AVS Forum banner

41 - 60 of 34146 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,180 Posts
Just changed my order from the new pb12NSD to the PB12plus/2
I didn't want to wait on the other sub and this one should really sound much better in my livingroom. Now the wait for delivery begins...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,633 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdguru /forum/post/0


Just changed my order from the new pb12NSD to the PB12plus/2
I didn't want to wait on the other sub and this one should really sound much better in my livingroom. Now the wait for delivery begins...

Make sure you get tracking information. Someone needs to be there when it is delivered. Also have a strong-backed person to help you move it. It is 140lbs. Or have two people to move it for you. It's much more enjoyable if you don't have to move it yourself. Trust me, I know.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
671 Posts
Yes! I received my dual PB12+/2's today. Got them all hooked up just in time to leave for work
. I'm really looking foward to calibrating them later. I'll have updates with pictures to come.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,633 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-force /forum/post/0


Yes! I received my dual PB12+/2's today. Got them all hooked up just in time to leave for work
. I'm really looking foward to calibrating them later. I'll have updates with pictures to come.

Real potential to scare the hell out of you. Have fun.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,712 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-force /forum/post/0


Yes! I received my dual PB12+/2's today. Got them all hooked up just in time to leave for work
. I'm really looking foward to calibrating them later. I'll have updates with pictures to come.

Congrats...looking forward to your review...25-31 to dual /2s...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,015 Posts
I guess I'll check in and brag too, since this is the owners thread.


2 PC-Ultra's


4 Polk Rti8's and a Csi3(Nothing to brag about, but does sound pretty good temporary)


Can't wait to hear about the higher end tower speakers that SVS plans to launch later this year, maybe I'll upgrade to those?


Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
280 Posts
I now have my Plus/2 in Rosewood
I've had it for about a week or so and it is simply amazing. I didn't think I'd find something that would wow me like the PB10 did when I made the jump from a Velodyne DPS10. Well, this Plus/2 has wowed me. I've watched some scenes from WOTW and Pearl Harbor in both 20hz and 16hz modes...found that 20hz is what I prefer. A bit more "oomph". In addition, where the PB10 was great, this is literally an earthquake in a box (albeit a fairly large box..haha!) I live in earthquake country so I know what it feels like when an earthquake starts (went through the 7.1 in '89 and hope to never experience another like it)....I set the Plus/2 where I had previously had the PB10 (about 1/3) and ran the EZset on the H/K 635....when the tone hit for the sub, it made adrenalin kick in because it literally felt like the beginning of an earthquake...I wasn't expecting it and it was a little unnerving...haha! Needless to say, 1/3 was way too high for calibration on this beast, I've since turned it back to about 1/4 (85db) and still kills any other sub I've owned...simply stunning finish with amazing sound quality. Seeing and hearing this makes me realize that $1500 is a steal for a sub of this quality. As a PB10 and Plus/2 owner, I can attest to SVS quality and attention to detail....of the limited number of subs I've heard, nothing compares. Great job SVS! Never thought I'd experience true house shaking bass....it began with the PB10, but the Plus/2 is more than adequate in that regard....those that are deathly afraid of earthquakes, beware....haha!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
128 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by screxer /forum/post/0


I now have my Plus/2 in Rosewood
I've had it for about a week or so and it is simply amazing. I didn't think I'd find something that would wow me like the PB10 did when I made the jump from a Velodyne DPS10. Well, this Plus/2 has wowed me. I've watched some scenes from WOTW and Pearl Harbor in both 20hz and 16hz modes...found that 20hz is what I prefer. A bit more "oomph". In addition, where the PB10 was great, this is literally an earthquake in a box (albeit a fairly large box..haha!) I live in earthquake country so I know what it feels like when an earthquake starts (went through the 7.1 in '89 and hope to never experience another like it)....I set the Plus/2 where I had previously had the PB10 (about 1/3) and ran the EZset on the H/K 635....when the tone hit for the sub, it made adrenalin kick in because it literally felt like the beginning of an earthquake...I wasn't expecting it and it was a little unnerving...haha! Needless to say, 1/3 was way too high for calibration on this beast, I've since turned it back to about 1/4 (85db) and still kills any other sub I've owned...simply stunning finish with amazing sound quality. Seeing and hearing this makes me realize that $1500 is a steal for a sub of this quality. As a PB10 and Plus/2 owner, I can attest to SVS quality and attention to detail....of the limited number of subs I've heard, nothing compares. Great job SVS! Never thought I'd experience true house shaking bass....it began with the PB10, but the Plus/2 is more than adequate in that regard....those that are deathly afraid of earthquakes, beware....haha!

