AVS Forum banner

33121 - 33140 of 33972 Posts

·
Premium Member
839 Posts
Sometimes the dual F12's can be overkill. It's a pretty small area too, overall.10x15 listening area. I like the F12's, but feel like they're starting to sound a little boomy and not quite as refined.

Also, was curious of the feet of a PB1000 will fit on a regular Subdude?

I just sent back 2 PB12 NSD’s that are in perfect shape. I would call them and see if they are available. They may have sold them before they even made the outlet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
619 Posts
My dual SVS PC-2000 Pro’s shipped. I hope I have them tomorrow. Can not wait to install them an run XT32.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I have a question with calibrating the Pro series with XT32. I use the Audyssey app limiting correction to 500hz with DEQ ON. Is it better to turn off DEQ and increase low frequencies using the SVS app? Or should I just leave DEQ on and leave the subs flat?

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
I have a question with calibrating the Pro series with XT32. I use the Audyssey app limiting correction to 500hz with DEQ ON. Is it better to turn off DEQ and increase low frequencies using the SVS app? Or should I just leave DEQ on and leave the subs flat?
Are you not considering turning DEQ off but leave EQ on?

·
Registered
619 Posts
Are you not considering turning DEQ off but leave EQ on?
I normally leave DEQ ON since I listen at lower volume these days. I limit room correction to 500hz.

I was wondering if those who do not use DEQ use the SVS PEQ or use the MultEQ Editor app to boost certain frequencies like a house curve.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Received my 2000’s. Did a quick and dirty calibration until the kids go to bed. I notice a 5dB dip at 80hz. I think I’ll have to move closer to the front walls. They are roughly 6 inches away.

So far. Amazing. I read I would be surprised and I am but not the way I thought. I thought my 1k’s gave great bass, to an extent they did but now I realize they were boomy. The PC2k’s are leaner but pack a much harder punch. I thought I would have “more” bass. Now I’m getting great bass that hits harder. It’s actually a bit eerie how real it sounds.

Reactions: mthomas47

·
Registered
452 Posts
Received my 2000’s. Did a quick and dirty calibration until the kids go to bed. I notice a 5dB dip at 80hz. I think I’ll have to move closer to the front walls. They are roughly 6 inches away.

So far. Amazing. I read I would be surprised and I am but not the way I thought. I thought my 1k’s gave great bass, to an extent they did but now I realize they were boomy. The PC2k’s are leaner but pack a much harder punch. I thought I would have “more” bass. Now I’m getting great bass that hits harder. It’s actually a bit eerie how real it sounds.

Welcome to the next level!!!

·
Registered
619 Posts

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Need your help experts...I'm currently looking to buy a Naim Uniti Nova and have run into a problem with how to integrate my sub (SVS SB-3000). The Nova is a stereo amplifier, pre-amp, streamer that will be connected to my Anthem multichannel AVR via FL/FR pre-outs and Nova RCA 1 which has a AV fixed volume input that works similar to a home theater bypass. So, when I play my home theater Anthem AVR, everything would work as normal with the SB-3000 but when when I play the Nova for 2 channel, a signal would not pass through my Anthem AVR so I'm not able to use my sub. Is there a way to be able to use my SB-3000 while playing the Nova? The Nova has a sub out and I thought of using a RCA splitter but hear that's not a good idea. Thoughts?

I found this on sound & vision but I'm not smart enough to figure it out - "incorporating a subwoofer for both movies and music in such a setup is more problematic. One recommendation would be to buy a high-quality surround receiver — one from Anthem’s MRX Series, for instance — that provides preamp outputs to connect a more powerful stereo amp for the main left/right channels and lets you store multiple bass management/EQ configurations. With such a setup, you could create one preset optimized for 5.1 movie playback and another tailored specifically for music listening using your front left/right speakers plus subwoofer."

