AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to start a thread on this unit only. I had a demo unit with firmware 3.50 loaded on it and it would flash randomly a full blue screen playing with my Anthem D2 during the movies playback. My S1 with firmware 3.60 loaded on it had no issues. Just another series of issues that I have found that look like are Anthem and Sony compatibility issue's over HDMI.

·
Premium Member
3,595 Posts
Here's what I need to know:

1) Does it decode both DD True HD and DTS-MA and send it via HDMI?

2) Is it's profile 1.1 or better?

3) Are the load times equal to the PS3?

If all answers are yes, this may rise to the top of my short list.

·
Premium Member
23,897 Posts
So is this "official" thread closed now...

·
Premium Member
3,595 Posts
Sony wants us to buy the PS3 and be done with it.

The new Panny is where I'll spend my $$$

·
23,001 Posts
It looks like the new Panny and Marantz will be the first "full boat" players.

larry

·
Registered
640 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHDMan /forum/post/13137289

Are you kidding me?...For 1200 dollars!....I am going to cancel....(thanks)...I just assumed it would do DTS-MA...Wow...

No Sony players offers this. Why who the hell knows, something weird is going on as every Fox and Lionsgate title uses this codec, all of the new bluray players that aren't made by Sony offer DTS-HDMA, so why then hasn't sony hooked us up yet, they created bluray for christs sake. Can anyone shed some light on why Sony hasn't done this yet???

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I'm a big fan of Sony ES players.

But I'm not going to spend $1400 (in Canada) for a profile 1.0 player that doesn't encode or even bitstream DTS-MA!

I hope they make a new ES soon. I'm already looking at Panasonic, Pioneer and Denon. I like Sony players, they better get it ready.

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
Some may already know this and im only 90% sure about this info. Apparently this player can now decode DTS MA after installing firmware version 3.60

·
Registered
4,470 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancouver /forum/post/13885520

Some may already know this and im only 90% sure about this info. Apparently this player can now decode DTS MA after installing firmware version 3.60
Really? Have you confirmed it?

·
Registered
4,058 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWetmore /forum/post/13885751

Really? Have you confirmed it?

Take it witha grain of salt, but the person I was in discussion with in this thread said he talked to someone at Sony and they confirmed it.

Most of the thread is a meaningless debate, but you can see by the last couple of posts why I posted what I did here. Again its not official, but if he is telling the trueth ( and I have no reason to think he is not) then he spoke to someone at sony and they confirmed it. Can anyone else here with this player confirm it after the firmware update?

http://www.htguide.com/forum/showthread.php4?t=30118

·
Registered
312 Posts
I have already done F/W 3.60 and ordered 3.70.No Dts Ma,nor will this player ever get it.They will be most likely putting out a new Es player by Sept to Oct

as to this is usually the time Sony puts out their new Es line up.

·
Registered
4,470 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancouver /forum/post/13886820

Take it witha grain of salt, but the person I was in discussion with in this thread said he talked to someone at Sony and they confirmed it.

Most of the thread is a meaningless debate, but you can see by the last couple of posts why I posted what I did here. Again its not official, but if he is telling the trueth ( and I have no reason to think he is not) then he spoke to someone at sony and they confirmed it. Can anyone else here with this player confirm it after the firmware update?

http://www.htguide.com/forum/showthread.php4?t=30118

I'm inclined to agree with you. I'd like to know for sure though. I wouldn't be entirely unlike Sony do something like this though.

If the player could decode DTS-HD MA, I'd seriously consider buying one.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Heck,Even The Sony Site Tells You What The latest Firmware Does.No Mention Of Dts-Ma On 3.60 or Even 3.70.Wait Till The End Of June When They Announce A New Es Player And Throw in Sacd.

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
I wouldn't put too much credence in the listed things the firmware does according to the Sony site. I would test the DTS-HD MA tracks. Do they sound like lossless or lossy? The difference should not be hard to tell.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts