AVS Forum banner

5821 - 5840 of 6689 Posts

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Yeah, I'm trying to get Sony Toronto to even listen to me with what I'm asking them about...this is a service center, not where they're built. The diagnostic engineers have asked me to provide a bunch of info.

If one more kind soul could post of a picture of their paper test, it would REALLY help me out. I promise it only takes a couple minutes. ;)

Thanks all,

Chris

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
Doesn't Sony have these rolling off the production line that they could do the test at the quality control station?
An easy test to do, but I suspect that they would end up holding too many back. On the other hand it would lessen the amount of returns. ;)

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
Yeah, I'm trying to get Sony Toronto to even listen to me with what I'm asking them about...this is a service center, not where they're built. The diagnostic engineers have asked me to provide a bunch of info.

If one more kind soul could post of a picture of their paper test, it would REALLY help me out. I promise it only takes a couple minutes. ;)

Thanks all,

Chris
Maybe @BOBCAT could help you out. :)

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
I have a routine turning on my gear. Because of the way the projector is placed (on top of a HiFi Rack UK Podium Reference XL V) I stand in front of the rack (behind the projector on the top shelf) and power the projector on first, then the AV8802A then the stereo preamp. So by the time I walk to the front, it’s already powered on. I’ll try to remember tonight.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Anyone here used the German curves for the Sony? Any good? You need the Image Director.. where do i download that software?

·
Premium Member
23,208 Posts

Thanks all,

Chris
Hi Chris
The one with the green spots is a sample from the 870es I had and the one with other spot if from the 760es I had. But purple on my A4 piece of paper

Attachments

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
Hi Chris
The one with the green spots is a sample from the 870es I had and the one with other spot if from the 760es I had. But purple on my A4 piece of paper
Hi.

Those are some very peculiar dust ingress by the looks of it. Is that what it was?
@fatherom is looking for images that just show the colour projected out of peoples units after start up using the paper test.

Yours looked pretty evenly coloured from those shots. :)

·
Registered
4,928 Posts

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
Anyone here used the German curves for the Sony? Any good? You need the Image Director.. where do i download that software?
Not used the curves on the 760 as I haven't felt it needs it.

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
Yes. Apparently in the sealed optical block.
The lens is deffo sealed. Hmmm, I bet those particles were on the front facing side of the prism (not sealed) and a blast of compressed air and a soft brush would have sorted. it.

Very strange though. They must have got in there during manufacture if they weren't on the prism.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Can someone please pm me how to get into the service menu. I found some discrepancy between the new projector that came installed with the 1.02 vs mine which hasn't been updated yet... and the difference goes beyond the digital optimiser or the iris... somehow it seems just a tad bit brighter and the whites are whiter... i wonder if it's the toggle that needs to be done... i can't remember which toggle it was already that's supposed to make it brighter...

·
Premium Member
23,208 Posts
The lens is deffo sealed. Hmmm, I bet those particles were on the front facing side of the prism (not sealed) and a blast of compressed air and a soft brush would have sorted. it.

Very strange though. They must have got in there during manufacture if they weren't on the prism.

Originally the argument was it was in the lens and then once they found out the lens was sealed then it was optical block

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
Thanks,

Can you pm me the how to get into the service menu and Arrow's instructions again? I want to check something on the new projector with the newest firmware vs mine
Sure thing. I am interested to hear your findings. :)

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Sure thing. I am interested to hear your findings. :)
I forgot which toggle Arrow was talking about that was either to be turned off or on... can you link me to his instructions? I am just wondering if the changes i see on these projectors was due to Sony now shipping their projectors with the toggle corrected.

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
Originally the argument was it was in the lens and then once they found out the lens was sealed then it was optical block
Either way it shouldn't have really been there. Never seen anything like that myself.

·
Premium Member
23,208 Posts
Either way it shouldn't have really been there. Never seen anything like that myself.
Tell me about it. You could barley make them out on screen bar one. I lived with it as well with the green issue until I watched Schindlers List. So much for calibration issue.

Attachments

5821 - 5840 of 6689 Posts