AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1898 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
By the numbers it looks like 72 people grabbed the duydig.com ebay fire sale of the Sharp Aquos 65N9000U for $1150 in the last week. This was (and in some places today still is) a $3000 set retail.

This mofo has:

65" curved screen
HDR10
120hz native
3M Quantum dot display
240 zone FALD
4k Amazon, Netflix, Vudu, Youtube smart apps

The price from buydig is back to $1500 as of today -- still a great deal on what appears to be a stunning chuck of TV technology -- but not the scream-from-the-mountain-tops $1150 deal that buydig ignited the world with over the past week.

Based on the 2016 CES coverage, this was a beast of a TV that seems to have not sold well, had price-point challenges, or got caught up in the Hisense/Sharp branding transition.

All I know is mine comes in about a week and I cannot wait. I am coming from a sad saga with two broken Hisense 55H9B2's from PC Richard (who are great by the way), one of which arrived usable enough to see how awesome a display it was, but neither of which was 100% ok to keep. The problem is the stock has dried up for the 55" H9B so I went looking for a replacement for a steal.

This Sharp Aquos 65N9000U clearly is the step-sibling of the Hisense 65H10B, so I am hoping it meets the same high standard that the 55H9B set.

I hope some fellow AVS'ers grabbed the Sharp deal posted on slickdeals -- if so, this is where to gripe your gripes and sing the praises :)

-Chris

·
Registered
177 Posts
I jumped on the Buydig deal as well as I was looking for a 2nd TV. I currently have a Samsung 65KS8000. I was hoping this TV had active 3D, as stated in the Ebay listing, but appears it does not after looking at the specs on the sharp website and initial reviews. Shipped yesterday. Here is a Chinese review of the 65N9000U - use google translate:

http://4k-fan.com/一手評測-sharp-美規-65n9000u-與-sony-65x8500d-同台比拼/

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I jumped on the Buydig deal as well as I was looking for a 2nd TV. I currently have a Samsung 65KS8000. I was hoping this TV had active 3D, as stated in the Ebay listing, but appears it does not after looking at the specs on the sharp website and initial reviews. Shipped yesterday. Here is a Chinese review of the 65N9000U - use google translate:

http://4k-fan.com/一手評測-sharp-美規-65n9000u-與-sony-65x8500d-同台比拼/
Great review of the N9000!

I have a tracking # from buydig but I have no idea who the shipper is and I have no idea where my TV is??

Have you been able to track yours??

-Chris

·
Registered
177 Posts
Great review of the N9000!

I have a tracking # from buydig but I have no idea who the shipper is and I have no idea where my TV is??

Have you been able to track yours??

-Chris
I called Buydig this morning and the company they used to ship my unit was Team World Wide:

https://www.teamww.com/tracking/team-trac/

A little confusing but just enter your tracking# under "Team Bill Number(s)". You do not need to enter anything else.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you!

I called Buydig this morning and the company they used to ship my unit was Team World Wide:

https://www.teamww.com/tracking/team-trac/

A little confusing but just enter your tracking# under "Team Bill Number(s)". You do not need to enter anything else.
Thanks so much for that info!! I Just called them, they had an old phone number via ebay on file and couldn't reach me. All sorted out and they are delivering tomorrow between 10am-2pm.

After two Hisense H9's were delivered broken to us, I am really hoping that this TV shows up in one piece!

Good luck on yours and I look forward to your thoughts!

-C

·
Registered
177 Posts
Thanks so much for that info!! I Just called them, they had an old phone number via ebay on file and couldn't reach me. All sorted out and they are delivering tomorrow between 10am-2pm.

After two Hisense H9's were delivered broken to us, I am really hoping that this TV shows up in one piece!

Good luck on yours and I look forward to your thoughts!

-C
Looking forward to your impressions as well. Mine will not arrive until Monday...

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Delivered safely, been setting it up for about an hour... this set is AMAZING!!!!!!

This is everything the Hisense H9B was and very much beyond.

You'll go through two firmware updates and then you are good to go. It appears HDR is not supported via the internal streamed apps, but I am sure my XB1S will pass it.

The same was true of the Hisense H9B.

Unbelievable picture... for the money I paid I keep thinking the cops are going to show up.

Just awesome!

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
It's tempting at its present price, but it will be impossible to pass up if the prices drops back down to where you snagged it. Congrats!

·
Registered
827 Posts
Wonder why the hisense h10c is $500 more than the sharp at buydig ? Same tv , different name. Or are there other differences?