Hmmm... went through the Whittier quake while fairly new to CA, and for the next two years, when the 240 lb body-builder in the townhouse next door ran up the stairs that shared a wall with our place, we clenched... If it has that type of impact, I'll have to consider it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Hey everybody. Glad to see this thread take off! Had an impressive performance last night. Flight of the Phoenix! Hadn't seen it before. Great movie with some great bass. Good soundtrack too, might actually pick that up. My PB Plus/2 is beginning to reveal some vibrations in my room. Gonna need to track them down in the near future.


Just checking in. Keep up the great posts!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,003 Posts
I was wondering why Ilkka's tests of the new 12.3 drivers appears to look worse than previous drivers.


I am not saying his graphs are the "truth," but he's the only one that's publicly tried and shown his results.

http://www.hometheatershack.com/foru...us-12-3-a.html


Also, notice how the THD skyrockets at 110 db and not 115 db. That's weird. Personally, 105 DB is good enough for me and that seems to be the ceiling.


Does everyone's SVS look like it has layers or different sections like in the picture?

Kind of like a cake.


"It's a cake! I know! Thank you! Thank you very, very much."

"There's a hole in this cake!"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,003 Posts
I think I killed it.


Baby never even got to open its eyes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,324 Posts
New SVS owner as of yesterday. Absolutely love my PB10.


I have the gain set at 9 o'clock position and my Yamaha receiver set to -17db.


My speakers are pushing out 75db while my sub is doing about 65db. Don't be fool about it being that much lower, it sounds absolutely great.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
828 Posts
Has anyone else received shipment notice for the new PB12-NSD? It is my understanding they started shipping yesterday....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,243 Posts
I'm still waiting for their Auth reseller in CANADA....WOOT NO DUTY!! aka "border fees
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
692 Posts
Dr. Pain,


Actually an announcement about that is coming very soon, thanks for the interest. Our goal will be stable prices, enhanced accessability, and simpler/lower shipping costs. We've been working on procedures for world-market presence for over a year now and frankly Canada was the toughest case to make from a business standpoint (sales have been quite good there over the years right from the US after all). We think the right combination of conditions exist, finally. We've been in intense discussions with a well-established web-direct reseller with a good track record of providing good service to his customers and expect this to bear fruit around the end of the month.


PS there is actually no "duty" now on most SVS products AFAIK, we ship north all the time (heck our amps actually come from there now). There are some pesky "border fees" that amount to a similar thing, and we're well aware of that small, but pervasive, added cost.


Ron

SVS
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,243 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Stimpson /forum/post/0


Dr. Pain,


Actually an announcement about that is coming very soon, thanks for the interest. Our goal will be stable prices, enhanced accessability, and simpler/lower shipping costs. We've been working on procedures for world-market presence for over a year now and frankly Canada was the toughest case to make from a business standpoint (sales have been quite good there over the years right from the US after all). We think the right combination of conditions exist, finally. We've been in intense discussions with a well-established web-direct reseller with a good track record of providing good service to his customers and expect this to bear fruit around the end of the month.


PS there is actually no "duty" now on most SVS products AFAIK, we ship north all the time (heck our amps actually come from there now). There are some pesky "border fees" that amount to a similar thing, and we're well aware of that small, but pervasive, added cost.


Ron

SVS

duty or border fees, all the same to me
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
New SVS ower. Got my pc+2039 a few days ago. 12.3 driver!!


Yay me!
 
41 - 60 of 34146 Posts
Top