AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
has anyone tried this out?

I have two questions, one it seems that this is a trial version, will we have to pay eventually for this?

two, its seems to do a good job of finding the commercials, but its not skipping them when i playback my recorded tv, what gives?

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
the trial expires after 30 days. then you need to either buy it ($10 iirc) or install a new beta version. the faq says sometimes that will work.

is it not skipping them at all, or is it just missing some here and there? you need another plugin to actually do the skipping (drvmstoolbox).

·
Registered
242 Posts
quick run through for some reason file watching did not work for me. I plan to dig back into it again though once I get a chance. My question is in the end though do I still need dvrms toolbox to trigger the commercial skipping with flags if I do not simply delete the commercials?

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
I tried it last night myself. not pretty.

sa complains that a crash occurred when sa is launched after a reboot. It tries to send off a report to jere and fails.

the dir watcher seems to work, but the analyzer gets stuck at 2% on the first file it analyzed. it ran for 8+ hours last night and never got past 2%.

dtb is another issue. the full dtb install never completed. it always failed and backed out of the installation. I found the dtb addon and it installed correctly, but I can't find any info on it. there is no apparent way to configure it or control it.

so, for me, sa isn't quite ready for primetime.

·
Registered
261 Posts
My installations failed as well, though I did try again and they successfully installed. It was able to skip the commercial on an episode of Michael & Michael Have Issues, but everything else I tried, it didn't seem to do anything. I even got a popup to process the shows I was starting... so I know it should have been doing its job. I will try again tonight, so hopefully it's doing the trick.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
check to see if sa is stuck around 2-6%. it seems to be a common issues reported on the sa forum.

did you do anything differently when you got it to install? I've tried installing normally, as admin and with the compatibility troubleshooter. no joy.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I got mine installed and it runs on completion of the video recording but so far sa has been very very slow and on the first two shows it is reporting no commercials found. So still some to play with this weekend.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was just wondering what type of luck everyone is having with ShowAnalyzer 1.0 now that it's been available for a couple more weeks.

Are things less buggy, and are people having any success with it?

·
Registered
804 Posts
anyone have an update on this? i was hoping this thread would continue, and not having commercial skipping is a dealbreaker for me.

i'm still using Vista (no TV pack) but have a copy of Win 7 coming when it releases next week. i've refrained from updating due to the wtv issue and am hoping there's been some good news regarding showanalyzer and wtv files.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.