AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
As of July 2020, the Sony VPLVZ1000ES (mod edit: Please do not discuss street pricing outside of deals forum) I know that it is still expensive but I hope that there are a few people on here that have this projector so we can have discussions about this projector in this thread.

I just ordered this projector yesterday and hope to get it delivered soon. I am currently using the 4K Dell S718QL projector with 120 inch Elite Screen Aeon CLR screen. I will use this screen with my new Sony VPLVZ1000ES UST projector.

I bought this Sony projectors for a few reasons:

1. It has gone down in price
2. There seems to be no UST projector that can do true 4K currently and this projector has been out for more than 2 years....WOW!!!!
3. It has 3D capability
4. I think it is the most quiet UST projector according the spec. My Dell sounds like a jet engine on higher 4K HDR brightness.
5. I am only interested in UST projector due to my set up.
6. I am somewhat sensitive to rainbow effect.
7. Good image quality according to reviews

Hopefully I will use this projector for at least 5 years until a much better UST projector can replace it.

So any owner of this Sony projector out there? Can you please give some feedback on this projector after using it for some period of time.

Thanks.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, I see why it was originally in that forum because of its original suggested retail price.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm leaving your thread open here, but I assume you'll find more owners in that area of AVS
Thank you for not deleting this thread.

I did read that thread and all of its posts in that Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+) forum. That thread about this Sony projector started in January 2018 and at that time it was really expensive and not many people can afford it and I do not think there was any owners of this projector in the posts. It was more of a review post and people just ask questions about it.

Now that this Sony VPLVZ1000ES UST projector has gone down in price by a lot (but still expensive), I hope that we have some people that bought this projector can come here and have some discussion on their experience with this projector.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This Sony VPLVZ1000ES UST is big and heavy. Look at it compared to the Dell s718ql 4K UST projector that I am replacing.

I really like the Sony projector.

Pros: (vs. the Dell)

1. The image quality is better than the Dell. The black level is noticeably better. The Dell black level is more grayish.

2. The Sony projector is so much quieter than the Dell. Glad to watch it in quiet scenes now.

I will have to do some modifying to my projector stand to make the image fit perfectly on the screen. I have to lower it a bit and move out a bit. What I hate most about changing out UST projector is trying to make the image fit the screen.

I will test out the 3D later.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,945 Posts
This Sony VPLVZ1000ES UST is big and heavy. Look at it compared to the Dell s718ql 4K UST projector that I am replacing.

I really like the Sony projector.

Pros: (vs. the Dell)

1. The image quality is better than the Dell. The black level is noticeably better. The Dell black level is more grayish.

2. The Sony projector is so much quieter than the Dell. Glad to watch it in quiet scenes now.

I will have to do some modifying to my projector stand to make the image fit perfectly on the screen. I have to lower it a bit and move out a bit. What I hate most about changing out UST projector is trying to make the image fit the screen.

I will test out the 3D later.
Congrats on the new PJ.

Wow, that is a sizeable beast. I am not surprised about the difference in image quality going from (I assume) DLP to SXRD.

The colours and sharpness should also be very noticeable once you have it set up and dialled in.

Looking forward to more observations and some screenshots once it is settled in. :cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts