AVS Forum banner

41 - 60 of 4251 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
That's because it's only available in DV right now. You should try one of the titles that have HDR10. Like from Warner Brothers.

If the X700 supports HDR10 from Vudu, that will be a huge incentive for me.
Just purchased Wonder Woman 4K in iTunes and it ported to Vudu as UHD. I'll check that one when I get home, but do you have any other specific movie suggestions for checking HDR10 on Vudu?

Leon McKee

·
Registered
296 Posts
Just purchased Wonder Woman 4K in iTunes and it ported to Vudu as UHD. I check that one when I get home, but do you have any other specific movie suggestions are checking HDR10 on Vudu?

Leon McKee
Blade Runner 2049 if you're into that type of movie. However, if Wonder Woman doesn't work then none of them should. Thanks for checking for us.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Blade Runner 2049 if you're into that type of movie. However, if Wonder Woman doesn't work then none of them should. Thanks for checking for us.
My Blade Runner 2049 4K did port from iTunes to Vudu as UHD so I'll also check that on the X700 Vudu app.

Leon McKee

Reactions: meles

·
Registered
858 Posts
I don't have wired in my bedroom but I can do that. I'm going to try with wireless 2.4 GHz to see if streaming 4K is handle well. If not I can put a network switcher in my bedroom and run ethernet.
gadgtfreek stated that with the wireless he hit 60mbps using the Netflix speed test so you should be good!

Leon McKee

Reactions: mnc

·
Premium Member
6,382 Posts
gadgtfreek stated that with the wireless he hit 60mbps using the Netflix speed test so you should be good!

Leon McKee
Well it took me $59 (2 x TP Link Gigabit Network switches + some Cat6 cables) to get wired network in my bedroom. Luckily my office is next to my bedroom and in my office is all my home network equipment so made a 3/4" hole on the wall between office and bedroom and ran the cat6 cable. Just waiting for the pair of TP-Link switches to arrive on Sunday. I just needed a push to finally do that :)

·
Registered
858 Posts
Edit: This post is about checking for HDR support in Vudu

Not good news...

However, I'm betting that HDR support is coming with the DV update. I'll let you know if anything changes ;)

Leon McKee

Attachments

·
Registered
316 Posts
I bought the X800 last year mainly for 4K HDR, Dolby Atmos and multichannel audio disc playback (SACD, Bluray Audio and DVD-A). It's been great. Now with my 930E finally getting Dolby Vision support my only streaming source for Dolby Vision is 930E Netflix built-in and the ATV 4K. So now looking for a disc player that supports DV. I notice Sony dropped support for DVD-A on the X700, which is a bummer. I still have an old OPPO for DVD-A. Although it's not available in Canada yet, BB doesn't show it online, I see the price of the X700 is higher than the X800? is it worth the upgrade?

·
Premium Member
12,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
I bought the X800 last year mainly for 4K HDR, Dolby Atmos and multichannel audio disc playback (SACD, Bluray Audio and DVD-A). It's been great. Now with my 930E finally getting Dolby Vision support my only streaming source for Dolby Vision is 930E Netflix built-in and the ATV 4K. So now looking for a disc player that supports DV. I notice Sony dropped support for DVD-A on the X700, which is a bummer. I still have an old OPPO for DVD-A. Although it's not available in Canada yet, BB doesn't show it online, I see the price of the X700 is higher than the X800? is it worth the upgrade?
Id wait until it gets DV, liable to be cheaper at the time. Other than that, it is really no different that the X800.

·
Registered
233 Posts
hmmmm, very interesting, tempted to return my LG up970 for this.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Well, having any VUDU on this thing is a bonus! I didn't see VUDU listed as one of the streaming apps on Best Buy, Amazon or Sony's site. Did I miss it?

What audio tracks do you get from VUDU? I installed the 4k VUDU app on the 940E, but it only sends out a stereo track. The original VUDU app on the TV can do DD+ (via ARC).

Also, can you use the A1E remote to control the x700?

·
Premium Member
6,382 Posts
I got the X700 this morning. I love the form factor because it fits perfectly in my bedroom rack. Did the firmware update and it's running really well. As far I can tell, the only differences I found between the X700 and the X800 are the remote which I like the X800 better, no bluetooth on the X700 which is not a deal breaker for me and the "BD Audio MIX Setting" is gone so by default it sends Bitstream right out of the box. I'll be packing the X800 and bringing it back to BB this afternoon.

·
Premium Member
12,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
I got the X700 this morning. I love the form factor because it fits perfectly in my bedroom rack. Did the firmware update and it's running really well. As far I can tell, the only differences I found between the X700 and the X800 are the remote which I like the X800 better, no bluetooth on the X700 which is not a deal breaker for me and the "BD Audio MIX Setting" is gone so by default it sends Bitstream right out of the box. I'll be packing the X800 and bringing it back to BB this afternoon.
Yeah, the arrows and button feel is not quite as good as the X800. For the price it will be a nice little HDR10 and DV player, along with some good streaming options.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello All,

I recently purchased UBP-x700 and this is connected to Yamaha RXA-870 AVR. When I try to play the files from USB ( with bitstream out on), it is not sending the Dolby Atmos audio to AVR.

