AVS Forum banner

2081 - 2100 of 2136 Posts

·
** Man of Leisure **
23,399 Posts
As I reported, my S1 Connects are still streaming music properly. I don't have a complex Sonos setup.

·
** Man of Leisure **
23,399 Posts
Just curious, when you say problems, what is happening? I am able to stream music from my various sources to my audio system, but that's about all I use Sonos for.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
The problems are disappearing products. My problems started with a router that failed. I replaced it with my backup which mirrors the primary in ssids and passwords. After I switched routers, things were fine, the speeds were where they should be for my fiber service. The next day, things god weird. We could get to some sites and not others via windows, but my chromebooks were fine. Then the Sonos systems started to disappear. I updated the firmware on the router which had been dormant for a couple of years and after that I couldn't get to it via the app or management site. The 2.4ghz site doesn't work for many devices. It will be replaced tomorrow but I thing that is the root of the problem. Why Sonos completely loses some devices is a mystery. The Beam and Move needed to be reset and the play 3s that were with the beam and sub were there but one was not set up and the other in another room.

Solving this was not easy and beyond what the typical Sonos user would be capable of fixing. Hopefully things will be ok with the new router. Instead of Sonos blaming things on network connections, they should also say "Maybe it's your router". I had other symptoms, but the latest firmware for the router seems to have been the last straw. I was getting 1mbs down and 300 up! My work computer on a vpn seemed ok, but browsing a data heavy site was really slow. I get 500 symmetric on my fiber connection. With the backup router, if the device works at all it is fast. My kindle touch won't connect.

Hopefully I'll get a couple of good years out of then new one. Asus is the new one, Linksys was the backup, the primary was a Netgear Nighthawk.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Has anyone extensively used an Amp (or I guess Beam or Arc) connected to a TV? It using it as an ARC endpoint reliable and easy? I'm getting rid of my Tivo and I'll be down to enough devices that I won't need a receiver to do switching anymore. I actually have a working CEC setup and would like to keep it that way, my devices are a Sony TV, Sony blu ray player, Apple TV 4k and PS4.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Has anyone extensively used an Amp (or I guess Beam or Arc) connected to a TV? It using it as an ARC endpoint reliable and easy? I'm getting rid of my Tivo and I'll be down to enough devices that I won't need a receiver to do switching anymore. I actually have a working CEC setup and would like to keep it that way, my devices are a Sony TV, Sony blu ray player, Apple TV 4k and PS4.
I am using a beam frontended with a caavo. It has been pretty reliable and I have it as a 5.1 setup. It's a last gen LG Plasma. The main theater is still running with a receiver and a connect.

I cut the cord when sports stopped and the Tivo and minis are sitting around idle. The Tivo and Roku do not play well together, I'm not sure why. Turning on cec on the Tivo helps a little but then every time you bump the remote, it switches to Tivo. I may revive the Tivo if I'm not happy with Fubo. Right now, I'm just using free Peacock and CBS with Amazon, Netflix and Disney.

·
Registered
832 Posts
I am using a beam frontended with a caavo. It has been pretty reliable and I have it as a 5.1 setup. It's a last gen LG Plasma. The main theater is still running with a receiver and a connect.
I never even installed the "hydra" update (which is nice because I don't get preroll ads) but I read their attempt at CEC support was pretty clumsy.

Does your Beam just switch to ARC whenever the TV is on? Also, can you switch the audio back to music while it's on a video input?

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
I never even installed the "hydra" update (which is nice because I don't get preroll ads) but I read their attempt at CEC support was pretty clumsy.

Does your Beam just switch to ARC whenever the TV is on? Also, can you switch the audio back to music while it's on a video input?
Yes to both. Playing music for sports is something I do a lot.

The Hydra interface never bothered me. I never noticed the pre-roll ads. But then it's been months since I looked at anything on the Tivo.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
I had to switch over to my 7 year old backup backup router and everything but the Move disappeared. Thinking about it overnight, I decided to reboot all the Sonos systems. Now they're all back including 3 that haven't been rebooted. The router is a Dlink AC which uses 192.168.0 rather than .1. I have no idea why the Move showed up. At the moment the Beam, Connect and Sub are all hard wired. The problem I had with things disappearing the first time is probably due to a faulty Linksys router that was my backup.

It's strange, the ancient Dlink router gave the highest speed test for wired connections, almost 500 mbs symmetrical.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Anyone here using the Sonoc Architectural ceiling speakers - model INCLGWW1 I believe? I'm guessing they are way overpriced for what they are, yet I'm intrigued by the "built in" DSP when the Amp detects they are these speakers.

Also, I have a project where I am planning a couple Amps and a Sonos Arc. How well does the sharing TV sound via other zones work - is there much lag or is completely acceptable?

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
I tried piping my TV through the Sonos Connect input and it was pretty worthless.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
I am on my 5th router in 5 weeks. I got an Asus and it had problems, now I'm onto a tp-link.

This time, Sonos didn't lose it's configuration. It took a while for it to find everything despite 3 devices being hardwired, Connect, Beam and Sub. I keep the SSID the same. It was working after about 30 minutes.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Worthless in what way? It worked fine for me.
I had a connect over by the TV to play music there. I connected the TV to the Connect to hear the sound in the kitchen. The lag between the TV room and the kitchen was so bad that I could hear everything twice, like shouting into a canyon but worse.

In that way, it was worthless for me.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Yeah it will only work if the TV volume is off and the Connect is creating the sound in the TV space. Sonos introduces a lag so that all the Sonos devices are in sync, but the source won't be.
Yeah, my connect is on the main stereo where the tv/projector are so it was in sync when I tried it. I'd lose surround, but maybe I didn't care about the other rooms! It was a tivo going to my receiver via hdmi with the lr audio going to the connect.

·
** Man of Leisure **
23,399 Posts
I have been using the Deezer streaming service for several years, and am generally pleased with its music library. I am still using my Connect with Digital Coax output to a Marantz processor. Over the last several months I have been getting "Unable to play song because the connection to Deezer was lost", and playback skips to the next song in the queue. I can rarely play an entire album without this error happening to at least one song.

So, I have been trying to determine whether there is something in my infrastructure causing this problem. I have a 200Mbps internet connection, a Sonos Boost wired directly to the router, and the Connect is only about 20ft away from the Boost with a direct line-of-sight (no walls or other obstructions). I have tried plugging in my laptop into one of the network ports on the back of the Connect and running Speedtest, and the resulting speed from the Boost was not very good, only ~10Mbps. However, that should be enough bandwidth--my network monitor shows between 1 and 1.5Mbps download speeds when a lossless FLAC file is playing. Anyone seeing a similar playback interruption issue with Deezer? Amy tips on further troubleshooting?

On a side note, to determine whether this is a Deezer issue, I am considering a free trial of Qobuz. Anyone using Qobuz and, if so, how is the Sonos integration?

Edit: I have switched from using SonosNet and the Boost to using my home wireless network directly to see if this results in fixing the lost connection issue.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Hi Jerry, I must admit, Sonos tech-support is really good. You can send a diagnostic report from the Sonos app and once done make a note of the diagnostic reference number that you are presented with. Then call Sonos tech support and give them the reference when they ask for it. Here is a useful link that shows how to send in a diagnostic report:-

Hope that helps.

2081 - 2100 of 2136 Posts