Link to S&V Q&A Answer

Nova - Naim Uniti Nova

Anthem - MRX-720 AVR

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Leave DEQ on and leave the subs flat. Building a house curve with the PEQs will not be optimal at all playback levels - which is the advantage of DEQ, which varies the amount of EQ based on the MV setting in the AVR.

Reactions: pbz06

·
Registered
619 Posts
Leave DEQ on and leave the subs flat. Building a house curve with the PEQs will not be optimal at all playback levels - which is the advantage of DEQ, which varies the amount of EQ based on the MV setting in the AVR.
Yeah that’s what I’m doing. I leave XT32 full range and leave DEQ ON. For movies I leave flat with RLO 0.

Music RLO -15 but I use the PEQ Music mode and bump up the subs 4dB.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Where is a post for asking questions about svs products other then the subs?
I have some svs speakers that where only made in a very small run (200 sets )
And I’ve asked here, I’ve called and I can’t get any answers from this fourm or from svsound tech people
So if anyone knows, please point me in the right direction
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You can post a reply here or you can send an email to our CS department to my attention.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
My PB-1000 is arriving today so I was wondering where the volume knob should be set? My F12's run pretty hot at 3-5, so was just curious how the SVS's are.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I think I'm getting near the end of my time with my SVS gear. Planning on swapping my ultra speakers with JBL Pro gear and PB16s with some PSA/JTR/DSS subs.

·
Registered
619 Posts
My PB-1000 is arriving today so I was wondering where the volume knob should be set? My F12's run pretty hot at 3-5, so was just curious how the SVS's are.
The PB-1000’s are like bulldogs. I had to dial them down to 10 o’clock when running Audyssey.

Great sub though.

Reactions: QuiGonJosh

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Need your help experts...I'm currently looking to buy a Naim Uniti Nova and have run into a problem with how to integrate my sub (SVS SB-3000). The Nova is a stereo amplifier, pre-amp, streamer that will be connected to my Anthem multichannel AVR via FL/FR pre-outs and Nova RCA 1 which has a AV fixed volume input that works similar to a home theater bypass. So, when I play my home theater Anthem AVR, everything would work as normal with the SB-3000 but when when I play the Nova for 2 channel, a signal would not pass through my Anthem AVR so I'm not able to use my sub. Is there a way to be able to use my SB-3000 while playing the Nova? The Nova has a sub out and I thought of using a RCA splitter but hear that's not a good idea. Thoughts?

I found this on sound & vision but I'm not smart enough to figure it out - "incorporating a subwoofer for both movies and music in such a setup is more problematic. One recommendation would be to buy a high-quality surround receiver — one from Anthem’s MRX Series, for instance — that provides preamp outputs to connect a more powerful stereo amp for the main left/right channels and lets you store multiple bass management/EQ configurations. With such a setup, you could create one preset optimized for 5.1 movie playback and another tailored specifically for music listening using your front left/right speakers plus subwoofer."

Link to S&V Q&A Answer

Nova - Naim Uniti Nova

Anthem - MRX-720 AVR

My SVS sub has 2 line inputs, is it possible to connect the Anthem sub out to the LFE input on the sub and then input the stereo amp (Nova) sub out to the other sub input?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: hollisesco

·
Registered
619 Posts
Reran XT32 this morning since the house was quiet. Happy with the results, I was able to get my subs gains at -9 & -9.5 in the AVR. Left DEQ on limited correction to 500hz. Sounds better now. I felt my left sub was a bit heavy with the initial calibration, they are blended better now.

I’m in love with these subs.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts

Link to S&V Q&A Answer

Nova - Naim Uniti Nova

Anthem - MRX-720 AVR
My SVS sub has 2 line inputs, is it possible to connect the Anthem sub out to the LFE input on the sub and then input the stereo amp (Nova) sub out to the other sub input?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yes - this will work. Both inputs are electrically identical and are equally affected by all menu options. Best to create a preset for each input, as they will likely require different volume settings.

Reactions: mbroadus
33121 - 33140 of 33972 Posts