AVS Forum banner

21881 - 21900 of 33724 Posts

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
Does the PC-2000 really extended slightly deeper than the PB-2000?

SVS lists the PC-2000 at 16-260 +/-3dB and then PB-2000 at 17-260 +/-3dB The PC-2000 frequency response graph shows a more gradual drop-off. It probably would not be useable on either but the SVS frequency graph of the PC-2000 shows 10+ more dB output at 10Hz than the PB-2000 and it looks slightly more at 20 Hz:

PC-2000:

PB-2000:

Anyone heard/had both? Does the PC-2000 really play slightly flatter under 20 Hz as the graphs indicate? Is there any downside as far as sound quality/extension/punch of the PC-2000 to the PB-2000? Or are the two models on par with each other in sound?
Over all they are very similar, like all PB and PC models ( maybe except Ultras some people said there is bigger different), only your ears can tell what you like more. Order both of them them and compare them side by side for 45 days and then decide. All will cost you zero $$$. You pay only what you decide to keep it.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Does the PC-2000 really extended slightly deeper than the PB-2000?

SVS lists the PC-2000 at 16-260 +/-3dB and then PB-2000 at 17-260 +/-3dB The PC-2000 frequency response graph shows a more gradual drop-off. It probably would not be useable on either but the SVS frequency graph of the PC-2000 shows 10+ more dB output at 10Hz than the PB-2000 and it looks slightly more at 20 Hz:

PC-2000:

PB-2000:

Anyone heard/had both? Does the PC-2000 really play slightly flatter under 20 Hz as the graphs indicate? Is there any downside as far as sound quality/extension/punch of the PC-2000 to the PB-2000? Or are the two models on par with each other in sound?
I have had and have heard both models. I ultimately decided on the PC-2000 due to space. The PB-2000 just took up too much floor space.

I would say they sound almost identical, and it's very difficult to tell them apart. The only caveat that makes them sound different is that the PC-2000 has a rear facing port, making it just sound different in the same location because the port is facing the wall instead of the room. But honestly the difference is negligible.

The PC-2000 sounds really amazing, and is more of a conversation piece than a conventional looking sub.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
The PC-2000 sounds really amazing, and is more of a conversation piece than a conventional looking sub.
A PC-2000 would give me more locations, whereas the PB-2000 could only be place in two places. I currently have a PB-1000 in one of those places, and per my ears, doing a subwoofer crawl, it was good. But if I get a microphone and use REW and it shows a better place, the PB-2000 might not fit whereas the PC-2000 might - so more opportunities.

Would you say the PC-2000 is deficient in anyway compared to the PB-2000 as far a sound?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just throwing it out there that membership in the club has increased! Ordered an SB-1000 with it arriving tomorrow. I'm excited!

Currently have an NXG NX-BAS-500. I'm looking forward to comparing the two (and also hearing them together). Eventually I'm thinking I'll add another SB-1000 (in replacement of the NXG). Placement will be interesting, too, as my room has a variety of 45-degree angles, so I'm also looking forward to playing with settings/positions.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Like I said, I had both back to back (within days of each other) and thought the PC-2000 sounded just as good. Not deficient in any way.

Everything I throw at it, it takes it in stride.

As far as the stated lower frequency capability, it does seem noticeable. Like it hits even harder than the PB-2000. Trust me, you won't lose anything going with the PC-2000.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Love my PC-2000!! It does a great job of blending into its surroundings.

Attachments

Reactions: TomC1315

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I just ordered an outlet PC-2000, and wondering about how old it could be. When did SVS first release the PC - 2000? From what I can find, it seems they have not even been out a year (Fall-holiday season of 2014.) Anyone confirm the initial release date?

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Does it move around any? Do the things you have on top of it, dance around any?

The reason I am asking is because while I was researching the PC-2000, I found this article http://www.audioholics.com/tower-spe...2000-subwoofer which states,

The PC-2000 also nixes the baseplate, instead replaced by four SoundPath Isolation Feet that are designed to decouple the subwoofer from the floor, theoretically reducing unwanted rattles, buzzing, etc. We’re also hoping that this reduces the tendency of the subwoofer to “walk” on hard floors (i.e. tile, hardwood, etc.), which was one issue we found with the PC12-NSD.

I was already wondering about that based on how the PC-2000 is almost 20 pounds lighter than the PB-2000 and more upright with a smaller footprint.

Do they move around while playing?

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Like I said, I had both back to back (within days of each other) and thought the PC-2000 sounded just as good. Not deficient in any way.

Everything I throw at it, it takes it in stride.

As far as the stated lower frequency capability, it does seem noticeable. Like it hits even harder than the PB-2000. Trust me, you won't lose anything going with the PC-2000.

The reason I am asking is because while I was researching the PC-2000, I found this article http://www.audioholics.com/tower-spe...2000-subwoofer which states,

The PC-2000 also nixes the baseplate, instead replaced by four SoundPath Isolation Feet that are designed to decouple the subwoofer from the floor, theoretically reducing unwanted rattles, buzzing, etc. We’re also hoping that this reduces the tendency of the subwoofer to “walk” on hard floors (i.e. tile, hardwood, etc.), which was one issue we found with the PC12-NSD.

I was already wondering about that based on how the PC-2000 is almost 20 pounds lighter than the PB-2000 and more upright with a smaller footprint.

No, hasn't move at all and the items on top have not moved either. The rubber isolation feet do a great job.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Played Mad Max the other day and the PC12 went into the kitchen and made a sandwich. Didn't bring me back anything.

·
Registered
259 Posts

The PC-2000 also nixes the baseplate, instead replaced by four SoundPath Isolation Feet that are designed to decouple the subwoofer from the floor, theoretically reducing unwanted rattles, buzzing, etc. We?re also hoping that this reduces the tendency of the subwoofer to ?walk? on hard floors (i.e. tile, hardwood, etc.), which was one issue we found with the PC12-NSD.

Solid as a rock on my wood floors. It does not move at all.

·
Registered
750 Posts
I know you are joking, but does your PC12-NSD move any under high output? Is it on carpet or smooth flooring?
Carpet, doesn't move. You could always get furniture pads or a small rug a black one to match it even. But I doubt it's going anywhere even when it gets good and angry.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Thanks for confirming all that. It was a no damage unit, and still was $100 off. Considering the oldest it could be is 10 months (at least I think November 2014 was when the PC-2000 was first released), it seems a great value.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Thanks for confirming all that. It was a no damage unit, and still was $100 off. Considering the oldest it could be is 10 months (at least I think November 2014 was when the PC-2000 was first released), it seems a great value.
Sounds about right, I bought mine the day after thanksgiving.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
I got it a couple of months ago. Still haven't got around to fully enjoying them. Dean is recapping my xo's in my LCR.
Haven't been following for a while. Nice to see another dual Ultra cylinder owner!...:)

21881 - 21900 of 33724 Posts