AVS Forum banner

5321 - 5340 of 5371 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
This will reset any Picture settings (and probably Audio, too), so write down your settings before you start!!!

Don't change ANYTHING unless you know EXACTLY what you are doing!!!!

Once the main menu comes up, scroll down to SVC and press Enter.
Scroll down to Info and press Enter. The fourth item shows the Panel Display Time. Press Return to return to the previous menu.
@DucksoupSD... sorry for the slow reply. Really appreciate the help with this! Is time represented in hours?

·
Registered
131 Posts
In the past few weeks, I've been having a minor issue with my TV. It randomly has a delayed response to the remote. Say I try to change the volume, about 5 seconds later it will respond. Some times I turn the tv off and 5-10 seconds later it turns back on. I have changed the batteries in the remote, but haven't tried anything else except for unplugging it.

·
Registered
286 Posts
And here is finally also the STANDARD mode for gaming. Mind you, this is the simplified Standard mode that allows only 2-point grayscale calibration, when the Source is set to "PC" (the mode with lowest input lag on this TV, thus the best mode for gaming). But even with just the 2-point grayscale adjustment, the result is good, grayscale and colors are quite accurate, and the games look great with these settings:

SOURCE: PC
--Picture snip.. ]
Hi,,
I've always run mine in Game mode (with Movie picture mode) and not PC mode. I'm curious, is game mode worse? You mentioned that PC has the lowest lag. Have you seen any lag results between the two?
Ps, I've changed my settings to the ones you posted to see how it goes. Like someone else here posted, I went back to Warm1, because watching the Olympics, the ice rink looked a little too yellow with Warm2.
I'm waiting for an outdoor event, to compare the look of snow, with the snow outside my door. It's been one of those winters.

Ps thank you for posting the calibration settings. Appreciate the interest in our "old" technology :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
samsung un60h7150afxza internet and remote issues

My un60h7150afxza is out of warranty.

I have copied and pasted another user's comments below because they are exactly the same issues I'm having):

It started with the wifi dropping out, periodically. I down loaded the latest firmware and installed it this past weekend. Now it won't stay connected more than a minute or so. The wired network worked up until a week or so ago, now it won't connect at all. To go along with this, the smart remote loses the ability to change volume, or any other function other than off. And that may take a while to get it to turn off. After turning it back on, the remote may function for a while again, or not.

I have already tried resetting the TV and the SmartHUB. I'm convinced it's an internal circuit board issue but I don't know which one to replace. (I should mention here that I'm a desktop support tech and I'm sure I can replace the necessary component in the TV once I know which one to replace).

Can anyone tell me which board I need to replace? I'd rather not replace the main board then find out I should have replace another component.

I'd like to thank everyone in advance for their response(s)

·
Registered
10 Posts
My un60h7150afxza is out of warranty.

I have copied and pasted another user's comments below because they are exactly the same issues I'm having):

It started with the wifi dropping out, periodically. I down loaded the latest firmware and installed it this past weekend. Now it won't stay connected more than a minute or so. The wired network worked up until a week or so ago, now it won't connect at all. To go along with this, the smart remote loses the ability to change volume, or any other function other than off. And that may take a while to get it to turn off. After turning it back on, the remote may function for a while again, or not.

I have already tried resetting the TV and the SmartHUB. I'm convinced it's an internal circuit board issue but I don't know which one to replace. (I should mention here that I'm a desktop support tech and I'm sure I can replace the necessary component in the TV once I know which one to replace).

Can anyone tell me which board I need to replace? I'd rather not replace the main board then find out I should have replace another component.

I'd like to thank everyone in advance for their response(s)
I've struggled with this issue for two years now. I had the main board replaced and also replaced the network card. Everything that could be replaced has been replaced and it still caused an issue.

I was finally able to resolve it based on a tip I got from another forum.

In the service menu there two different places to reset the TV. One place you can reset the TV and the SmartHub. Do that first and then in another main menu option you can reset the TV to factory to factory defaults. You have to do BOTH. Then restart and setup the TV again and VIOLA after 2 years now I'm connected without issues for over a month now.

I'm sorry I don't remember the exact menu locations but I do remember they were in to separate menu items.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've struggled with this issue for two years now. I had the main board replaced and also replaced the network card. Everything that could be replaced has been replaced and it still caused an issue.

I was finally able to resolve it based on a tip I got from another forum.

In the service menu there two different places to reset the TV. One place you can reset the TV and the SmartHub. Do that first and then in another main menu option you can reset the TV to factory to factory defaults. You have to do BOTH. Then restart and setup the TV again and VIOLA after 2 years now I'm connected without issues for over a month now.

I'm sorry I don't remember the exact menu locations but I do remember they were in to separate menu items.
I have tried the 2 reset options you mention but I still have the same problems: wireless and cabled internet connections either don't work or work for a short period of time before they don't work at all - and my remote responses are delayed if they work at all.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well I was able to factory reset my 60" LED 7 series, maybe if I did that with my 7150 it will fix the wireless connection - it works fine hardwired .......

·
Registered
419 Posts
Seems like the new firmware borked my screen size settings. It's 16 x 9 no matter what I do. I thought I had gotten it to change correctly by pressing the P. Size button on the remote (as opposed to doing it through the Picture menu), but now that doesn't seem to be working either.

Going to give Samsung a piece of my mind tomorrow if I can't solve this. On my games, half the HUDs are lost into the edges of the screen, rendering my 75" model a piece of crap for gaming.

Edit: OK, problem solved. I unplugged the set and let it set overnight. This morning, the picture size feature works as it did.

·
Registered
419 Posts
What firmware 2210 does

Kudos to Samsung. I placed a Service Request through the TV last night when my picture size failed to change. They called me today to follow up. I asked about the latest firmware notes and he told me it is meant to improve the performance of the browser and apps, with the usual "stability" updates to boot.

So, there you go.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Kudos to Samsung. I placed a Service Request through the TV last night when my picture size failed to change. They called me today to follow up. I asked about the latest firmware notes and he told me it is meant to improve the performance of the browser and apps, with the usual "stability" updates to boot.

So, there you go.
Had the same issue you were having with picture size. Unplugged the tv, plugged it right back in and it was working again.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Had the same issue you were having with picture size. Unplugged the tv, plugged it right back in and it was working again.
My TV lost the picture-size setting again. Had to unplug and wait again. I suspect it's a bug in firmware 2210 as I had no problems before.

Frustrating having this happen so long after launch.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My TV lost the picture-size setting again. Had to unplug and wait again. I suspect it's a bug in firmware 2210 as I had no problems before.

Frustrating having this happen so long after launch.
Agreed, I thought I was losing my mind. Did they just push a new update that caused it?

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Anyone had any luck programming a harmony remote to control the smart hub?
If I am in a Watch TV activity but want to launch the smart hub, what is the best way to do it?
I thought about programming the smart hub button from the original remote but my Watch TV activity uses my DirecTV box so I don't think I would be able to use my directional arrows for the tv while in that activity???

·
Registered
307 Posts
Anyone had any luck programming a harmony remote to control the smart hub?
If I am in a Watch TV activity but want to launch the smart hub, what is the best way to do it?
I thought about programming the smart hub button from the original remote but my Watch TV activity uses my DirecTV box so I don't think I would be able to use my directional arrows for the tv while in that activity???
I use a separate Smart TV activity.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I use a separate Smart TV activity.
I tried that but it doesn't bring up the smart hub menu. Inputs are all correct but nothing happens. Maybe I didn't configure it correctly but there wasn't too many options.,
What happens when you press the Menu button? Should bring up the smart hub.

5321 - 5340 of 5371 Posts