AVS Forum banner

1101 - 1120 of 1132 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
If you feel confident and are competent, you could remove the top cover and hoover things, but otherwise, most just get a hoover (an attachment with soft bristles helps) and hoover out all the vents. And, if you want to, (again carefully) the bulb recess.
I was worried that a vacuum would send dust into sensitive parts of the projector, but if thats not an issue, Ill give it a try. Thanks!

·
Vendor
27,502 Posts
Thanks for the info regarding new models coming out in September. After research, like most people, I’m down to the Sony 295 and JVC NX5. I’m in the middle of a home redo and want to hit the ground running with the projector/screen once everything in my living room is in place. I will be getting a drop down Screen Innovations motorized 16:9 ALR screen.

Does the 295 offer tone mapping similar to the NX5?
Hopefully Sony will on the new models, well they pretty much have to to be a contender......
Hey all, just bought a 295 as my first projector. Having a really hard time picking a screen. Any suggestions on diff brands, as well as 16:9 vs 2.35:1?
I was very surprised at how highly rated there cheaper screens are, I would try one of these <<< Click here >>>

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
Hopefully Sony will on the new models, well they pretty much have to to be a contender......
I was very surprised at how highly rated there cheaper screens are, I would try one of these <<< Click here >>>
Sony is not actually offering DTM if you compare it to JVC or outboard processors. If you read the info on the new models a lot of people are really disappointed by this.

·
Registered
5,584 Posts
Hey. Tell me, if you know, please. When to expect a new firmware?
I think they will be offering new firmware for the 295 in.............

your dreams unfortunately. ;):)

Reactions: Zel41

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sony unveils two new home theater projectors
And I was hoping that the younger versions will release a new firmware :)

·
Registered
5,584 Posts
Sony unveils two new home theater projectors
And I was hoping that the younger versions will release a new firmware :)
You and me both.
The new models are the same as the previous ones, simply with updated firmware. So the term 'new' is debatable.
They currently say the firmware will not be backwardly available, but I hope they rethink that as per the iris activation on the 760.
Goodwill from and to current owners/customers is worth more than they seem to realise.
JVC seem to have cottoned onto that fact with great success.

Reactions: Zel41

·
Registered
167 Posts
Has anyone had one of the hdmi inputs not support 4k 60 hdr. My 295 hdmi 2 input will only do 4k 30 hdr on Xbox one x, ps4 pro, nvidia sheild pro, and the ub820. Was finally setting up the second input and ran into this.

·
Registered
5,584 Posts
Has anyone had one of the hdmi inputs not support 4k 60 hdr. My 295 hdmi 2 input will only do 4k 30 hdr on Xbox one x, ps4 pro, nvidia sheild pro, and the ub820. Was finally setting up the second input and ran into this.
Interesting.
Have you tried disconnecting HDMI 1 and seeing if that changes anything?
Or tried swapping the HDMI connections over to see if the issue follows?
Or tried swapping the cables between the two devices to see if that affects anything?
All things being equal, it would be a cable issue that causes that sort of thing, as 30hz 4:2:2 4K HDR will fit down a 10.2Gbps pipe and 4:4:4 down a 11.2Gbps pipe.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have tried many cables, even a short audioquest to test, and they all work on hdmi 1 but not on hdmi 2. More specifically with only one hdmi into hdmi 2 from Xbox one x shows only one green check 4k 60, says i cant do 4k 24 hdr or anything else. Plugging this hdmi into hdmi 1 and Xbox say all green(expect Dolby vision). Only thing i forgot to check was if hdmi 2 somehow got changed from enhanced.

·
Registered
5,584 Posts
Only thing i forgot to check was if hdmi 2 somehow got changed from enhanced.
Could be a 'D'oh!' moment coming.....;)
I hope that is all it is.

·
Registered
167 Posts
My heart dropped as I opened the hdmi signal format and saw both set to enhanced already. But I set it to standard and then back again and it's working!! I hope this is a one time glitch! Whoo Hooo!

At one point one of my Ruipro optical hdmi(the one original plugged into input 2 on the projector) would flicker, show pink bars and then color noise whenever I started the hdr calibration in the ps4 pro menu. This was going into hdmi 1 at the time, but it later worked fine with the xbox for full 4k 60 her. I'm wondering if optical cables go bad? It's about 4 years old. I'm kinda worried about plugging it back in to the projector, maybe it caused the issue with hdmi 2 input?

·
Registered
5,584 Posts
My heart dropped as I opened the hdmi signal format and saw both set to enhanced already. But I set it to standard and then back again and it's working!! I hope this is a one time glitch! Whoo Hooo!

At one point one of my Ruipro optical hdmi(the one original plugged into input 2 on the projector) would flicker, show pink bars and then color noise whenever I started the hdr calibration in the ps4 pro menu. This was going into hdmi 1 at the time, but it later worked fine with the xbox for full 4k 60 her. I'm wondering if optical cables go bad? It's about 4 years old. I'm kinda worried about plugging it back in to the projector, maybe it caused the issue with hdmi 2 input?
Based on those symptoms, chuck recycle the cable.
As I also said in the 285 thread, avoid hot plugging HDMI cables.

Sounded like the HDMI chip just needed flicking off and on again. :)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Since ruipro has a lifetime warranty I'll try to get a replacement just in case. But I don't think that cable caused the projector issue, i also used a new audioquest, same issue. If i get any more issues I'll pull that sucker out of the wall and ceiling.

·
Registered
167 Posts
So I haven't had anymore issues with video I have now discovered a ground loop when my projector is plugged into the denon. Unplugging the hdmi from the projector or unplugging the projector for power will stop it. The projector is on a different circuit. I have not had this before. I'm not sure if it came with the new 295 or when it happened but I know it was not like this before with my 285. Any ideas guys?

Update: i just tried using an extension cord and plugged it into the power center everything else is and the ticking buzz is still there. If i use a cheater plug on the projector it goes away. I had also stripped the system completely down and went plug by plug trying to find the buz I got everything back and no buzz until i plugged in the hdmi from the projector. Don't even have to plug it in as soon as i touch the outside the plug the buzz is back. I can hear it plenty at my mlp. I am not having a good time with this upgrade!

·
Registered
597 Posts
Hey all, hoping someone can help me right quick.
I just bought a lightly used 295es.
It is cropping off the top of the image. I am using the patterns to center the PJ on my screen properly, but when I play a source through it, there is a black bar on the bottom and it seems like some of the image is cut off the top! I’ve cycled through the different aspen to ratios, and can’t get it to fill my 16:9 screen.
It is currently set to 2.35:1 ZOOM. That puts the image at the top and sides of the screen properly, but still leave a black bar on the bottom.
Help!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Hey all, hoping someone can help me right quick.
I just bought a lightly used 295es.
It is cropping off the top of the image. I am using the patterns to center the PJ on my screen properly, but when I play a source through it, there is a black bar on the bottom and it seems like some of the image is cut off the top! I’ve cycled through the different aspen to ratios, and can’t get it to fill my 16:9 screen.
It is currently set to 2.35:1 ZOOM. That puts the image at the top and sides of the screen properly, but still leave a black bar on the bottom.
Help!
Whoa... before doing a reset or anything too crazy, did you try turning off screen blanking? Maybe the previous owner turned it on. From the main menu, select the Screen menu, then Blanking. Set the Blanking option to Off.

·
Registered
5,584 Posts
Whoa... before doing a reset or anything too crazy, did you try turning off screen blanking? Maybe the previous owner turned it on. From the main menu, select the Screen menu, then Blanking. Set the Blanking option to Off.
^^^ This.

1101 - 1120 of 1132 Posts