I am really confused. Can you please help ?

I can see that DD+ formats are bitstreaming okay.

Audio format is:
Audio #1
ID : 2
Format : TrueHD
Format profile : TrueHD+Atmos / TrueHD
Codec ID : A_TRUEHD
Duration : 1 h 52 min
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 5 616 kb/s
Maximum bit rate : 8 229 kb/s
Channel(s) : Object Based / 8 channels
Channel positions : Object Based / Front: L C R, Side: L R, Back: L R, LFE
Sampling rate : / 48.0 kHz
Frame rate : 1 200.000 FPS (40 SPF)
Compression mode : Lossless
Stream size : 4.43 GiB (31%)
Language : English
Default : Yes
Forced : No

·
Registered
145 Posts
hmmmm, very interesting, tempted to return my LG up970 for this.
Thats what I did and I do no regret it. Just better in every way so far. More apps, little better picture quality I feel, lots of support for file types and it will actually get DV which the 970 has delayed for far to long.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Hello All,

I recently purchased UBP-x700 and this is connected to Yamaha RXA-870 AVR. When I try to play the files from USB ( with bitstream out on), it is not sending the Dolby Atmos audio to AVR.

I am really confused. Can you please help ?

I can see that DD+ formats are bitstreaming okay.

Audio format is:
Audio #1
ID : 2
Format : TrueHD
Format profile : TrueHD+Atmos / TrueHD
Codec ID : A_TRUEHD
Duration : 1 h 52 min
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 5 616 kb/s
Maximum bit rate : 8 229 kb/s
Channel(s) : Object Based / 8 channels
Channel positions : Object Based / Front: L C R, Side: L R, Back: L R, LFE
Sampling rate : / 48.0 kHz
Frame rate : 1 200.000 FPS (40 SPF)
Compression mode : Lossless
Stream size : 4.43 GiB (31%)
Language : English
Default : Yes
Forced : No
can you be more specific? as to which type of media file/extensions you have tried?

take my experience with my current lg up970 for example, it won't play MKV files at all, IF the default/first audio track is TrueHD (TrueHD 7.1 or TrueHD + atmos); if the TrueHD track is in any other order (not first in line), then the MKV file WILL get played, but try switching to the trueHD audio track yields no sound (as if it doesn't know what to do with it). Otherwise, it plays MKV files containing all other audio formats just fine, including the atmos-counterpart DTS-X (huh). I then discovered that it plays TrueHD + Atmos, but in m2ts format, with no problem (it might play TrueHD in other container formats as well, but my experiment stopped there). So, after eliminating these variables, my conclusion with Up970 at least, is that it won't play TrueHD inside a MKV container, specifically.

You just have to be "scientific" about it, lol.

·
Registered
233 Posts
does any of the internal app in X700: youtube, netflix, amazon, vudu support Atmos/DTS-X? lossy? lossless?

·
Premium Member
6,382 Posts
does any of the internal app in X700: youtube, netflix, amazon, vudu support Atmos/DTS-X? lossy? lossless?
VUDU does support Atmos. If I recall Netflix support Atmos only with XBOX One S and X

BTW, to get Atmos bitstream decoded by your receiver when using streaming services like VUDU, Netflix or Prime Video, you have to go on the X700 to Setup/Audio Settings/Digital Music Enhancer and turn it OFF. If it's ON you won't get Atmos signal in your receiver and it will show Dolby Digital only.

Attachments

Reactions: HTX^2steve

·
Registered
145 Posts
VUDU does support Atmos. If I recall Netflix support Atmos only with XBOX One S and X

BTW, to get Atmos bitstream decoded by your receiver when using streaming services like VUDU, Netflix or Prime Video, you have to go on the X700 to Setup/Audio Settings/Digital Music Enhancer and turn it OFF. If it's ON you won't get Atmos signal in your receiver and it will show Dolby Digital only.
I'm having the same issue. None of the Apps seem to be working with atmos (I don't have vudu account..can't test). Netflix only 5.1 and Youtube I can't even get it to do 5.1. Am I missing a setting for youtube? Hoping these get updated in the future...Atmos support at this point needs to be a priority for people watching movies like Bright or the Marvel shows on netflix. Anyone know if it's in the works?

·
Registered
233 Posts

thanks, sounds like already more useful than my current UP970, just placed an order from BB, interesting how it will arrive at my doorstep earlier with 2-day shipping than for me to pick it up in store (5 days).

·
Registered
143 Posts
thanks, sounds like already more useful than my current UP970, just placed an order from BB, interesting how it will arrive at my doorstep earlier with 2-day shipping than for me to pick it up in store (5 days).
Congrats! I'm guessing direct shipping to you is faster because when they ship it to the store they use their trucks with pre-set routes / schedules.

41 - 60 of 4251 Posts