AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 302 Posts

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Présentation officielle caractéristiques SONY VPL-HW50ES.pdf 919k .pdf file http://www.cinetson.org/phpBB3/projecteurs-f2/sony-vpl-hw50es-ifa-berlin-2012-successeur-hw30es-t36045.html

SONY will come out only with one new projector at IFA BERLIN 2012 this year. It's the successor of the HW30ES.

The projector will come out at the end of October 2012 for around 3000 euros

Design is the same, the contraste ratio (with iris) will be increase up to 100 000:1

This is still a 3D projector that will be use the same glasses as the VW95 and the HW30ES.

Another modification concern the 3D transmetter that will have a more powerful range of action and will be integrate.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Ship at end of October?!

Will NA get the same ship time?

OMG, I'm so struggled to decided if I should get HW30 now or let my HT wait for more 3 month to get HW50. This is killing me.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't have expect shipping time for the states, but I guess it will be the same as in Europe.

By the way I confirm that it will be only one new Sony home cinema Projector at the IFA SHOW in Berlin.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
So the projector will be available only as the 40ES was packaged as the 40AES. Now it will be the 50ES and only sold with the glasses but without the external emitter that was I included in the 40AES package since the new unit has a built in emitter.

·
Registered
769 Posts
I REALLY hope the native contrast is increased significantly. This was a slight disappointment with this projector (the hw30). Yes, the iris worked very well in the hw30, but I always run my projectors without the iris, because I have yet to see a projector that I can't detect it working, even if it's really "good".

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
It is no longer 40 or 50. HW80 is the (new) preliminary designation for the HW 30 replacement.

Epson will launch an entry-level projector to replace the 6000, wich will have lensshift. The 9000 will remain in the line-up.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So donald I think at the end it's still the HW50ES

PS : And the Epson 9000 live is last days, he will be replace by the EH-TW9100W/9100

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Présentation officielle caractéristiques SONY VPL-HW50ES.pdf 919k .pdf file

And here is a little gift for you guys in english

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I love ignorant ad speak. The brouchure says the VPL-HW50ES uses the same color management system used in the VPL-vw1000ES. It then talks briefly about the system used in the 50 (which is in fact used in certain other Sony projectors and flat panels). The problem with the ad speak is that even the most casual of observers here at AVS knows the VPL-vw1000ES doesn't have a CMS. NONE. NADA. ZIP!

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
All they need to do is to change the model referred to from the 1000ES to the 95ES. I am sure it wasn't deliberate. The copy writer obviously has never played with a 1000ES.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Anyway. The germans dealers will have a demo of the HW50ES in Germany of course, the 18th of September and after people from France will have the opportunity to see it in Paris by the end of the month.

·
Registered
4,411 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraine  /t/1420975/official-thread-sony-vpl-hw50es-new-sxrd-projector-ifa-berlin-2012#post_22365102

So donald I think at the end it's still the HW50ES

PS : And the Epson 9000 live is last days, he will be replace by the EH-TW9100W/9100

Yep, and the entry level unit still hasn't got lens shift, there's a new model between the 5910/6010 and the 9110, the 8100, that does have lens shift.

Good to hear you like the ACER. Did you see the Viewsonic 1080P Hybrid that was announced at CES and also shown at ISE, or wasn't that at IFA?

1 - 20 of 302 Posts