AVS Forum banner

4381 - 4400 of 5371 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yes, two different TVs of the exact same model can have completely different characteristics. It all depends on which one you get. If you look at the label on the back of the TV, what is the "version" of the new one you got? The exact TV you are discussing (46 inch H7150) can come in 2 different versions (that I am aware of). It can have either the TS01 panel or the US02 panel.

I don't think anyone has ever answered what the exact difference is between the TS01 and US02. Both versions are made by Samsung, and both the 46 and 55 started out with just TS01. So it is quite possible your first TV had one, and the replacement, even though it is the exact same model number, had the other.

In fact I would raise that as a question. What is the exact difference between those two versions? I've heard the answer "Don't worry about it", but there is obviously something different by the numbers.
My original set was a 55H7150 with the TS01 panel. (Build date Nov. 2014) I questioned the corner flashlighting and viewing angle, so I temporarily held onto the original while I received 2 replacements, both of which had US02 panels. (Build dates Dec. 2014, Jan. 2015) In my opinion there was very little difference with the PQ. The US02 panels had slightly brighter corner flashlighting, but in a smaller area than the TS01. However both of the replacements had cosmetic issues (which I attributed to late in the model year production issues), so I decided to keep the original. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I've had this tv for about 3 months now. ZMad thank you for your settings. I really like your standard mode. I haven't posted because i usually don't have anything to contribute but love reading everyone else's comments. I do have a question for you guys. Just recently my Netflix app on the tv isn't working. When I try to open the app it goes to a black screen and does nothing. I have to power off the tv just to get back to my regular cable watching. I haven't tried a reset yet, but was curious if anyone else experienced this. Thank you guys in advance.
Yes I have had this happen. I have had the tv since July and it only did this a few times though early on where a simple reset took care of the problem. This has not happened lately though for me.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I am installing Z Mad's latest settings and having a problem in all the picture modes. When I get to the picture options HDMI Black Level it is set to normal and the Film Mode is set to off. Both of these settings are grayed out and I am not able to change them. It states that this function is not available. Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I am install Z Mad's latest settings and having a problem in all the picture modes. When I get to the picture options HDMI Black Level it is set to normal and the Film Mode is set to off. Both of these settings are grayed out and I am not able to change them. It states that this function is not available. Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong.
You need to set the mode to "Movie" and those options will then be available.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I am install Z Mad's latest settings and having a problem in all the picture modes. When I get to the picture options HDMI Black Level it is set to normal and the Film Mode is set to off. Both of these settings are grayed out and I am not able to change them. It states that this function is not available. Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong.
Those are only available when the signal is RGB444. YCC colorspace signals cause those options to be grayed out, but it should be fine (it is on my cable box and BD player).

·
Registered
40 Posts
Just Pulled The Trigger

This is my first post here.

Thanks for all the information and advice, you guys are awesome.

So after about a week's worth of lurking on this site and others, reading 100+ pages of this thread alone — and visiting a few retail stores to compare sets — I broke down and ordered a UN65H7150. Got it for $1499, no tax, free shipping. You guys have had a lot of great things to report about this set... can't wait! Hope I get a good one with minimal flash lighting, etc.

I'll report back after I've had some time to mess with it and adjust settings (I'll try ZMad's calibration)...

·
Registered
52 Posts

So after about a week's worth of lurking on this site and others, reading 100+ pages of this thread alone — and visiting a few retail stores to compare sets — I broke down and ordered a UN65H7150. Got it for $1499, no tax, free shipping. You guys have had a lot of great things to report about this set... can't wait! Hope I get a good one with minimal flash lighting, etc.

I'll report back after I've had some time to mess with it and adjust settings (I'll try ZMad's calibration)...
Welcome aboard and congratulations on the new set. I think you will be happy with it and keep us informed. :D

·
Registered
56 Posts

Congrats, Jim. That's a great price. Best I could find was $1,699 two weeks ago (no tax, no shipping cost). Where'd you get it at that price?

Let us know how you like ZMad's calibration. I tried one of his earliest calibrations and found the picture to generally be too yellow and too dim. I realize this is probably heresy to say in this thread. I probably need to give it another shot.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Welcome aboard and congratulations on the new set. I think you will be happy with it and keep us informed. :D
Thanks, man!

I should mention that the only sizable flat screen I've owned is a Panasonic Viera 50" which, after 10 years, is still kicking. Awesome picture on that sucker, just wow. I keep thinking it will go dead any day now; it's been put through mega hours of use.

65" will be a lot bigger than the Panasonic, I'm stoked about that. I just hope this LCD will look almost as kick-ass.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Congrats, Jim. That's a great price. Best I could find was $1,699 two weeks ago (no tax, no shipping cost). Where'd you get it at that price?

Let us know how you like ZMad's calibration. I tried one of his earliest calibrations and found the picture to generally be too yellow and too dim. I realize this is probably heresy to say in this thread. I probably need to give it another shot.
I got it off of Amazon.

I will definitely let you know re: ZMad's settings...

·
Registered
317 Posts
I looked at amazon and I see US-Appliance as the seller at that price.
I went to US-Appliance's web site and they want $1797.99 for it.
I hope that you get a new one for the $1499.00 as that's a great deal.
I had originally bought it fro 1699.99 from best buy. A week later frys had it for 1444.97. Price matched it and got almost $300 back. I was glad someone in here mentioned it frys had it for that price, or i would have never gotten the difference back. Thx again!

·
Registered
34 Posts
For those of you have loosened screws on the TV to help with corner flashlighting, how many revolutions, or fraction of a revolution, did you guys loosen the screws by. Did you loosen all 4 corner or just the ones with the flashlighting, did it help? Thanks!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I looked at amazon and I see US-Appliance as the seller at that price.
I went to US-Appliance's web site and they want $1797.99 for it.
I hope that you get a new one for the $1499.00 as that's a great deal.
Yes, it is new, sealed with full manufacturer's warranty. The seller listed it as "New, Opened Box" but after asking questions via email, he explained that he had to list it that way to sell if for less than $1799 otherwise he'd be in violation of Samsung's fixed pricing policy. He has great feedback been doing it for years so I'm pretty confident he's on the up and up.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Yes, it is new, sealed with full manufacturer's warranty. The seller listed it as "New, Opened Box" but after asking questions via email, he explained that he had to list it that way to sell if for less than $1799 otherwise he'd be in violation of Samsung's fixed pricing policy. He has great feedback been doing it for years so I'm pretty confident he's on the up and up.
I wouldn't trust open box online. If you were at the store to inspect it and all and test it then maybe. But I wish you luck!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I wouldn't trust open box online. If you were at the store to inspect it and all and test it then maybe. But I wish you luck!!
Thanks

But it's not open box. He insisted it was never opened. If it is not factory sealed when it arrives, I won't sign and it goes back so I'm not worried. It is also insured and not only Amazon, but my credit card company, will back me in the unlikely event of fraud.

4381 - 4400 of 5371 Posts