AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 268 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think that it would be a good idea to have one place where I (and eventually others) can answer questions about Streacom chassis.

Instead of answering individually questions by e-mail - I will answer all questions here.

No other brands here, please.

Regards

·
Registered
321 Posts
I really want a Streacom FC5 - but want the longer heatpipes so it fits correctly on the DH61AG motherboard (I don't consider partial contact sufficient - don't want hot spots on my CPU). I'd even be willing to take a set from the initial prototypes that were longer then the retail case.

Waiting 3 months is crazy. Americans are impatient
By then I'll be obsessing over something new - Hopefully the Ceton Q (in which case I won't need a case anymore
).

·
Registered
13,150 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diverge /forum/post/21656491

I really want a Streacom FC5 - but want the longer heatpipes so it fits correctly on the DH61AG motherboard (I don't consider partial contact sufficient - don't want hot spots on my CPU). I'd even be willing to take a set from the initial prototypes that were longer then the retail case.

Waiting 3 months is crazy. Americans are impatient
By then I'll be obsessing over something new - Hopefully the Ceton Q (in which case I won't need a case anymore
).

I agree. I wanted to use one of your cases and moved on when it wasn't available.

That's just how we are.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diverge /forum/post/21656491

.................. (I don't consider partial contact sufficient - don't want hot spots on my CPU).

Hot spots? With aluminum HS? What do you mean by "hot spots"? 1 or 2 deg C difference?

Thermal conductivity of aluminum is 250 W/m oC. Thermal conductivity of copper is 400 W/m oC.

You don't consider 140W CPU, do you?
Quote:
I'd even be willing to take a set from the initial prototypes that were longer then the retail case.

Waiting 3 months is crazy.

I already answered these questions to you by e-mail that I don't have longer pipes, I can get pipes from China by air, but it is expensive. Would you like to pay for it?

Transport by sea takes time and NY Customs keep cargo for 7÷14 days.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey Zygmunt

I love Streacom cases, specially FC5 and FC8. I'm undecided between this two.

I've a question: Intel CIR header is compatible with both FC5OD and FC8 instead of Streacom IRRC receiver?

Intel CIR:

Thanks

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emaster /forum/post/21762846

Hey Zygmunt

I love Streacom cases, specially FC5 and FC8. I'm undecided between this two.

I've a question: Intel CIR header is compatible with both FC5OD and FC8 instead of Streacom IRRC receiver?

Intel CIR:

Thanks

No, unless you make some modification to chassis. Here are mounts and window for IR receiver.

·
Registered
11 Posts
thanks for the answer, that image was quite elucidative.

Actually it's not difficult to mod de case to allow that but I do not think it's worth the work.

I may be wrong but I think that the only advantage of using the intel CIR is that you can have the USB ports with no power during S4 or S5.

Cheers

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emaster /forum/post/21793145

thanks for the answer, that image was quite elucidative.

Actually it's not difficult to mod de case to allow that but I do not think it's worth the work.

I may be wrong but I think that the only advantage of using the intel CIR is that you can have the USB ports with no power during S4 or S5.

Cheers

You don't need powered USB ports for Wesena IR receiver.

Did you look here ?

Power for IR receiver is coming from power switch pins on MoBo.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
All Wesena and Streacom chassis in stock on sale until all are sold.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
On request several of you guys, we created IR bin file with SLEEP option; 260-20120515-SLEEP.bin Now you can reprogram IR to go to sleep after pressing Power Button once.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Streacom released two new models FC9 and FC10. Production will start after Computex but pre-orders are taken already.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diverge  /t/1394604/official-streacom-thread#post_21656491

I really want a Streacom FC5 - but want the longer heatpipes so it fits correctly on the DH61AG motherboard.
Long pipes are in stock. Available as an option with FC5-OD and as parts.

Reagrds

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,

So do I understand correctly - the Streacom/Wesena IRRC doesn't need a CIR header on the motherboard? It just uses USB (and power from the power switch). I am choosing a motherboard to use with this (in a FC9 case).

BTW, the Streacom IRRC web page says "Special Features: Power On from Off state**" and then "** Requires power to USB when off, see motherboard specification for support of this feature". If its getting power from the power switch not the USB header, what is that all about?

Cheers, Tom

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by thodo  /t/1394604/official-streacom-thread#post_22563911

Hi,

So do I understand correctly - the Streacom/Wesena IRRC doesn't need a CIR header on the motherboard?
Correct. Never connect to CIR! USB only.
Quote:
It just uses USB (and power from the power switch).
Correct.
Quote:
I am choosing a motherboard to use with this (in a FC9 case).

BTW, the Streacom IRRC web page says "Special Features: Power On from Off state**" and then "** Requires power to USB when off, see motherboard specification for support of this feature". If its getting power from the power switch not the USB header, what is that all about?
Wrong information on their site. IR receiver takes power for switch, from power "+" pin on MoBo, however USB connector has to be pluged IN to provide ground. For all other operations IR receiver takes power from "+" on USB header. ATTENTION: pay attention to marks on plug. If you plug USB in wrong way - you will fry IR receiver.
Quote:
Cheers, Tom

·
Registered
4 Posts
Great, thanks for that.

A couple of other questions.

Is anything required setup-wise within windows for the IRRC, or does it 'just work'?

The streacom page also says its RC6 compatible - is this correct?

When you say 'never connect to CIR header' - is this just for the Streacom IRRC? Or do you mean in general the CIR header is to be avoided for HTPC control?

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by thodo  /t/1394604/official-streacom-thread#post_22567239

Great, thanks for that.

A couple of other questions.

Is anything required setup-wise within windows for the IRRC, or does it 'just work'?
Just plug and play
Quote:
The streacom page also says its RC6 compatible - is this correct?
Correct
Quote:
When you say 'never connect to CIR header' - is this just for the Streacom IRRC?
Actualy this is Wesena IR receiver. It's design for USB.only.
Quote:
Or do you mean in general the CIR header is to be avoided for HTPC control?

1 - 20 of 268 Posts