AVS Forum banner

10301 - 10320 of 10322 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good day all, I am hoping that I'm posting this in the right place. I have a UN65HU9000FXZA with the SEK-3500U/ZA. Within the last week on intial power up I get the logo and then displays whatever is on the selected input. After about a minute being on the screen goes black and no audio. Remote function is normal, as I can get a menu, input menu and smart hub. When I change to another input it works fine. When I change back to the orginal input everything displays normally, video and audio. On any input on power up has the same result, and have to change the input again everything is normal. The entire time the TV is on the problem never happens again. Thank you for any help and have a good day.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Good day all, I am hoping that I'm posting this in the right place. I have a UN65HU9000FXZA with the SEK-3500U/ZA. Within the last week on intial power up I get the logo and then displays whatever is on the selected input. After about a minute being on the screen goes black and no audio. Remote function is normal, as I can get a menu, input menu and smart hub. When I change to another input it works fine. When I change back to the orginal input everything displays normally, video and audio. On any input on power up has the same result, and have to change the input again everything is normal. The entire time the TV is on the problem never happens again. Thank you for any help and have a good day.
Is it possible that there is a mismatch in the HDMI -CEC between your device and the TV. Try turning this off for both the TV and your HDMI devices.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is it possible that there is a mismatch in the HDMI -CEC between your device and the TV. Try turning this off for both the TV and your HDMI devices.
Couldn't see the device that was causing the problem, so I disconnected all the devices on the onc connect and re-reconneted and it seem to fix the problem. Thank you for the help.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Howdy!

I am upgrading my 77" HU9000 with an 85" q90t. I want to sell my old tv with the sek-3500 box, but I have no clue how to value it. It works great, no issues, still have box etc.

Suggestions?

Thanks!

Alex

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Howdy!

I am upgrading my 77" HU9000 with an 85" q90t. I want to sell my old tv with the sek-3500 box, but I have no clue how to value it. It works great, no issues, still have box etc.

Suggestions?

Thanks!

Alex

You might want to refer to this post on the SEK-3500 thread that provides a link to Adpost, a site on the internet selling used products...

Here are a few in the Toronto (Ontario) area that you might want to use as a baseline for establishing an asking price while keeping in mind your average Joe has no idea the difference between TV models or what an SEK-3500 is so you might want to sell the TV separately at a reduced price and sell the Evo Kit on eBay.

Samsung UN65HU8550 65-Inch 4K Ultra 3D Smart LED TV
Panel Size: 65 inch
$446

Samsung UHD 4K HU9000 Series Curved Smart TV
Panel Size: Not shown
$413

Samsung UHD 4K HU8550 Series Smart TV
Panel Size: Not shown
$524

Samsung 4K UHD JU7100 Series Smart TV - 75" Class (74.5" Diag.)
Panel Size: 75”
$555

SAMSUNG UA88JS9900JXXZ 88 inch WIFI 4 k surface LED LCD TV
Panel Size: 88”
$843

Samsung UN75KS9000 4K Ultra HD TV with HDR
Panel Size: 75”
$950

Note: All of these appear to be marketed by a couple of sellers with similar names (zhen le & zhen hao) who's descriptions don't match the product being advertised so it might make it appear misleading to some that this is NEW equipment and at least one of these, the UA88JS9900JXXZ, was never marketed in Canada so, as always, to anyone reading this post caveat emptor.

Many, many, many more brands and models to choose from all across Canada at Adpost.com by just changing the parameters at the top of their search page.

By clicking on their home page it would there are a number of different countries that Adpost represents and since all of them appear to show the pricing in the local currency I would assume the same goes for Canada and the prices shown above are in CAD dollars but you might want to confirm this.

Let us know how you make out. :)

As mentioned, selling the SEK-3500 separately on eBay oftentimes can fetch over $400 alone!

·
Registered
198 Posts
hopefully this can have a quick easy answer. My brother and I both bought the 55 in version at the same time long ago. I've upgraded mine with the sek3500 box and have my original one connect shelved. His tv recently went black screen, and he purchased a new set. My question is will my one connect box connect up and run his old panel? I vaguely remember having to save some settings or something before doing the upgrade to the 3500 so I'm not sure if my original box is married to my panel or not. I hope my question makes sense.

