AVS Forum banner

1881 - 1898 of 1898 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have had terrible luck with this set, all of the magenta issues, and my TV had a bad LCD within 6 months of ownership which was replaced under warranty. The second TV just failed as of a week ago, with a bad LCD. It isnt repairable and now out of warranty (month 15). Huge waste of time,money and aggravation trying to fix the magenta problems. I reached out to hisense and was basically told tough luck. Im looking at the Vizio PQ 65, COSTCO will have it for under 1500 within a few weeks, im hoping that will work for longer then 15 months.
Sorry for the late response, but how did your bad LCD manifest? I had to get my original TV replaced under warranty, and about 2 months ago the replacement started exhibiting the same symptoms. The Hisense engineer told me it was a bad T con board, but the little I researched it that doesn't seem as likely as either a mainboard or the LCD itself. I am betting this issue is pretty widespread, just from my own sample of having 2 TVs show the same symptoms.

Anyway, once the problem starts showing up, it now happens virtually every time I turn the TV on. About 30 seconds of the TV being on, the display will glitch, and continue until I turn it off and on again (and sometimes even another cycle). Basically it will either stop updating the display on portions of the TV, or the display will go completely dark, and then cycle between red, green, blue, white, and black again. Here are a couple examples: https://imgur.com/a/pM7j5E5

Curious if anyone else has seen this, or has an idea of what the problem is. If its not too hard I wouldn't mind trying to replace it. The TV does work fine for multiple hours after restarting the TV, so maybe it isn't too bad of an issue?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry for the late response, but how did your bad LCD manifest? I had to get my original TV replaced under warranty, and about 2 months ago the replacement started exhibiting the same symptoms. The Hisense engineer told me it was a bad T con board, but the little I researched it that doesn't seem as likely as either a mainboard or the LCD itself. I am betting this issue is pretty widespread, just from my own sample of having 2 TVs show the same symptoms.

Anyway, once the problem starts showing up, it now happens virtually every time I turn the TV on. About 30 seconds of the TV being on, the display will glitch, and continue until I turn it off and on again (and sometimes even another cycle). Basically it will either stop updating the display on portions of the TV, or the display will go completely dark, and then cycle between red, green, blue, white, and black again. Here are a couple examples:

Curious if anyone else has seen this, or has an idea of what the problem is. If its not too hard I wouldn't mind trying to replace it. The TV does work fine for multiple hours after restarting the TV, so maybe it isn't too bad of an issue?
These are exactly the same issues I had. So far, my TV is still alive despite me posting about its impending death a few months ago. I was having the same issues as before, but for some reason its still going. I dont get the cycle between green-red-black, though it does frequently start to blur edges of images, the weird glitching with lines on the screen do occur though very infrequently. A TV repair tech i spoke to said its a bad main board, and he looked up the part to find a replacement and was unable to find any available. He said the replacement part cant even be ordered. My TV is working for now, but it could potentially fail at any moment. My first set was much worse, it never cleared beyond the red-green-blue cycle.

If your TV is still under warranty, try and get Hisense to repair or replace it with another model, because once out of warranty there are no options to repair it and Hisense will tell you 'sorry we cant do anything for this out of warranty TV'. I already set funds aside for another purchase as soon as this TV fails.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have had issues with my 65" Sharp Aquos N9000U TV over the last few weeks. Originally 2 HDMI ports seemed to go bad. When I was watching something the TV had a lot of stripes and the picture would not come in clear again. When I switched the HDMI ports it worked fine. Now, the TV won’t show anything on the screen in any of the HDMI ports. Amazon, Netflix and the apps still work and display a clean picture. The menu overlay seems to have some splotchiness in some parts like the text is becoming pixelated in some spots.

When I turn it on it either blinks 3 times and 3 times again or 6 times - I’m not sure which. Hisense support is not helpful because I purchased the TV in March 2017. Anyone have any idea what is wrong? It sounds like my options for a fix are limited.

My firmware is V00.01.OOa.I0312 and I live in Ohio for what it’s worth.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi.
Anybody experience a problem getting "no volume" playing MP4 video on their Sharp TV.?
Plug in USB stick having Mp4 video. Picture shows but sound is off.
Is there another video codec compatible to play on Sharp TV.

thanks.
TC.

·
Registered
23 Posts
thanks iRedline5

do you happen to have the factory shipped firmware ?
Only have what I posted for the firmware is what I saved.

Anyone have issues with audio delayed/sync when using a Nvidia Shield TV? Only remedy is to unplug the shield but lately its more frequent. Read in other forums there is issues wit intermittent lip sync issues across models of hisense tv's.

·
Registered
103 Posts
What's the consensus on best firmware? I'm running I0312

HDR is still unusable for me, when running xbox one x it still gets pretty yellow looking with netflix, prime video, and vudu.....wasn't always like this but it's a headache, and the people move wierd, like in fast forward, likely the smooth motion thing which drives me nuts which I can maybe turn off? any suggestions for settings in HDR mode?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm still using H1212. Looks great on Xbox One S, NV Shield, Roku Ultra, Sony UBP-X800, and the built in apps (except VUDU which is broken) all running through an Onkyo HT-R494. 3D is a bonus. Occasionally need to unplug the set but pretty sure would have to do that with any firmware.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Been thinking about upgrading, then I put in Lucy and......

I'm running FW H1212. Shots are in Theater Mode. Blu Ray up-converted in 4K vía Xbox 1S. HDMI 3 is set to Standard

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi BFJ. Can you share the settings you are using? Is this the latest Sharp firmware? Good to see people still enjoy this TV. I think the picture is great except for the orange/yellow while in HDR. I probably have to play with the settings.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Hi BFJ. Can you share the settings you are using? Is this the latest Sharp firmware? Good to see people still enjoy this TV. I think the picture is great except for the orange/yellow while in HDR. I probably have to play with the settings.
Here are the settings I'm using.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
I just noticed you mentioned 1212 firmware. Any reason you use standard instead of enhanced?
I just use Standard so HDR is not enabled when I use my Shield. To tell you the truth, seeing a difference between Standard and Enhanced on blu ray and 4k movies is pretty hard.

·
Registered
14 Posts
So I still have one of these sitting in my basement with a cracked screen.

Anyone with a bad mainboard or t-con want to talk about swapping parts?

1881 - 1898 of 1898 Posts