AVS Forum banner

381 - 400 of 3674 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
I found a red pixel today. Almost in the middle. I didn't see it before on previous close up looks but now I do. I can't see it from where I sit.

At least red scenes won't be affected.

·
Registered
6,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #383

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterslacker /forum/post/21886319

I found a red pixel today. Almost in the middle. I didn't see it before on previous close up looks but now I do. I can't see it from where I sit.

At least red scenes won't be affected.

try the massage ....

·
Registered
15 Posts

Got my TV!!!!!! WOW I love this TV! The Picture looks great, and I don't even have it calibrated yet.

Box had very bad damage on the corner noted it on my shipment slip and took some pictures. The delivery guys said the damage was like that when they got it. They removed it from the box mounted the brackets and hung it on the wall for me. Then let me plug it in and test my PS3 on it before I signed. Everything looks perfect solid black screen has no off color pixels. Solid white screen looks uniform edge to center. I cant find anything wrong for now.

I am having trouble getting 3d on my PS3 to work properly. I cant find anything in the game options of Mortal Kombat or Pain to turn 3d on. The games are both listed with 3d support and Pain even shows 3d on the level select. I got my PS3 to recognize the 1080p 3d and ask me what size TV I had. The only 3d I have gotten to work is the 2d-3d image selection under the 3d button on the remote.

Heres a pic of my family and TV

·
Registered
175 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph3 /forum/post/21886507

Got my TV!!!!!! WOW I love this TV! The Picture looks great, and I don't even have it calibrated yet.

Box had very bad damage on the corner noted it on my shipment slip and took some pictures. The delivery guys said the damage was like that when they got it. They removed it from the box mounted the brackets and hung it on the wall for me. Then let me plug it in and test my PS3 on it before I signed. Everything looks perfect solid black screen has no off color pixels. Solid white screen looks uniform edge to center. I cant find anything wrong for now.

I am having trouble getting 3d on my PS3 to work properly. I cant find anything in the game options of Mortal Kombat or Pain to turn 3d on. The games are both listed with 3d support and Pain even shows 3d on the level select. I got my PS3 to recognize the 1080p 3d and ask me what size TV I had. The only 3d I have gotten to work is the 2d-3d image selection under the 3d button on the remote.

Where did you buy your TV from? I can't believe the delivery guys actually mounted and hung the TV for you? I assume you gave them a tip but did you pay upfront (with the company) for extra service?

·
Registered
15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by planetweckesser /forum/post/21886618

Where did you buy your TV from? I can't believe the delivery guys actually mounted and hung the TV for you? I assume you gave them a tip but did you pay upfront (with the company) for extra service?

I purchased it through amazon. Fulfilled by Pauls TV. Free shipping. I was upgraded to white glove and got 4 sets of 3d glasses for $159 after complaining about a $210 price drop 3 days after my purchase. Even though TV shot up to $5700 later that same day.

I tipped them after. I think they were willing to help because of the amount of damage to the corner of the box.

·
Registered
5,844 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph3 /forum/post/21886507

I am having trouble getting 3d on my PS3 to work properly. I cant find anything in the game options of Mortal Kombat or Pain to turn 3d on.

Heres a pic of my family and TV
[/QUOTE]

Are you going from PS3 to TV or through a receiver/HDMI switch? Is the switch complaiant?

even my 2008 Mits DLP sees the 3D PS3 games [IMG]http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/images/smilies/smile.gif

·
Registered
4,908 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph3 /forum/post/0

I purchased it through amazon. Fulfilled by Pauls TV. Free shipping. I was upgraded to white glove and got 4 sets of 3d glasses for $159 after complaining about a $210 price drop 3 days after my purchase. Even though TV shot up to $5700 later that same day.

I tipped them after. I think they were willing to help because of the amount of damage to the corner of the box.

Jeez is that blond chick like 6 foot 8. She towers over the 80!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by samendolaro /forum/post/21885104

I picked up one pair of the Sharp AN3DG20B and a pair of cheaper GBSG03-JP: iTrek.

I need to get about 6-8 pairs so it was worth it to check out a high and low end pair before spending a bunch if I don't need to.

I get my TV on Thursday afternoon so I'll let you know how the comparison goes.

Curious to see how this works out for you, my tv comes in Wed. I am kind of bummed because I just realized my Denon 2310 doesn't support 3D pass through.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've had my 844 for a few days now, I purchased it to replace a 82" Mitsubishi DLP that was near impossible to view in high ambient light (very pleased with the Sharp in ambient light), I've owned several smaller LCD tvs and both DLP and LCD projectors and I have never really noticed what I believe is motion blur till I got this Sharp, I've tried all the different motion enhancement options as well as turning it off and nothing fixes it. Do any other 844 owners notice this?

·
Registered
2,130 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman6 /forum/post/21887488

I've had my 844 for a few days now, I purchased it to replace a 82" Mitsubishi DLP that was near impossible to view in high ambient light (very pleased with the Sharp in ambient light), I've owned several smaller LCD tvs and both DLP and LCD projectors and I have never really noticed what I believe is motion blur till I got this Sharp, I've tried all the different motion enhancement options as well as turning it off and nothing fixes it. Do any other 844 owners notice this?

Curious, what has a better picture, the Mits 82" or the 844? I have the 82838 and not in love with the PQ but do love the size.

Saw another user of the 844 post earlier about seeing trails on golf balls while watching the Masters.

·
Registered
12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreaux /forum/post/21887728

Curious, what has a better picture, the Mits 82" or the 844? I have the 82838 and not in love with the PQ but do love the size.

Saw another user of the 844 post earlier about seeing trails on golf balls while watching the Masters.

Motion blur aside, the 844 by a mile.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman6 /forum/post/21887790

Motion blur aside, the 844 by a mile.

Some of this could be source related. The masters may not be the best test. Through in a could quality BluRay like Avatar and let us know if the motion blur is noticable.

However I can understand the frustration, because if it is source related, not every you watch will be pristine.

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
Anyone notice input lag for gaming? I have yet to see tests on the bigger sharps even in game mode.

I too have a Mits DLp 73736) and looking to use it more as a desktop (see full 1920 not 1804), better color black etc. play lots of games too

·
Registered
10 Posts
Would adding a processor like the DVDO Edge Green or ISCAN Duo improve the picture on a new set like this 844? I am replacing an eight year old Runco 60" that came with a processor and I got used to the convenience of a switch and one long 40' cable.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
lot of talk about motion blur and all that but those posts are useless if you are not including the settings you are using.

Us 632 owners can tell you that motion blur is almost non existent on our sets and they are close brothers.

settings people !!!!

·
Vendor
29,862 Posts
I can not remember the setting on the 735U, which is 240MHZ also, that needs to be turned off. This setting causes a lot of motion problems when it is turned on. This feature being turned on is set default from the factory and needs to be turned off.......LOL, I can not remember though.......

·
Registered
73 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreaux /forum/post/21887728

I got rid of all motion blur by going into the picture settings and turning off the Aquamotion setting. I tried 120hz high, low, 240, and 480 with no luck. Once I turned it off no more golf ball trails as I watched the Masters the rest of last weekend and none during baseball highlights. Never saw it with hockey.

I'm using the rest of the Suzook settings from earlier in thread(hijacked from the 632) until ChadB calibrates.

The size and the brightness of the TV really shine in my viewing environment.

381 - 400 of 3674 Posts