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
hopefully this can have a quick easy answer. My brother and I both bought the 55 in version at the same time long ago. I've upgraded mine with the sek3500 box and have my original one connect shelved. His tv recently went black screen, and he purchased a new set. My question is will my one connect box connect up and run his old panel? I vaguely remember having to save some settings or something before doing the upgrade to the 3500 so I'm not sure if my original box is married to my panel or not. I hope my question makes sense.
The original One Connect Boxes for the HU9000 are not married to the screen nor do you have to do anything n the way of an install process.

i have first hand experience with this. When I bought my HU9000 back in 2014 I had a case where I wanted to test out my settings with the store’s model so we temporarily traded boxes and plugged them in and everything worked without issue.

Something to keep in mind if something ever goes wrong with your SEK-3500 you will need an original HU9000 One Connect Box to do an install of a replacement SEK-3500.

One more thing, your brother’s black screen may have nothing to do with the One Connect Box and could be as a result of a board located inside the TV or the panel itself.

Cheers 🍻

·
Registered
4 Posts
The OCB on my set died (TV UN65HU9000FXZA, OCB BN91-13495M) so I'm looking to replace it (please save me the lecture on buying a new TV instead, this is the easiest option for my situation :)). Plugging in my TV model number on a Samsung parts site (link) it looks like there's a couple different OCB part numbers, but only one of them is still for sale (BN94-07655D) new. Is it safe to broaden my search (e.g. used from eBay) and buy any one of these or is it strongly recommended to only get the exact replacement?
  • BN94-07754S
  • BN94-07655M
  • BN91-13495M
  • BN94-07655D
  • BN91-13491K
  • BN94-07652Q
I only found one other reference to this in this thread where someone presumed they're interchangeable but I'm hoping to get additional confirmation:

My 65HU9000, delivered the day before Thanksgiving, is also a Version US02 with a Mfg. date of November 2014. My One Connect Box is a BN91-13495M, though I expect them all to be interchangeable. I am very satisfied with black levels and screen uniformity.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
If you could find a helpful someone on this forum in your general location with a working original one connect, maybe they could help you do the backup and then you could get a new or used SEK-3500 working with your set.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you could find a helpful someone on this forum in your general location with a working original one connect, maybe they could help you do the backup and then you could get a new or used SEK-3500 working with your set.
I love the creative thinking, so thank you for the suggestion!

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
The OCB on my set died (TV UN65HU9000FXZA, OCB BN91-13495M) so I'm looking to replace it (please save me the lecture on buying a new TV instead, this is the easiest option for my situation :)). Plugging in my TV model number on a Samsung parts site (link) it looks like there's a couple different OCB part numbers, but only one of them is still for sale (BN94-07655M) new. Is it safe to broaden my search (e.g. used from eBay) and buy any one of these or is it strongly recommended to only get the exact replacement?
  • BN94-07754S
  • BN94-07655M
  • BN91-13495M
  • BN94-07754S
  • BN91-13491K
I only found one other reference to this in this thread where someone presumed they're interchangeable but I'm hoping to get additional confirmation:
Just in case you weren’t aware, in your post you provided a link to the BN94-07655M yet that link took us to the BN94-07655D.

As for original OCB’s for the HU9000 being interchangeable, who knows since the parts site lists the following for my UN78HU9000FXZA...
  • BN91-13492V
  • BN94-07755B
  • BN94-07765G
...yet the decal on the rear of my original One Connect Box says it is a BN94-07655F as shown below.

But I was successful finding the original OCB for my TV as a special order on Samsung Canada’s website for a whopping $932.27 CAD.

But after a little more hunting around I was successful finding the same one for my UN78HU9000 on the TVserviceParts website for a more respectable $329.80 USD..... again, apparently only available as a special order. And once more I was able to find a match on eBay (used) where the current bid is at $102.50 USD.

If it were me, I would want some assurance that you can return the part just in case it wasn’t the OCB that died after all and was something else causing the issue (e.g. board inside TV; panel; etc.).

