AVS Forum banner

29761 - 29780 of 33744 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hello,
Anyone try out the new 3000's? Particularly the pb? Would love to hear any opinions on this new product!

Sincerely,
I currently have dual PC-2000s (love them!) in my theater with the new PB-3000s on their way. I have some travel coming up and won't be able to run REW for a while for fine tuning, but am more than happy to report my initial "seat of the pants" impression. They should arrive sometime later this week and I have high expectations based on nothing more than price point (smh). Thankfully, we all know SVS is outstanding and I have 45 days to convince myself the PB-3000s are worth it.

If anyone is looking for marital advice, the conversation of purchasing new subs so your old ones can be repurposed into a new gaming set up should be avoided at all costs.

That's all for now!

·
Registered
324 Posts
After having ringing in my ears for two days after a Grateful Dead concert back in 1987 or so, I went out and got professional linear ear plugs fitted for my ears. Never, ever go to a concert or a movie without them. They most definitely helped to pause further ear deterioration through the years. Thanks again for the thoughts and link. Regards. Ned.
Only 2 days? I have a few words to top that.....

Battleship. Engine room.

WHAT DID YOU SAY??? (I really need to drag my butt to the V.A. and make them fix all my medical problems)

Just trying it out for now. I have watched Mad Max and A Quiet Place. The bass was crazy on Mad Max.
2 very nice movies to test with! Love them both.

·
Registered
4,220 Posts

Battleship. Engine room.

WHAT DID YOU SAY??? (I really need to drag my butt to the V.A. and make them fix all my medical problems)

Although not Navy, I’m a veteran as well. Hopefully things at the VA have been addressed and are improving.

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
After having ringing in my ears for two days after a Grateful Dead concert back in 1987 or so, I went out and got professional linear ear plugs fitted for my ears. Never, ever go to a concert or a movie without them. They most definitely helped to pause further ear deterioration through the years. Thanks again for the thoughts and link. Regards. Ned.

Your are more than welcome, for my thought and the link. Just enjoy helping others, when I can.
Sorry to hear about what happen to you. Not only this is what I try to avoid. Bad enough our hearing do go down, that after a certain age. One of the big reason, I always wear hearing protection, at work and at home when required.

Ray

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
Battleship. Engine room.

Yes you do! The sooner the better. Since the process. I would assume is the same as here Canada. Very slow:(
Here in Canada, the first time you go to the VA office, the answer is always no. Then you have to re-apply, and get a low ball number, for helping you on the second try.

I can only imagine what a Battleship size engine would be, and how loud it sounded. Since in my life, I heard some very big enclose generator engine. But nothing the size of an engine found, in a Battleship.

As a veteran from an allied forces, I want to say. Thanks for serving your country.

Ray

·
Registered
3,293 Posts
I have ringing all the time from shooting guns.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hello all, i have a PB 12 plus/2 that I purchased from SVS quite some time ago. I believe it had the first gen of the 12 plus driver. If i remember correctly they changed the drivers shortly after i purchased this one. I *think* they made those available as an upgrade kit (memory is a bit fuzzy now).

Does anyone know how to identify the unit? I'm curious as to how it compares and where it would fit in their current lineup.

Thanks,

·
Registered
4,220 Posts
SVS customer service was surprisingly helpful here. Purchased in 2005. They sent along a manual and links to the archived web pages for this unit.
Not really surprising...exceptionally normal...for SVS!

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Glad to see, your first impression was a good one:)

Enjoy!

Ray
Received my SB-3000 the other day. Set it up yesterday. Obviously needs some breaking-in time but right off the bat my ears can tell it digs deeper than the SB-2000 it replaces. Amazing what they can get out of it considering the driver's only 1" bigger and the box itself is only about 1" bigger all around. (Of course, it weighs 20lbs. more.) More thoughts to follow in a couple weeks.

PS: SVS is incredible with its customer service. They made it a breeze to return my SB-2000 and get credit against the SB-3000. Total class company.

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
Received my SB-3000 the other day. Set it up yesterday. Obviously needs some breaking-in time but right off the bat my ears can tell it digs deeper than the SB-2000 it replaces. Amazing what they can get out of it considering the driver's only 1" bigger and the box itself is only about 1" bigger all around. (Of course, it weighs 20lbs. more.) More thoughts to follow in a couple weeks.

PS: SVS is incredible with its customer service. They made it a breeze to return my SB-2000 and get credit against the SB-3000. Total class company.

Well sometime 1" bigger, can make a big difference:eek::D
On a more serious note, their customer service is indeed, Outstanding:)

Ray

·
Registered
804 Posts

Keep us posted along the way. I have one on order through BB to go with a pair of ML Motion 40’s, expecting great things from the combo driven by a NAD 758. Was originally planning to go with a pair of the sb2000, changed to a single 3000, quality over quantity hopefully. Thanks. Regards. Ned.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Keep us posted along the way. I have one on order through BB to go with a pair of ML Motion 40’s, expecting great things from the combo driven by a NAD 758. Was originally planning to go with a pair of the sb2000, changed to a single 3000, quality over quantity hopefully. Thanks. Regards. Ned.
I always went BIG as my budget on subs, you can add a second one later, what I was going to do but ONE PB 13 Ultra did it for my small room. :D I use NAD equipment for my turn table, reel to reel and CD 2.1 that I really enjoy. I was wondering how you like the NAD AVR, and it's room correction feature and ease of set up etc.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I just ran the auto-cal process on my Pioneer 801... why? because I got my SVS Ultra Towers yesterday as an upgrade to the Ultra Bookshelves. I watched some scenes from Mission Impossible Fallout and there is more presence and more detail in sounds and some more upper to mid-bass. I'm currently listening to some music and it's also more clear and detailed. There's obviously more bass present too and 2 channel music sounds much fuller and nice. I'm happily impressed!

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
I always went BIG as my budget on subs, you can add a second one later, what I was going to do but ONE PB 13 Ultra did it for my small room. :D I use NAD equipment for my turn table, reel to reel and CD 2.1 that I really enjoy. I was wondering how you like the NAD AVR, and it's room correction feature and ease of set up etc.

This one great sub you got, a Flagship for SVS for many years:)
Not that I am bias toward this particular model;):D

But like you said, buying one better single sub. Can many times be enough, for the end user.

Ray

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
I just ran the auto-cal process on my Pioneer 801... why? because I got my SVS Ultra Towers yesterday as an upgrade to the Ultra Bookshelves. I watched some scenes from Mission Impossible Fallout and there is more presence and more detail in sounds and some more upper to mid-bass. I'm currently listening to some music and it's also more clear and detailed. There's obviously more bass present too and 2 channel music sounds much fuller and nice. I'm happily impressed!

Welcome to club of owning towers:)

I always prefer towers, for that reason. Since even when using a cut off point of 80Hz, the crossover is not a brick wall. And some lower frequencies are still played by the woofers of the towers. Congratulation on your new speakers.

Ray

29761 - 29780 of 33744 Posts