AVS Forum banner
5461 - 5480 of 14517 Posts

·
Banned
3,567 Posts
Guys, I put my 65" 850 B on Craigslist....for $1300, I'm getting offers for $1100....should i bite? Taking a bath..i paid 3k when it came out. Getting real impatient as I want that 940 75" beast....any thoughts???
You might have priced it to low, but personally I would take it. People always want something off, especially on Craigslist. Also, with all the BF and SuperBowl deals coming, it might be a hard sell down the line and you will regret not taking it. If you are sure it is worth the 1300 and think it will sell, take a chance and relist for $1500.

·
Registered
17,433 Posts
Guys, I put my 65" 850 B on Craigslist....for $1300, I'm getting offers for $1100....should i bite? Taking a bath..i paid 3k when it came out. Getting real impatient as I want that 940 75" beast....any thoughts???
Ive taken major losses on tvs over the past year. I'd take 1100 for that tv just to get rid of it.

For example,I paid 4200 for my hu9000 with 5 year warranty, sold it for 2100 in order to upgrade to the js9500. Tvs lose value very fast. It sucks, but I dont regret upgrading.

·
Premium Member
12,597 Posts
Their reviews are questionable at best, for example they reviewed the Js9500 with FALD off lol, I think that site is modeled to maximize internet clicks.

Well, follow their money. Affiliate of Amazon and links to Amazon...

Reactions: chunon

·
Premium Member
12,597 Posts
Recent FW update for 930C/940C:

Sony has designed the BRAVIA® Televisions software update process to be customer friendly. This software update (version PKG3.017.0080NAB) provides the following benefits:

Improvements over version PKG2.475.0010NAB:
Good little list, and confirms what many of have experienced along the way. Especially Android stability.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I spent 30 minutes watching it and agree with everyone the 4K up conversation is superb. Color is excellent and the overwhelming size is theater like. Much better off axis than the JS9500 I had. I only was able to watch cable and it still looked pretty darn good.

It would actually be about $50 cheaper than my 65EF9500.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Ordered 940c yesterday, will arrive 12/02.

Questions:

1) What is the latest FW?
2) Is burn-in required or a good thing to do?
3) Best initial settings?

Also, I will be attempting to run a Darbee Darblett with it.
Will there be problems?
Darby should work with no problems. Firmware see a few posts up. I always run a new set continuously for ~100 hours before any serious calibration. Lets electronics settle in and a major out of the box defeat should show up so you don't waste time. Use S&M 2d, WOW etc for basic settings. Search of thread will find you others. Picture on custom, cinema with color temp on expert 1 will get up close to D65 and within 3de on gamut based upon my experience. Gamma -1 is 2.3, -2 is 2.4 and not Too bad without further calibration.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I spent 30 minutes watching it and agree with everyone the 4K up conversation is superb. Color is excellent and the overwhelming size is theater like. Much better off axis than the JS9500 I had. I only was able to watch cable and it still looked pretty darn good.

Wow what a deal for a new X940c! I wouldn't hesitate if I were you. You are really lucky:)

·
Registered
210 Posts
Local dealer has the 75X940C for $4,499. Love my EF9500 but those 10" would be nice. The stress of decisions like this.
Is your local dealer in Southern California??? What a sick price!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Thank you everyone for your opinions. I wish had some measure of patience, but of course I don't.

I ended up selling the 850b for $1150. Probably a couple of hundred below what i could have got...but I got scared off by xmas deals, etc.

Now to hunt for a 940C. Best Buy has it for 6k. I cannot believe the JS9500 is 4 thousand dollars more expensive. 940C is by far a better value.

Do any of you gents have your 940c hung on your wall?

Freddie

Reactions: ray0414

·
Registered
17,433 Posts

I would consider buying it and setting them up side by side and test them and decide which one u want. How much longer do u have on the return period of the oled? A eg9600 owner recently traded in for the 940c and he likes the 940c better, so anything is possible.

·
Banned
34,841 Posts
Darby should work with no problems. Firmware see a few posts up. I always run a new set continuously for ~100 hours before any serious calibration. Lets electronics settle in and a major out of the box defeat should show up so you don't waste time. Use S&M 2d, WOW etc for basic settings. Search of thread will find you others. Picture on custom, cinema with color temp on expert 1 will get up close to D65 and within 3de on gamut based upon my experience. Gamma -1 is 2.3, -2 is 2.4 and not Too bad without further calibration.
Thank you for help.:)

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hi All,

Thank you all for your help over the past couple of days. Here is what I've accomplished:

1) Decided on the X940C over the JS9500 & LG OLED. Factors in decision. LG input lag, and early adopter issues those sets are having. The JS9500...what a beast...it was hard to pass up, and my preference towards Samsung's artificial vibrant colors...but the viewing angels and and cost are outrageous. FOUR grand more for 3 extra curved inches!

2) I sold my 65" 850-B for $1150. Sure I took a bath, but it sold and picked up about an hour ago.

3) Just placed an order for the Sony 940C. I am lucky that a dude I know at Sony hooked up a friends and family discount. I got 25% off the set, and paid $4,495 for it. I think its a great price for the size and quality of the TV.

I can't wait!!
Thank you all again, hugely appreciative of this community.

Freddie

5461 - 5480 of 14517 Posts