Another alternative is to have an Authorized Samsung Repair facility look after fixing it then they can diagnose exactly what it is and perhaps source the part(s) themselves.

Reactions: galonzo

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
do an evolutionary kit backup and try to find an SEK-3500U to replace the one connect box
AFAIK the only easily repaired (and most likely for a problem) part inside any OCB is the fan.
I've never had mine apart but if you search the SEK3500 Thread here, you will see many illustrated posts on simple disassemble and clean or replace that fan, there are even links to get new fans for <$40.

While in there, clean contacts (alcohol solvent ?) and look for any solder breaks or swollen or overheated appearance on capacitor's or resistors,

As I recall, one of your four HDMI's was HML and one could feed audio into a AVR (alternative would ideally be the optic cable port). And an AVR with many HDMI inputs would just need to use one HDMI to feed the TV. Lacking that, the 'component' plus 'optical' would be a second choice.

An advantage of investing in an AVR over a SEK-3500 is future usability with replacement TV's. :cool:
Art

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Hardware Repairs Should Be Referred to a Samsung Authorized Repair Center

Kind of a rehash of your post from 6 month ago as shown below when only 2 out of 4 HDMI ports were working...

2014 Samsung TV, SEK-2500u Evolution kit HDMI ports not working

hello,

I have Samsung 65HU9000 curved TV, bought back in 2014.
recently I noticed that the HDMI ports 1 & 2 stopped functioning on the EVO Kit SEK-2500U
I tried disassembling and cleaning dust, used cotton buds with a bit of alcohol to clear out the dirt stuck inside, still not working,

the problem is that I am worried the device itself needs to be replaced because the replacement part is very rare to find and if found it is used and extremely overpriced
so it's either I find a fix, or just keep working on ports 3 & 4 and give up on the others.

I wish someone could help because this has been stressing me out.

thanks
After @pilotart‘s initial reply in post 10296 where he mentioned the known fan issue, you volunteered you had also been having the fan issue and asked about re-soldering the HDMI ports and, something I have never heard of, blow drying chips that you “read somewhere”...

thanks for the quick reply.
I am pretty sure the one I have is the SEK-2500 not the 3500 and my TV model is UA65HU9000 to be exact and there's no HDR.. I do also have this fan issue, usually pops a warning that the fan isn't spinning but I fix it by unplugging the TV from power for a few seconds and re-plugging it. and yes I am concerned about the remaining HDMI ports, I am afraid the TV will be useless sometime in the future unless I buy an overly expensive EVO kit.

I've read somewhere that re-soldering the HDMI parts can work (however that was a totally different TV), and blow drying the chip may also help.. what do you think?
Unless somebody has experience working on televisions where one false move can have you bricking your TV... or worse, electrocuting yourself, hardware repairs should be left to an authorized repair center.

After some additional assistance by @pilotart in post 10298 suggesting that you replace the fan before any more HDMI ports are affected, along with myself in post 10299 providing my experience with the known fan issue where I offered a number of suggestions as follows but we never heard back...
  • if you haven’t done so yet try a Menu > Self Diagnosis > Reset
  • take it into a authorized Samsung repair shop (or mess around with it yourself with inherent risks)
  • run everything through a Receiver so you would only need to use the ARC HDMI port or the MHL port with optical audio
  • purchase an external switch but make sure it passes 4K high bandwidth signal but these are not always reliable
  • upgrade to an SEK-3500 but these have gotten prohibitively expensive especially when you consider the age of your 2014 HU television and the advances made in the last 6 years
  • or if you get that fan fixed, attach an SEK-4500 to your original One Connect Box as @pilotart suggested that will add additional useable HDMI ports to your setup but not all the features that the SEK-3500 brought to the HU series
So here we are 6 months later and, as predicted, you are now reporting that only 1 HDMI port is working and asking the same questions as shown below with additional input from @poppagene and @pilotart in post 10313 and post 10314 offering similar suggestions as before.

3 out of the 4 HDMI ports are dead, does anyone know what causes that, and how to fix it
Perhaps it is related to the over-heating (fan) issue raised 6 months ago.

