AVS Forum banner

4561 - 4580 of 4595 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
The movies that do it are any triple layer 4k disc.
If you have any movies from my list in the post above yours please provide a time stamp so I can test it out. I've watched all those movies several times each and have never noticed anything odd during playback.

·
Registered
55” LG CX, JBL Bar 9.1
2,490 Posts
If you have any movies from my list in the post above yours please provide a time stamp so I can test it out. I've watched all those movies several times each and have never noticed anything odd during playback.
I didn’t make notes of any time stamps. I don’t even know if it would happen at the same time stamp every time. I don’t even know if it would happen without watching the whole movie through. I have had the problem with every one of those in your list that I’ve watched however. You can’t not notice the problem because it requires some form of input to fix.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I didn’t make notes of any time stamps. I don’t even know if it would happen at the same time stamp every time. I don’t even know if it would happen without watching the whole movie through. I have had the problem with every one of those in your list that I’ve watched however. You can’t not notice the problem because it requires some form of input to fix.
Got it, I have Big Fish 4K coming on Tuesday and plan on watching it all in one sitting, I'll keep an eye out for any issues.

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
@Rich 63 - I purchased mine last week.

UHD movies - Tenet, John Wick 2,3

·
Registered
881 Posts
I saw Sony has an updated model of this. It now has a /M after the model UBP-X700/M. Does anyone know if they actually updated anything and what that update would be?

·
Registered
16,602 Posts
The difference is obvious: the letter M.

😁 Sorry I couldn't resist. Your question is a good one, just unanswerable today.

·
Registered
16,602 Posts
A rumor about the change from the 800 to the 800M2 was it had an added heat sink to dissipate heat. . . but don't trust everything you read on the interwebs, including this forum and this post. :)

Reactions: galonzo

·
Registered
16,602 Posts
The X700M seems to include HDMI cable (per B&H description).
Good catch!

From Sony manual: "For UBP-X700 /M / UBP-UX70 only• High Speed HDMI Cable (supports 18 Gbps bandwidth) (1)"

also

"Premium High Speed HDMI Cable or High Speed HDMI Cable that supports 18 Gbps bandwidth "

Reactions: galonzo

·
Registered
881 Posts
A rumor about the change from the 800 to the 800M2 was it had an added heat sink to dissipate heat. . . but don't trust everything you read on the interwebs, including this forum and this post. :)
The 800 to 800m2 was actually significant. It added Dolby Vision which the 700 had coming out between the two. I was hoping the 700/M would add auto switching to DV or something big. However, I couldn't find anything on Sony's site or retailers bragging. I could find any YouTube videos about it. Haven't seen anything on this site either.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Try giving the player more space underneath for better ventilation, and see if that helps...
Might be that the decoding processor is getting too hot and that this leads to the player crashing.
I put 4 speaker spikes under my X700 and after that freezing issues were resolved.It need some space for airflow as you mentioned.I suggest everyone with freezing problem to try same solution.

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
I put 4 speaker spikes under my X700 and after that freezing issues were resolved.It need some space for airflow as you mentioned.I suggest everyone with freezing problem to try same solution.
I tried something like this but it didn't solve my situation

Sent from my OnePlus 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
So I'm having the same issues as another reddit poster:

"When going to try to use it, the unit powers on but I can't play any discs. When I select the disc in the home screen to play, it just deselects it and does nothing.
So I try to update firmware, thinking that might be the issue, but I literally can't select the Update option in settings. Nothing happens. All the other menu options in settings work fine."

Is their a solution to this or is the player done ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
OK So I am new to the world of 4K UHD Bluray's. The first movie I bought was Interstellar.

BTW I am using a Sony UBP-X700 player on a Bolva 55" 4K TV

So there are some scenes where the face looks crystal sharp then all of a sudden the face gets a softness look to it. Not so much blurry but the clarity is gone. What is weird is when it gets soft and then I press the DISPLAY button on the remote for the 4k unit the clarity returns. Also if I am not mistaken it does not happen at the same spots in the film, like if I rewind it and play again, it gets soft at different times.

So I am not sure if it is the disc itself, the cables used to connect to TV or a defect in the 4k player itself.

Thoughts?

I do not know what brand of HDMI cable I am using. I would say it is at least 5 years old or so.

·
Registered
553 Posts
You definitely need to use a Certified Premium HDMI cable capable of 18 Gbps. I'd swap out your cable. Monoprice.com has very inexpensive quality cables. Just be sure to get Premium Certified.

Reactions: mjwagner

·
Registered
5 Posts
So I'm having the same issues as another reddit poster:

"When going to try to use it, the unit powers on but I can't play any discs. When I select the disc in the home screen to play, it just deselects it and does nothing.
So I try to update firmware, thinking that might be the issue, but I literally can't select the Update option in settings. Nothing happens. All the other menu options in settings work fine."

Is their a solution to this or is the player done ?
Never mind problem fixed!

4561 - 4580 of 4595 Posts