AVS Forum banner

401 - 420 of 461 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I use an oppo bd-103 for upscaling and was having the same blanking problem..it would be for a few seconds about once every 15 minutes to 60 minutes. I was using monoprice HDMI cable which I have used for everything with no problems until I got this tv. Someone on another site said he fixed his by switching to this HDMI cable. I have tried firmware, different cables, different ports all to no avail until I tried this cable. I've had it for a month now and it hasn't blanked out once. I got it from Amazon, but you can probably get it from many places. IBRA 2m high speed orange gold HDMI
UPDATE
I have tested this cable for a few weeks now the IBRA 2m high speed orange gold HDMI cable but still had the blanking and a black screen for a few seconds..Thanks ucinn for your suggestion and help but it didn't solve my issue with my Seiki Digital Se50uy04 50 Inch 4k:(

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all, I have a question. I have a 39" led tv SE39UY04 - 1 model. I don't really use it for a pc monitor but would like to . I don't have the best pc and I'm using the video card that's already installed. I use the tv for mostly movies and cable tv. I keep hearing that you can update the firmware to the 50" fw. What would this do to the tv? Would it make a big difference? Is it worth it? How may I obtain the fw? Forgive my ignorance but I have no idea about these things. Any help with this or any good settings would greatly be appreciated.

·
Registered
6,772 Posts
This TV seems like a nightmare! Yikes!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Seiki support experience

Well, I finally got the balls to update firmware, and instant brick. I updated and instead of showing the install screen, the light turned solid blue and stayed that way, so I unplugged the drive. All of a sudden, no remote input or screen display. I've read the whole thread by this point, and tried every download in it. Always format my drive (not the quick format either), always make sure the install.img has the correct name and is the only thing on the drive, always plug in the drive, then plug in the tv while holding the correct button. And as always, it flashes for about 30 seconds then it turns blue instead of red and just stays as such until I turn it off. Still no remote input, but I have tried the menu-0000-5down-right-enter option anyway. Nothing seems to work, The only variation I've gotten was once when I used the original-unmodded seiki firmware. I got about 2/3 of my screen to flash grey for a second, but then i got the blue light again as usual. Also when I tried it with YungMoni's 90mb file, it just kept the flashing updating light for over an hour, and I had to unplug it.

Anyone have any clue what I'm doing wrong?

To make it clear here is my process:

1. fully format flash drive with at least 1gb maximum capacity
2. copy over the install.img
3. eject flash drive
4. Unplug TV
5. Insert drive
6. Hold 3rd button down and plug in tv
- I hear that TUN sound from the speaker some people have talked about
7. Light begins flashing
8. 30 seconds later, with no effect on the screen display, light turns blue and stays that way

I'll appreciate all the help I can get, and if anyone wants any of the .img's let me know, I've got an original Seiki one I can upload to mega as its own file if anyone wants it.
Update:

I have since been in contact multiple times with Seiki customer support (yikes). When I'm able to get someone I can converse with, I basically repeat my claim to them. I tell them that I understand updating firmware voids my warranty, but on the Seiki website, it gives instructions on how to fix a certain problem by updating firmware. I always point out that these instructions do not warn the user that FOLLOWING THE INSTRUCTIONS, GIVEN BY SEIKI, ON THEIR OWN WEBSITE, VOIDS THEIR WARRANTY. I am always greeted with the same response of "But sir! This TV does not, and never has had any firmware updates!". Every. Damn. Time. I have tried to explain that, for reasons unknown, Seiki has removed all traces of this TV from their website (don't believe me? check it out) yet there WAS a firmware update as of at least January 2015.

Today, I was finally able to get on the line with a supervisor who said basically the same thing, that there is no firmware, and has never been. Anyone who has been to a forum on this TV can obviously see that there was firmware at one point. I told him that I was sure that the firmware existed, but my main problem is that the Seiki website did not warn me that my TV could brick or that my warranty would be voided if I followed their instructions. I pointed out the warranty's clause of:

"does not cover (a) damage or failure caused by or attributable to abuse, misuse, failure to follow instructions, improper installation or
maintenance, alteration, accident, or excess voltage or current"

and I told him that the two were contradictory when combined with the information on the Seiki website. Luckily for me, he seemed to agree to some point, and has set me up an appointment with corporate. Crossing my fingers they will listen to my complaint, and hear me out. Wish me luck.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Update:

I have since been in contact multiple times with Seiki customer support (yikes). When I'm able to get someone I can converse with, I basically repeat my claim to them. I tell them that I understand updating firmware voids my warranty, but on the Seiki website, it gives instructions on how to fix a certain problem by updating firmware. I always point out that these instructions do not warn the user that FOLLOWING THE INSTRUCTIONS, GIVEN BY SEIKI, ON THEIR OWN WEBSITE, VOIDS THEIR WARRANTY. I am always greeted with the same response of "But sir! This TV does not, and never has had any firmware updates!". Every. Damn. Time. I have tried to explain that, for reasons unknown, Seiki has removed all traces of this TV from their website (don't believe me? check it out) yet there WAS a firmware update as of at least January 2015.

Today, I was finally able to get on the line with a supervisor who said basically the same thing, that there is no firmware, and has never been. Anyone who has been to a forum on this TV can obviously see that there was firmware at one point. I told him that I was sure that the firmware existed, but my main problem is that the Seiki website did not warn me that my TV could brick or that my warranty would be voided if I followed their instructions. I pointed out the warranty's clause of:

"does not cover (a) damage or failure caused by or attributable to abuse, misuse, failure to follow instructions, improper installation or
maintenance, alteration, accident, or excess voltage or current"

and I told him that the two were contradictory when combined with the information on the Seiki website. Luckily for me, he seemed to agree to some point, and has set me up an appointment with corporate. Crossing my fingers they will listen to my complaint, and hear me out. Wish me luck.

Try checking wayback machine and seeing if they have an archive of the FW page you can take a snapshot of.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Try checking wayback machine and seeing if they have an archive of the FW page you can take a snapshot of.
Great idea! Seriously genius, however, somewhat surprisingly, there was no archive of the page. I sent them the nicest email I think I've ever sent, while still remaining firm on my points. We'll see, I should hear back within 24 hours form now.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Great idea! Seriously genius, however, somewhat surprisingly, there was no archive of the page. I sent them the nicest email I think I've ever sent, while still remaining firm on my points. We'll see, I should hear back within 24 hours form now.
OOOOOOOHHHHHH MYYYYY GOOOOOOOOODDDDD

I got in touch with Seiki and they sent me a firmware to try based off of my Serial Number and it totally worked. I think my exact model number is se39uy04-1. Not entire sure, but whatever they gave me worked. If anyone needs it I can get it to you if you hit me up.

Now that I'm up and running with a 4k TV and a GPU that outputs 4k (r9 290x), I just have to get the computer to recognize the 4K resolution.... only says 1920x1080. This TV is proving to be a nightmare!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just picked up the 65" 4K model from Amazon (via Tiger Direct) since it was a good price. Hasn't arrived yet but looking forward to it. Primary usage being PS3 and cable TV.

·
Registered
2 Posts
OOOOOOOHHHHHH MYYYYY GOOOOOOOOODDDDD

I got in touch with Seiki and they sent me a firmware to try based off of my Serial Number and it totally worked. I think my exact model number is se39uy04-1. Not entire sure, but whatever they gave me worked. If anyone needs it I can get it to you if you hit me up.

Now that I'm up and running with a 4k TV and a GPU that outputs 4k (r9 290x), I just have to get the computer to recognize the 4K resolution.... only says 1920x1080. This TV is proving to be a nightmare!
What version number is it displaying now on the info screen?

What is the file name of the firmware?

·
Registered
5 Posts
What version number is it displaying now on the info screen?

What is the file name of the firmware?
My Software Version menu says

Baseline: 270
-Boot version: 0001.0716.1017
-Linux Version: 000
-Video Version: 564869
-Audio Version: 494203
-AP Version: 513407

Customer Version 1.0

·
Registered
1 Posts
It seems like the firmware update for the 50 inch 4k seiki has been taken off the seiki website. Can anyone please point me in the right direction to find this update?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ps4 play memories can play 4k videos now. Works on the Seiki 39. I have been uploading movie trailers to it. It appears that the firmware for the Seiki 39 has been taken down. Also, am i screwed when the Ultra HD Blu-rays coming out? I know the seiki 39 is HDMI 1.4, but is it HDCP 2.2? These bull**** draconian copy protection features are going to make it so i have to buy a new TV?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey guys sorry to bother you I have the 39 tv and want to buy a soundbar no one wants to help i posted in soundbar forums here, since you guys have this tv you should be able to help me out. Thank you

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,775 Posts
On the low end, there's the VIZIO S2920w-C0 and on the higher end there's the Sony HT-CT260H. Both of these have digital coaxial audio inputs.

·
Registered
8 Posts
there is a new firmware listed on seiki website

Model # SE50UY04
Changes to EDID timing for better handling of UHD resolution.
Fixes audio issue that was caused by previous firmware.

·
Registered
1 Posts
there is a new firmware listed on seiki website

Model # SE50UY04
Changes to EDID timing for better handling of UHD resolution.
Fixes audio issue that was caused by previous firmware.
Seiki's website is pretty useless, can you post a link to the firmware?

·
Registered
2 Posts
My Software Version menu says

Baseline: 270
-Boot version: 0001.0716.1017
-Linux Version: 000
-Video Version: 564869
-Audio Version: 494203
-AP Version: 513407

Customer Version 1.0
Hey, any progress getting your PC to recognize 4K on the monitor? I have the exact same software version on my SE39UY04, and I too am getting only 1920x1080

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hey, any progress getting your PC to recognize 4K on the monitor? I have the exact same software version on my SE39UY04, and I too am getting only 1920x1080

My UY04 could handle hdmi to miniDP and produce 4k
My UY04-01 through multiple firmwares, refused to output 4k over hdmi to miniDP. However, straight HDMI to HDMI produces 4K without a problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
OK, so I got 4k "working" on my UY04. The fix is bizarre. I have a new XPS 13 (2015) connected via Mini-Displayport to HDMI. Out of the box, the system only outputs 1080p, with no higher resolutions available. But when I *uninstall* the Intel Graphics Driver, and reboot using the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter, I can see full 4K resolution.

I was told by Dell's Technical Support that Intel's graphics drivers do not yet support Displayport 1.2, so they are limited to HD resolution on the external monitor. (!)

401 - 420 of 461 Posts