AVS Forum banner

941 - 948 of 948 Posts

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Spoke too soon. Still getting buffering about every minute or two. The buffering lasts almost as long as normal playback. Have it set on 720 (3mbps), and get at least 15 Mbps over WiFi in the room with Tablo. Going to try plugging it into main router today to see if that helps, if not it's going back. Airtv on sale, may try that.

Edit:. After moving router and switch around and rebooting everything, I have 40mbps in Tablo area. Hard wired it, and buffers every 30 seconds with Roku2, no buffering at all with Ultra. Definitely a Roku issue, time for a new one! (Actually it's a Roku1 not 2)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Got an interesting question been thinking about putting this in my home as the only thing we watch on local channels is football and sports. Was wondering how the live tv and pause play rewind work on these? And also was wondering if you can watch a game when traveling or is blocked out somehow? I live in Denver and travel quite a bit, would I be able to pickup the game live say in Phoenix or is there some kind of restriction put on this by Tablo?

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Got an interesting question been thinking about putting this in my home as the only thing we watch on local channels is football and sports. Was wondering how the live tv and pause play rewind work on these? And also was wondering if you can watch a game when traveling or is blocked out somehow? I live in Denver and travel quite a bit, would I be able to pickup the game live say in Phoenix or is there some kind of restriction put on this by Tablo?
No BO restrictions when you travel. The one caveat is you do need decent bandwidth up to enable usage.

The Tablo works as a streaming server that connects through an app that is loaded on your Roku/Phone/AndroidTV, there is NO HDMI connection, meaning you can locate it anywhere in the house as long as you can get an antenna connected to it.

Pause/Play/Rewind is based on thumbnails that are automatically created as the recording is made.

I've had mine for 2+ years and do not hesitate to recommend to anyone, my most common use is football/hockey and soccer.

·
Registered
19 Posts
No BO restrictions when you travel. The one caveat is you do need decent bandwidth up to enable usage.

The Tablo works as a streaming server that connects through an app that is loaded on your Roku/Phone/AndroidTV, there is NO HDMI connection, meaning you can locate it anywhere in the house as long as you can get an antenna connected to it.

Pause/Play/Rewind is based on thumbnails that are automatically created as the recording is made.

I've had mine for 2+ years and do not hesitate to recommend to anyone, my most common use is football/hockey and soccer.
After reading this review decided to go to Best Buy and Walmart to get this setup. Its working fantastically! So glad I didn't spend money on a TiVo. Looking forward to Sunday and see how this works on with football.

·
Registered
58 Posts
DVR+ to TABLO

My beloved DVR+ gave up the goat this week. I got my new TABLO yesterday, it is connected to a new Sony Bravia tv with the best remote control I have every used. Setup was completed using the remote control, a cell phone or tablet was not needed. The remote controls all Tablo functions including Sony DVD. After years of 3 or 4 remotes I'm down to ONE remote and a new great DVR.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
My beloved DVR+ gave up the goat this week. I got my new TABLO yesterday, it is connected to a new Sony Bravia tv with the best remote control I have every used. Setup was completed using the remote control, a cell phone or tablet was not needed. The remote controls all Tablo functions including Sony DVD. After years of 3 or 4 remotes I'm down to ONE remote and a new great DVR.
The Tablo TV DVR is an excellent OTA option. Coax to the antenna, hardwire to an AC router, and AC streamers put broadcast television on your TVs for a couple hundred bucks and minimal effort.

I am a HUGE fan of the single remote solution. I'm also a HUGE fan of the single input solution. The streamer meets that goal -- albeit inelegantly is most cases. Which streamer are you using?
Hopefully, Tablo TV will integrate ATSC 3.0 into their current app...

Nuvyyo says they will continue to make their current line of DVRs but are looking into a device that would support both the current over-the-air TV standard and the next-gen ATSC 3.0 standard. Nuvyyo even went as far as to hint that they may have something to show off at the Consumer Electronics Show in 2021.​
Given the way TTV integrates two ATSC 1.0 units, I am not sure their ATSC 3.0 solution will satisfy a one remote guy like yourself...

You will need to switch between Tablo A and Tablo B (using the disconnect button in your Tablo apps) to set recordings or view recordings since each Tablo will maintain its own separate database. That’s why two-Tablo families often dedicate a DVR to a specific family member, group, or content type.

·
Registered
443 Posts
DVR+ to TABLO

Could you also post your feedback on your DVR+ vs. Tablo experiences over in the Former DVR+ Users forum:

h t t p s://www.avsforum.com/threads/former-channel-master-dvr-users-thread.3029164​

so that folks that frequent there could also benefit.

Thanks,

Scott

941 - 948 of 948 Posts