·
Registered
827 Posts
I see the 65H10B for $500 more. I do not see the 65H10C for sale. Was the 10C ever released in the US?
Your right. Didn't notice it was still the b. Even more puzzling then. If the b is a 2015 model ,and the c is the 2016 model . Seems strange that the sharp would be priced lower than the b. So is the sharp a rebadged b or c? Just wish there was more information on this set. Can't find much of anything but previews for the sharp and 10C.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Your right. Didn't notice it was still the b. Even more puzzling then. If the b is a 2015 model ,and the c is the 2016 model . Seems strange that the sharp would be priced lower than the b. So is the sharp a rebadged b or c? Just wish there was more information on this set. Can't find much of anything but previews for the sharp and 10C.
I found this:

https://www.facebook.com/hisenseusa/posts/1364455956902463

It looks like the 10C was never released. This sharp is pretty much the same as the 10B but with a slight design change - from the link above:

Hisense USA: 65H10B and LC-65N9000U (Sharp) are curved and featured the same (ULED 2.0) with slightly different designs for the two brands. 70H10C and LC-70N9100U are flat and featured the same (ULED 3.0) with designs for the two brands.

So essentially we get a 10B for $1150 with all the firmware updates now essentially complete. Not a bad deal!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
... and an absolutely amazing picture!

Watching the TV right now -- Despicable Me 2 for Pizza Saturday with the family. I've seen this blue-ray before but it looks like a completely different movie on this display.

Unreal!

-Chris

·
Registered
207 Posts
How is the HDR material on this TV? Does it get brightness levels to 1000nits? If this is indeed a Hisense 65H10B rebadged then I believe that TV only gets to 500 nits but wanted to see if this was a better panel.

Also, has anyone seen the Samsung 65KS8000 and if so, how does this TV compare to that. Only reason is that these are comparably priced currently and I am deciding between them.

And last thing, does this TV sit upright on its stand or does it lean like the Hisense 65H10B?.... I'm hoping it is upright because the lean would drive me nuts.

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
177 Posts
How is the HDR material on this TV? Does it get brightness levels to 1000nits? If this is indeed a Hisense 65H10B rebadged then I believe that TV only gets to 500 nits but wanted to see if this was a better panel.

Also, has anyone seen the Samsung 65KS8000 and if so, how does this TV compare to that. Only reason is that these are comparably priced currently and I am deciding between them.

And last thing, does this TV sit upright on its stand or does it lean like the Hisense 65H10B?.... I'm hoping it is upright because the lean would drive me nuts.

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I have the 65ks8000 as well. My Sharp will be arriving today so I can post my impressions of the two. Just to note, the Samsung epp deal (65ks8000 for 1079 + 10% discover cash back) has ended but they seem to run it every month or so. My biggest complaint on the samsung are the black levels and it being edge lit. Otherwise it is a solid choice, especially for the epp price.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Not sure if these numbers (which come from THIS Chinese 4k TV review site) are sustained or peak brightness. This is a comparison of brightness between the Sharp N9000U and the Sony 65X850D:

Level - Sharp - Sony
L100: 395 312

L50: 572 313

L25: 663 308

L10: 557 312

L2: 236 312

According to Rtings assessment of current TV brightness these are all solid HDR numbers. In fact, the L10- L50 measurements are some of the best of the 2016 range of TV (besting even the Samsung flagships except at L2 where the Samsung is greater than 1000 nits.

This sharp is beating the Vizio P-series (the P50 of which I own), the Sony's, and the Samsung's in many cases below the 8000 series.

The Sharp N9000u is an awesome TV!

-Chris

·
Registered
207 Posts
I have the 65ks8000 as well. My Sharp will be arriving today so I can post my impressions of the two. Just to note, the Samsung epp deal (65ks8000 for 1079 + 10% discover cash back) has ended but they seem to run it every month or so. My biggest complaint on the sharp are the black levels and it being edge lit. Otherwise it is a solid choice, especially for the epp price.

Thank you for the information! I cannot wait till you do a side by side comparison on the TVs. On that note, I do own last year's Samsung... (well 2015) 65JS8500 and that one has been a great TV. Looking for a TV in the basement where it is much darker therefore wanting FALD instead of edge lit. I did order the 65n9000u when it was on sale on ebay but I won't get it till maybe Weds. If this TV is indeed better than the 65KS8000, then I won't need to return it or try to buy one now with the epp deal.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I finally made sense of the brightness levels on rtings. Wonder why it drops off at 2% and 100%? Maybe due to FALD? I'm sure the black levels has to be better on this TV than the edge lit ones. So, how are the overall black levels and Contrast? I'm sure it won't get to OLED levels but if it is close enough, I can live with it. Oh... and no one answered my question about leaning with the stands... upright or lean? How about HDR material... does it display correctly?

1 - 20 of 1898 Posts