AVS Forum banner
321 - 340 of 14517 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Did you try rebooting after the update? Some people on the 855c thread said they didn't get the full functionality of the android apps after they were updated until they did a reboot.
Does 'reboot' mean to cycle the power... or something more severe?

Edit: I didn't realize this was already addressed.

·
Registered
552 Posts
No I'd have no use for USB. I'd just play files over the network if I had downloaded them. You got Amazon 4K to work? How?
Hey... Tell me how to play files over the Network after I've downloaded them. I would much rather do that than to mess with the external hard drive.

·
Banned
6,246 Posts
Is the APP 2ch sound Sony 930/940 specific, or can other makers APPS like Samsung, LG, etc. do 5.1 surround via APP?
Yes they do 5.1 confirmed Samsung.

·
Banned
6,246 Posts
The tv has new apps incoming HBO GO, VUDU,WWE,Twitch,FOX NOW,UFC,VIMEO,QELLO,FX NOW,EPIX all coming to android tv. You guys will have to be patient but things should start to roll out this week and the wait will be worth it. Android TV is such a wicked edition to this TV you guys will see ;)

·
Registered
552 Posts
I have that one it's pretty good and some others including Samsung,Sony and other demo packs some can even make you drool on a good 1080P set when you downscale them in a PC .
The most drool worthy demo loop is the Changhong TV 4K demo if don't have the link already they can be found here : Use your browser translator here it's in Klingon > > http://demo-uhd3d.com/
Downloading now. 3.45 GB for a 5 minute demo. Incredible!

Heckfire. I remember back in my day....

·
Banned
6,246 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
I have that one it's pretty good and some others including Samsung,Sony and other demo packs some can even make you drool on a good 1080P set when you downscale them in a PC .
The most drool worthy demo loop is the Changhong TV 4K demo if don't have the link already they can be found here : Use your browser translator here it's in Klingon > > http://demo-uhd3d.com/
Well got it downloaded and put on ext. HD w/ usb. It played for about 10 seconds and then said "Unsupported Format". I have played 7 or 8 from the HD. It seems the 940c likes .mp4 files. However Changhong is an mp4, but, only plays for 10 seconds. Seems like the file is corrupt. But it was a zipped file that was opened and copied to the HD. So, a corrupted file doesn't seem likely. Seems more likely the Android video player in the 940c. And once the 940c cannot play a file, it has a difficult time recovering.

It'll get sorted. Hopefully sooner than later.

·
Banned
6,246 Posts
Well got it downloaded and put on ext. HD w/ usb. It played for about 10 seconds and then said "Unsupported Format". I have played 7 or 8 from the HD. It seems the 940c likes .mp4 files. However Changhong is an mp4, but, only plays for 10 seconds. Seems like the file is corrupt. But it was a zipped file that was opened and copied to the HD. So, a corrupted file doesn't seem likely. Seems more likely the Android video player in the 940c. And once the 940c cannot play a file, it has a difficult time recovering.

It is a hevc codec H.264 MP4 file

try the HEVC file (which is H.265 MP4)

Astra - Satellite demo (HEVC) http://demo-uhd3d.com/categorie.php?tag=hevc

If it can't play these then set does not have proper HEVC codecs yet. I was looking for HEVC playback compatibility in specs but only mention of MP4 which is fague H.264, Full HEVC H.265 MP4 :confused:

Download and test AStra -Satellite demo HEVC as it is 14 mins and is 10 bits 420 just like 4k blu ray colours are incredible and is a good showcase of any good sets capabilities I highly recommend the download http://demo-uhd3d.com/categorie.php?tag=hevc

·
Registered
2,482 Posts

I'll try the same file from USB on the 930Cs when they get here tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
I'll try the same file from USB on the 930Cs when they get here tomorrow.
hopefully they come in 1 piece! lol

on a isde note i NEED a review as im sooo confused on what to buy now. and seeing them in person will not help as it will be in a bright room :( its dark room performance im concerned at. as bright room isnt that hard to do

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
It appears to be an Android issue. People are reporting that the Android is only outputting 2ch sound. I am sure it is something that will be fixed in a future software update.
Dern robots best git thar sheet together! Holla! Droooooid!

:p

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
What is the name of this Sony demo and does anyone have a link so I can download it?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
hopefully they come in 1 piece! lol

on a isde note i NEED a review as im sooo confused on what to buy now. and seeing them in person will not help as it will be in a bright room :( its dark room performance im concerned at. as bright room isnt that hard to do
I'm having two 930Cs delivered tomorrow. Don't freak me out. I won't be able to sleep tonight!

Reactions: brickyardz

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
The tv has new apps incoming HBO GO, VUDU,WWE,Twitch,FOX NOW,UFC,VIMEO,QELLO,FX NOW,EPIX all coming to android tv. You guys will have to be patient but things should start to roll out this week and the wait will be worth it. Android TV is such a wicked edition to this TV you guys will see ;)
Oh Behave! It's too good to be true, I luvs me some Droid robot swag!

;)

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #337 ·
It is a hevc codec H.264 MP4 file

try the HEVC file (which is H.265 MP4)

Astra - Satellite demo (HEVC) http://demo-uhd3d.com/categorie.php?tag=hevc

If it can't play these then set does not have proper HEVC codecs yet. I was looking for HEVC playback compatibility in specs but only mention of MP4 which is fague H.264, Full HEVC H.265 MP4 :confused:

Download and test AStra -Satellite demo HEVC as it is 14 mins and is 10 bits 420 just like 4k blu ray colours are incredible and is a good showcase of any good sets capabilities I highly recommend the download http://demo-uhd3d.com/categorie.php?tag=hevc

The Astra demo was amazing. The colors were spectacular. Really great clarity and no artifacts considering it was only 1.5 gb. Thanks for the recommendation.

·
Banned
6,246 Posts
What is the name of this Sony demo and does anyone have a link so I can download it?

Pretty sure its called paris try youtube or vimeo

·
Banned
6,246 Posts
Search for Paris 4K?
I tried to find it but could not I am sure its called Paris something though :confused:

Here are some other good ones

Reactions: timc1475
321 - 340 of 14517 Posts