AVS Forum banner

22521 - 22540 of 22566 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
May be it is a personal choice and I do not have any technical data for prove it .
I get it. My wild guess is, you just have different settings (brightness, contrast, saturation, color temp) in Dolby Vision mode and that is the reason for different perception.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
After receiving my 75" Z back in August 2016 and getting almost 4 amazing years out of it, I will be moving to a C9.

It is bittersweet because I honestly feel like the Z is the best LCD ever produced and likely ever will be. Fortunately it is going to a good home with a friend so I will get to enjoy it when I go over to visit.
What was your Thoughts on comparison between the two?
Surely you must not notice the difference of size in the 2inches ( I’ve wondered about the trade off between my 75Z9D and a 77 C9 or CX)? Is the 2 inches really noticeable or not really?

Also, what late your thoughts on the comparison of PQ? Minor upgrade? Small or big?

Any regrets or miss the bright pop on HDR?

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
What was your Thoughts on comparison between the two?
Surely you must not notice the difference of size in the 2inches ( I’ve wondered about the trade off between my 75Z9D and a 77 C9 or CX)? Is the 2 inches really noticeable or not really?

Also, what late your thoughts on the comparison of PQ? Minor upgrade? Small or big?

Any regrets or miss the bright pop on HDR?
I haven't received my C9 yet, should get here in a week or so but a few weeks ago I helped my neighbor pickup a 65" C9 from Best Buy, per my recommendation. Definitely not changing to it for the panel size, the main motivating factor for me was HDMI 2.1 and I have a HTPC in that room so wanted to take advantage of G-sync and the lower input lag. Also being a big gamer, I will likely get the new consoles when they come out.

A few years ago I had a LG E6 and while I liked it, the Z9D smoked it when it came to image quality. Having spent some time with my neighbor's C9, LG is now much closer to Sony with their color science but I would say in general the Z9D still gets my nod as far as natural and window-like image and edges it out. However, I would imagine that once I am able to get a pro calibration for it, it would be close.

So basically it was a combination of things. I had been eyeing the C9 due to the new tech and being a gamer, a friend of mine was interested in buying my Z9D (so it goes to a good home plus it is tough to sell 75"+ in general), I got a great deal on the C9 via Greentoe, new consoles on the horizon, and my bonus paid out.

All that said, I am going to miss the Z9D for sure. The image quality is absolutely amazing and the combination of all the factors above as well as having owned mine for 4 years, I basically wanted to change things up.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Friends
Is there anyone using the 1100 ES 4k player or any other 4k player with the Bravia mode?
Is the video processing better in the Z9D compared to the 1100ES?
Thanks
I use these devices but not the Bravia mode.
IMHO it does nothing but disables Dolby Vision mode on UBP.
So I leave all image processing to ZD9.

Attachments

·
Registered
867 Posts
No worries and wasn't trying to be pedantic but it is a shame that MS hasn't added support because their consoles make decent 4K BD players.
Thankfully the next gen consoles are around the corner and should have support for DV BR :cool:

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
For everyone out there that has a Yamaha AVR. I just picked up and a rx_a780 and I'm not setting it up until next week but then I remembered a few updates back there were some issues with Yamaha receivers. Has that all been sorted out?

·
Registered
6,267 Posts
I use the Yamaha CX-A5200 and am not aware of any current issues; except for the fact that I "must" keep a CEC connection between the two (so that my wife's DTV remote will increase volume) and every week or so the Sony will "turn on" the Yamaha in the middle of the night. Presume it's because the Sony is "going out" on the internet to check on something. In the morning the Yamaha is still turned on; but there is no sound because it was turned to the "TV ARC" input and the Sony isn't on.

·
Registered
6,267 Posts
Doesnt’t the AVR have alao an idle timer to turn it off when not receiving a signal for some time?
Thanks. Yes, it has an "ECO" function that allows for setting a time to turn off after "no use and no detected input". Mine was "off" and I turned it on for "20 minutes". However, I assume it will probably have no impact since my DTV receiver input is always active (the DTV receiver is always on because my wife wants the 90 minute buffer function available when she turns on the TV). After close to 50 years of marriage, I can guarantee that it's much easier to put up with the Yamaha turning on (without sound) at night, once a week, than it is to tell my wife she can't have her buffer function. :)

Reactions: pilotart

·
Registered
787 Posts
Thanks. Yes, it has an "ECO" function that allows for setting a time to turn off after "no use and no detected input". Mine was "off" and I turned it on for "20 minutes". However, I assume it will probably have no impact since my DTV receiver input is always active...
I have a Sony STR-DN1080 and also my IPTV Set-top-box is always on. My AVR only considers signal on actively selected input, so that STB does not prevent it from sleeping in.
But I share the earlier thought here - as my Z9D is not allowed to connect to internet, it does not seem to wake things up anymore. Or maybe I simply am asleep while those midnight-things happen :)

·
Registered
6,267 Posts
What is meant by "don't allow or turnoff internet"? Is there a firmware setting I'm not familiar with; or do you just disconnect ethernet/wifi connections?

Thanks.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hello everyone, quick question.

Has anyone had the "storage running low" message pop up on their Z9D? I currently have a 65" Z9D and this is the first time I have received this message. Is there a way to add storage ? I Only have apps that i use (just a few of them)

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Hello everyone, quick question.

Has anyone had the "storage running low" message pop up on their Z9D? I currently have a 65" Z9D and this is the first time I have received this message. Is there a way to add storage ? I Only have apps that i use (just a few of them)
Android TVs have a limited amount of storage for the APPS, in most cases this cannot be increased.

To help with this message:
1) Reboot your TV by holding down the power button, this will clear the cache on many apps which clears storage
2) Go into settings, go to the apps you use and clear the cache manually
3) Uninstall/disable any apps you do not use

There are more involved ways to free storage but try these first.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Android TVs have a limited amount of storage for the APPS, in most cases this cannot be increased.

To help with this message:
1) Reboot your TV by holding down the power button, this will clear the cache on many apps which clears storage
2) Go into settings, go to the apps you use and clear the cache manually
3) Uninstall/disable any apps you do not use

There are more involved ways to free storage but try these first.
Thank you very much, this solved the problem! I honestly did not think the cache on TV's needed to be cleared ahaha. Appreciate the help

·
Registered
256 Posts
Did the latest update screw with HDMI handshaking for anybody? I thought it was my Denon X4500H but I've now eliminated that from the equation and it is definitely the TV. Direct connecting my Sony UBP-X700 with certified high speed monoprice HDMI cables still results in constant screen flickering / HDMI handshake issues if enhanced HDMI is turned on.

Please, for the love of god do not blame it on my HDMI cables either. I've swapped through these, these, and these. There is no excuse for a Sony TV and a Sony bluray player to fail to handshake across 3 different very high quality HDMI cables.

I'm at my wit's end and hate how little diagnostic info Sony makes available to understand what the hell is going on with HDMI handshaking.

22521 - 22540 of 22566 Posts