AVS Forum banner

1321 - 1340 of 1382 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Still love my 75 inch z8h. Could care less about next years lineup. This blows away the z9f. I'm happy
I got my Panasonic DP UB 9000 today and I set it up for testing tonight on a TV (Z8H) that has a luminance higher than 1500 nits as I'm watching in DV Aquaman on the Panasonic. From today the OPPO 203 is SACKED!!!, Well its resting hogging HDMI 2. Let you know tomorrow the outcome.

Reactions: dreadnok89

·
Registered
348 Posts
I got my Panasonic DP UB 9000 today and I set it up for testing tonight on a TV (Z8H) that has a luminance higher than 1500 nits as I'm watching in DV Aquaman on the Panasonic. From today the OPPO 203 is SACKED!!!, Well its resting hogging HDMI 2. Let you know tomorrow the outcome.
I'm looking to get one of those blu ray players. There nice

·
Vendor
28,616 Posts
sounds to me like this “cognitive“ processing is just sony hype... but no matter what you get...there will always be something better in a year or two...thats just all tech ...if youre in the market this time of year , its always best to wait on new models to come out and 2020 model price drops... strange thing the 85z8h are again hard to find..? On another topic ..
I just bought a TCL 55R635 for the bedroom, wasnt expecting much , given the pricepoint...boy was i blown away ... rtings gave it mediocre review with ok local dimming , but being sensitive to blooming , it is much better than my 900F was , and a great TV ... especially if you like Roku.. micro led fald , impressive feature set with an app that uses your phone camera to calibrate the screen, and pause live TV, thx certified game mode , etc.. why cant sony do stuff like that on their high end sets ?
Yes 85Z8H are hard to find, but can be found. Stock volumes are always low on high end units like this. I doubt there will be a drop on this model when these are discontinued as there is no stock to support the drop.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Now this is the First UHD HDR movie that I have watched from the beginning to the end not like others test movies that I picked the time from start to finished to see if the TV is blooming or not but back on Aquaman and all I can Say is WOW.
Now I know what the OLED guys are complaining about which is lack of HDR, lack of the Punch on anything that give you a bright light. Now at the same time I used for the very first time my Panasonic DP UB9000 which I set the tone mapping for the LCD TV's that have over 1500 nits and once again WOW and that under water lightning and other scenes that 60% burn my retina on both eyes..

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I'm looking to get one of those blu ray players. There nice
Save your money and get it. Check for firmware updates. Don't forget to set the Tone Mapping for LCD's that have a peak brightness ( have 3 settings for LCD.TV's )of over 1500 nits

Reactions: dreadnok89

·
Registered
238 Posts
Now this is the First UHD HDR movie that I have watched from the beginning to the end not like others test movies that I picked the time from start to finished to see if the TV is blooming or not but back on Aquaman and all I can Say is WOW.
Now I know what the OLED guys are complaining about which is lack of HDR, lack of the Punch on anything that give you a bright light. Now at the same time I used for the very first time my Panasonic DP UB9000 which I set the tone mapping for the LCD TV's that have over 1500 nits and once again WOW and that under water lightning and other scenes that 60% burn my retina on both eyes..
You're happy with blooming control and overall black levels? My 75" comes Tuesday, really disappointed I couldn't get an 85" though.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
You're happy with blooming control and overall black levels? My 75" comes Tuesday, really disappointed I couldn't get an 85" though.
The Blooming is acceptable and now after seeing the peak brightness that a 85 inch Z8H can do I will settle for this for a TV that can give you a punch wherever a bright part of the movies comes on.
I was told from my Friend in the UK that the next movie you should watch is Mad Max Fury Road (This weekend movie).
Put it this way if you have a LCD that blooms a little and does burn you eyes well that no good but if you have any tv whatever the brand it is and has a little blooming but has a good peak brightness I will settle for that. Also my friend in the UK told me the 85 is brighter by 250 nits over the 75.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I have noticed that watching "Deep Water Horizon" on UHD ( have become sick of this movie because of Testing Blooming, Blooming ,Blooming) I did have some Blooming in the letterbox bars but you can drastically remove it buy shift local dimming from medium to high but at the same time what goes up has to come down, If there is left you must have right some where and when you have good you must have bad and the bad is on the 85 inch Z8H is if you turn the local dimming from Medium to High it might fix the letter box glowing a little but I suspect you will lose some shadow detail or introduce black crush in the main screen area.

The Black level is not as good as the Sony 9400E or the US 940E but its acceptable, love to find out what the Contrast ratio is on the Z8H. Remember I watch the Z8H in a Totally 100% dark room at night but I have Biased lights and YOU MUST GET BIASED LIGHT now if you want to have the Z8H on both sizes and watch it on a dark room.

Sony KD 9400E Native Contrast ratio= 4941:1
Sony KD 9400E Contrast ratio with dimming at high 11634 : 1
WOW if the Z8H gets close to this it will be marvelous but I think the Z8H might get to around 3200:1 but the 9400E has it peak brightness around less than 1200 cd/m² but the 85 Z8H has been reported twice now to be around 2500 cd/m² the 75 inch Z8H is around 2200 cd/m². Also My older friend that is older than me as I'm close to 70 years young has a Z9G that can do under 4000 nits but I agree with him that the Z9G light up the letterbox bars more than my 85 Z8H does. Well what do you expect from a cannon.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Reactions: Blackman

·
Registered
5 Posts
Can't figure how to start new thread so using reply to post start new thread radio button not showing for me.

Anyone returning thier Z8H to get the new X90J/X95J 2021 version new proccessor and anti glare screen looking pretty good to me hate to buy the Z8H model if the new chip is going to be a major upgrade since they are using the same panel i believe if the chip is just a minor upgrade i'll stick with the Z8H.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Sold out completely in the states it looks like.
I think the days when you say I will wait until high end units become cheaper before you will buy them are possibly gone. No doubt you did read my post on this thread on Sony 2016 getting stuck with plenty of 85 inch Sony's where the initial price was $10,000 and took 3 years to sell them,,, well I think Sony are getting smart about this and only producing enough units and that it but at the same time they are missing people like you that wants a 85 and cant find them. Here in Australia and Australia is a LARGE Country I was told only Sydney only holds the Z8H and the Z9G in one warehouse so this is the reason why when you buy a Z8h or a Z9G you have to wait for 2 weeks before it arrives to your house mainly in a different state.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Can't figure how to start new thread so using reply to post start new thread radio button not showing for me.

Anyone returning thier Z8H to get the new X90J/X95J 2021 version new proccessor and anti glare screen looking pretty good to me hate to buy the Z8H model if the new chip is going to be a major upgrade since they are using the same panel i believe if the chip is just a minor upgrade i'll stick with the Z8H.
WHY? Once again Sony have been educated by Samsung in the art of spin doctoring.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts

Possible not allowed to post a new thread because you have ONLY 2 post

·
Registered
238 Posts

Those are still low and mid range models, a new processor and some anti-glare coating aren't going to be nearly as noticeable as losing 1K+ nits, and 320 dimming zones vs well under 100. Imagine selling your Z9D for a Z9F because it had a new processor, that'd be a tough choice to live with.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My Bad I meant MASTER Series Z9J 8K FALD LED LCD 75" version I gather the 4k X95J version or which ever 4K led is below the master series been looking at too many model numbers does not have the same nit as the Master series sorry for the confusion.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Imagine selling your Z9D for a Z9F because it had a new processor,
I wonder how many have done this, get rid of one of the best tv in a century and get the worst of the Z family yet.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
My Bad I meant MASTER Series Z9J 8K FALD LED LCD 75" version I gather the 4k X95J version or which ever 4K led is below the master series been looking at too many model numbers does not have the same nit as the Master series sorry for the confusion.
If someone that you cant trust or Some Samsung rep that hangs around at the shops where you buy tv from you tell you the the nits DONT Believe THEM.
What I would like to know, the MASTER Series Z9J 8K FALD LED LCD 75" why is it MASTER SERIES when it still using FALD not BMD. No dont tell me about that Cognitive processor, Prefffff. They should call it "THE SAMSUNG LOOK" because this processor behave like the Samsung Processor that over saturate the colours like the top models Samsung do + you have to wear sun glasses because it too bright to match Samsung because Samsung does not care about accurate colours all they want is YOUR $$$$$$MONEY$$$$$ and they till now is getting away with this scam.

1321 - 1340 of 1382 Posts