AVS Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Finally have everything setup!

Sony VZ1000ES with 120" Stewart Balon Edge UST screen and Sennheiser Ambeo soundbar. The cabinet is ALEX desk from IKEA. It's hard to find a media console that is low enough to accommodate the Sony. Even the LACK media console without the legs from IKEA is not low enough for my situation. I need something that is less than 7 inch height. I used the ALEX desk top and didn't install the metal legs, which works out great! It has two drawers which are fantastic for storing manuals, remotes and my ATV. There is even cable management build-in at the back..

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
Finally have everything setup!

Sony VZ1000ES with 120" Stewart Balon Edge UST screen and Sennheiser Ambeo soundbar. The cabinet is ALEX desk from IKEA. It's hard to find a media console that is low enough to accommodate the Sony. Even the LACK media console without the legs from IKEA is not low enough for my situation. I need something that is less than 7 inch height. I used the ALEX desk top and didn't install the metal legs, which works out great! It has two drawers which are fantastic for storing manuals, remotes and my ATV. There is even cable management build-in at the back..

View attachment 3077274
With that being a 120" screen, it shows what a brute the VZ1000 is!

Nice work. :cool:

Time for you to put some pics on my eye candy thread I think! ;)

·
Registered
158 Posts
From the lens shift settings it looks like VZ1000ES supports 2.35:1 ratio. Do you guys know what is the maximum 2.35:1 screen size that it can support? Also what would be the biggest cinemascope UST screen available today?

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
From the lens shift settings it looks like VZ1000ES supports 2.35:1 ratio. Do you guys know what is the maximum 2.35:1 screen size that it can support? Also what would be the biggest cinemascope UST screen available today?
have checked the manual I assume? ;)

·
Registered
158 Posts
have checked the manual I assume? ;)
Yean I ran through the manual but couldn't find specific answer to this. When I switched the aspect mode, I got a bigger image with 2.35:1 Zoom. The projected image will go outside of my 16:9 diagonal screen. Can I just get a bigger screen so that the image can fit in nicely when using 2.35:1 Zoom? What draw back does it has?

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
Yean I ran through the manual but couldn't find specific answer to this. When I switched the aspect mode, I got a bigger image with 2.35:1 Zoom. The projected image will go outside of my 16:9 diagonal screen. Can I just get a bigger screen so that the image can fit in nicely when using 2.35:1 Zoom? What draw back does it has?
That is because it will simply be using the whole width of the 4096x2160 panel. If you get a wider screen then when you switch to 3840x2160 (UHD, or any 4K media you can think of in other words), it will leave black bars down each side of the screen.

·
Registered
158 Posts
That is because it will simply be using the whole width of the 4096x2160 panel. If you get a wider screen then when you switch to 3840x2160 (UHD, or any 4K media you can think of in other words), it will leave black bars down each side of the screen.
I should pay more attention and order a 1.9:1 screen rather than a 16:9 screen to take full advantage of the whole panel and extra 6 inches horizontally :cry:

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
I should pay more attention and order a 1.9:1 screen rather than a 16:9 screen to take full advantage of the whole panel and extra 6 inches horizontally :cry:
As all consumer content is 3840 wide, you will have to use scaling and at full panel width you lose all motionflow except 'impulse'.
It is your choice of course., but I personally would go with the biggest 16:9 you can and put up with black bars at top and bottom for 2.35:1 content.

·
Registered
158 Posts
As all consumer content is 3840 wide, you will have to use scaling and at full panel width you lose all motionflow except 'impulse'.
It is your choice of course., but I personally would go with the biggest 16:9 you can and put up with black bars at top and bottom for 2.35:1 content.
Thanks for the insight! I’m on 120” 16:9 currently. It is already pretty immersive at 10ft away viewing distance. I guess I won’t miss that 6” that much.

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
Thanks for the insight! I’m on 120” 16:9 currently. It is already pretty immersive at 10ft away viewing distance. I guess I won’t miss that 6” that much.
Indeed. I think it is preferable to scaling a 3840 image to 4096. I bought this because if the native pixel to pixel mapping. Don't want to compromise it if at all possible. :)

41 - 50 of 50 Posts