AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 285 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'm taking a look at this and the F8000 (as well as the F8500 plasma).

Aside from the "lower" clear motion rate and the different micro dimming (pro vs ultimate precision black), is there any other difference that I'm not aware of?

Is it worth another $300 to go up to the F8000?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Got mine yesterday. So far, it looks good - the only adjustment that I made was to set the picture to movie mode and lower the back light about 3 clicks.

I am having a problem, though. When I try to play a movie off of my hard drive on the network, I can get into the directories, see the titles, but when I try to start the movie, the screen says "loading" and never starts. I've tried several movie files all with different formats (MKV, MP4, AVI, etc) but non of them play. This is a major problem. These files all play fine going thru the Sony streamer attached to my old Sharp 37" in the bedroom.

Should I address this question to another forum?

·
Registered
15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by seyclone  /t/1468295/official-samsung-unxxf7500-owners-thread#post_23247502

Got mine yesterday. So far, it looks good - the only adjustment that I made was to set the picture to movie mode and lower the back light about 3 clicks.

I am having a problem, though. When I try to play a movie off of my hard drive on the network, I can get into the directories, see the titles, but when I try to start the movie, the screen says "loading" and never starts. I've tried several movie files all with different formats (MKV, MP4, AVI, etc) but non of them play. This is a major problem. These files all play fine going thru the Sony streamer attached to my old Sharp 37" in the bedroom.

I moved the hard drive upstairs to the media room and hooked it up the the USB port on the TV. Everything worked just fine - A 3D 1080P copy of Avatar came up and popped into 3D in about 2 seconds - looks awesome. So, it looks like the problem is a compatibility issue between my Router's USB/DLNA port and the Samsung TV. Any ideas anyone?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Quick question..recently my Samsung55d7000 stop working and I just got a called from geek squad telling me that I qualify to get a new tv since they couldn't fix it..and I'm pretty sure when I bought this tv 2 years ago the best buy guy told me that with the geek squad protection was that if they couldn't fix it I would get the newest model of that year..so looks like I would be getting this years model..I'm just unsure if its gonna be this one or the f8000 model I think it's gonna be this model just wanted to ask if ya would know just don't want to get psyched about getting the f8000 ..

·
Registered
15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by seyclone  /t/1468295/official-samsung-unxxf7500-owners-thread#post_23247689

I moved the hard drive upstairs to the media room and hooked it up the the USB port on the TV. Everything worked just fine - A 3D 1080P copy of Avatar came up and popped into 3D in about 2 seconds - looks awesome. So, it looks like the problem is a compatibility issue between my Router's USB/DLNA port and the Samsung TV. Any ideas anyone?

I was over at Costco this afternoon and they have A Sony BDP-BX510 3D Blueray player for $120.00. I need to get one anyway. This might be the solution to my DLNA problem. Sony products handle the interface well. I'll just use the DVD player to pull in the videos off of the hard drive attached to the router. This could save a lot of hours of questions and messing around with configurations.

I'll keep everybody posted - (that is, if anybody is interested).

·
Registered
15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RawisTheGameHhH  /t/1468295/official-samsung-unxxf7500-owners-thread#post_23253034

how do you download and install apps? i cant seem to do this; do i need an account or something first?

You have to set up an account with Samsung. Then, as soon as you select an APP, they will ask for credit card info. Good Luck!

·
Registered
15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by seyclone  /t/1468295/official-samsung-unxxf7500-owners-thread#post_23250346

I was over at Costco this afternoon and they have A Sony BDP-BX510 3D Blueray player for $120.00. I need to get one anyway. This might be the solution to my DLNA problem. Sony products handle the interface well. I'll just use the DVD player to pull in the videos off of the hard drive attached to the router. This could save a lot of hours of questions and messing around with configurations.

I'll keep everybody posted - (that is, if anybody is interested).

Installed the Sony player - everything works perfectly. The Sony sees the DLNA drive and feeds the stream to the Samsung with no problems. The DVD player comes with its own string of APPs and media sources, some in interesting languages. The combo works well. When the DVD player is turned on the HDMI connection turns on the F7500 - neat.

The picture on this TV is so good, I may not even bother to run the calibration disk.

·
Registered
175 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porky56  /t/1468295/official-samsung-unxxf7500-owners-thread#post_23248376

Quick question..recently my Samsung55d7000 stop working and I just got a called from geek squad telling me that I qualify to get a new tv since they couldn't fix it..and I'm pretty sure when I bought this tv 2 years ago the best buy guy told me that with the geek squad protection was that if they couldn't fix it I would get the newest model of that year..so looks like I would be getting this years model..I'm just unsure if its gonna be this one or the f8000 model I think it's gonna be this model just wanted to ask if ya would know just don't want to get psyched about getting the f8000 ..
They definitely won't give you the f8000. there's a comparable sku finder they use and more then likely it'll pull up this model the f7100 or f6400. My guess though is possible the f7100

·
Registered
18 Posts
Long time lurker, first time poster. Love this forum.

Got this TV last week and so far, so good. I'm wondering what universal remote, if any, do folks plan on using with their setups? I've got a Harmony 900 that I'm just about to set up. I wonder how good it is going to be, considering the Sammy's touchpad.

I love the ability and ease of pairing my Galaxy S3 and Nexus 7 tablet with it. With a push of a button, I can easily view videos taken on my cell (and they look great) or continue watching a YouTube video from my tablet on the TV.
Quote:
Originally Posted by seyclone  /t/1468295/official-samsung-unxxf7500-owners-thread#post_23260135

Installed the Sony player - everything works perfectly. The Sony sees the DLNA drive and feeds the stream to the Samsung with no problems. The DVD player comes with its own string of APPs and media sources, some in interesting languages. The combo works well. When the DVD player is turned on the HDMI connection turns on the F7500 - neat.

The picture on this TV is so good, I may not even bother to run the calibration disk.

And thanks for going through the motions regarding the media center, Seyclone. That will definitely help me when I bring my media center back into the fold. Sort of makes sense too, in that you're watching a movie...use the movie player.

1 - 20 of 285 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.