·
Registered
10,570 Posts
For those that like to keep the original set up to date, 1410.0 now available for the HU9000 20-09-28

NOTE ! Samsung will trick you on this one

File downloaded is T-GFP9AKUC.ZIP - This extracts to T-GFP9KUC > T-GFP9AKUC > T-GFP9AKUC > Image Folder and Info.txt. The Image Folder and info.txt need to be moved up to under the first T-GFP9AKUC in order to work.

·
Registered
10,570 Posts
Haven't seen the last FW update listed anywhere:

FW Explanations:

2014 TVs (Series H)

Update version 1410.0 - November 2019

• Internet connection optimization.
Update version 2900.0 - March 2020

• Adaptation of the terms and conditions.
  • Optimization of the server queries.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey there. So, I've have the UN78HU9000 since it came out. Anyway, I had purchased the SEK-3500U Evo Kit and just never got around to installing. I recently moved so I thought now would be an opportune time to "upgrade" to the 3500. By the way - that was a rather unnerving process with the blank screens and the long wait for the backup etc. It all finished and came back up - tv then did a couple of Updates so I think it's running at the latest Version. Unfortunately, I made an assumption that the UHD Evo Kit Backup was backing up all of my picture settings - apparently not. So my question, (and I do know that settings from one tv may/will vary from set to set) however, I used settings that I got from the forum back in 14 or 15 that worked well for me. In saying all of that, is there a defacto set of "best picture settings / guidelines" that someone could post or direct me to? I've searched through the forum but cannot find them and with this thread being 516 pages, I wanted to ask in case someone would be so kind as to share.

Also, two more questions. Did I do a good thing by upgrading to the 3500 Evo Kit? I at least can now connect my 4K player and watch via hdmi in actual 4K. And finally, has anyone noticed that streaming 4K from Amazon no longer seems to work? Every UHD movie or series I go to play from Amazon (and yes, I'm selecting the 4K / UHD version), but now, they're always only streaming in 1080. 4K streaming works good from Netflix - I get HDR from VUDU but no longer from Amazon. That was another reason why I bit the bullet and upgraded to the 3500 thinking that maybe that would get it back but unfortunately, it didn't.

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Hey there. So, I've have the UN78HU9000 since it came out. Anyway, I had purchased the SEK-3500U Evo Kit and just never got around to installing. I recently moved so I thought now would be an opportune time to "upgrade" to the 3500. By the way - that was a rather unnerving process with the blank screens and the long wait for the backup etc. It all finished and came back up - tv then did a couple of Updates so I think it's running at the latest Version. Unfortunately, I made an assumption that the UHD Evo Kit Backup was backing up all of my picture settings - apparently not. So my question, (and I do know that settings from one tv may/will vary from set to set) however, I used settings that I got from the forum back in 14 or 15 that worked well for me. In saying all of that, is there a defacto set of "best picture settings / guidelines" that someone could post or direct me to? I've searched through the forum but cannot find them and with this thread being 516 pages, I wanted to ask in case someone would be so kind as to share.

Also, two more questions. Did I do a good thing by upgrading to the 3500 Evo Kit? I at least can now connect my 4K player and watch via hdmi in actual 4K. And finally, has anyone noticed that streaming 4K from Amazon no longer seems to work? Every UHD movie or series I go to play from Amazon (and yes, I'm selecting the 4K / UHD version), but now, they're always only streaming in 1080. 4K streaming works good from Netflix - I get HDR from VUDU but no longer from Amazon. That was another reason why I bit the bullet and upgraded to the 3500 thinking that maybe that would get it back but unfortunately, it didn't.
Please see reply here...

2015 Samsung SEK-3500U/ZA Evolution Kit

·
Registered
1,632 Posts

The SEK-3500U is a useful upgrade. Amazon 4K doesn;t seem to be working on this anymore. Netflix and Vudu 4K work.

Added: You can turn off the set and unplug the sek-3500
. When you turn it on, your old settings will still be there for you to copy if you wish.

10301 - 10320 of 10322 Posts