theater Accent Lighting Kit?

Also, wherw did you buy it and do you think it is worth it? Please post the links (I think one of you recommended one in amazon...)
a

Bias lighting kit? If so, I got mine at IKEA and have seen them at Frys Electronics, they really make a differnce in P/Q to me!

·
Registered
10,528 Posts
Hi All,

Also, Ive heard conflicting reports that these sets do & do not play well with Directv RVU, True or False?
Supposedly, ALL 9000s are 10 bit and Samsung Panels. Now, as the prices dropped, is this still the case? Latest versions were US02s.

Reactions: ingramba

·
Registered
125 Posts
a

Bias lighting kit? If so, I got mine at IKEA and have seen them at Frys Electronics, they really make a differnce in P/Q to me!
That's true, i remember, from ikea! So it really makes a difference for you? Do you watch in a super dark environment?

Which one do you use? Since there are several options...

7721 - 7740 of 10305 Posts