AVS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 3761 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidHir /forum/post/11485506

All I know is my A2 was not double boxed as promised from VE when I ordered a while back - didn't exactly make me happy.

Yup, I remember ordering an expensive piece of electronics from Robert (A TIVO HD receiver). It was supposed to be double boxed. It not only came with no double box, but the box was beat to hell. Ironically, the equipment worked just fine and I have never had any problem with it.

·
Banned
9,076 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatse /forum/post/11483781

so basically A35 is AX2 with out the Recon??

The ABT chip could do a better job than the Reon. We will not know until they are on the market.

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
What are the "Free" gifts?

I see pretty good price jumps, and I see a DBL box(SHOULD be MANDATORY IMO), hdmi cable, and a 5" BW tv........

I see nothing "Free" really......

Maybe I'm not seeing something here...........

·
Registered
679 Posts
Robert:

With the current Toshiba promo for 5 free HDDVDs ending on Sept 30th, and the new one starting Oct 1st, how will this work with your G3s?

What I mean is, the current promo applies to HD-A2/A20/XA2 - not the 3rd gen models. If you ship the A3/A30 preorders in September, they don't qualify for this promo, and the purchase date on them is too early to qualify for the new promo.

How will this work?

Thanks

·
Registered
100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damed /forum/post/11543339

Robert:

With the current Toshiba promo for 5 free HDDVDs ending on Sept 30th, and the new one starting Oct 1st, how will this work with your G3s?

What I mean is, the current promo applies to HD-A2/A20/XA2 - not the 3rd gen models. If you ship the A3/A30 preorders in September, they don't qualify for this promo, and the purchase date on them is too early to qualify for the new promo.

How will this work?

Thanks

I was also wondering that because I preordered mine yesterday from VE...

·
Registered
5,090 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJWV /forum/post/11543406

I was also wondering that because I preordered mine yesterday from VE...

If he operates his business like most, he will invoice you when it ships...thus your purchase date = invoice date = ship date. Just a matter of using the correct form.

Just my guess

·
Registered
80 Posts
The **************** page says:

" Buyers Choice, Pick One or More If You Dare...

Buy any of the following Toshiba 42" or larger flat panel HDTV and take an additional discount of up to $500."

Does that mean if I buy an A30 ($350) and a 42" Toshiba LCD ($1249) I'm out the door for ~$1100.???

·
Registered
679 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigesh /forum/post/11547080

The current rebate coupon doesn't enlist 3rd generation model.

I know, that's my question. VE is scheduled to ship G3 Toshibas to customers in September. The current promo (that runs through September) doesn't apply to the G3s.

The promo that DOES apply to the G3s doesn't start until October.

So the question is, are the people who preorder the G3s and get them in Sept SOL for the 5 free discs?

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Some package deal they got there... who care about hdmi cables and what-the-heck-B&W TV BS but one need to pay $35-$45 for doubled-box?? but shipping is free...

LOL, is this a joke?? Last time i checked, free shipping means free shipping & doubled-box comes standard. You pay extra for faster shipping not double-freaking box.

·
Banned
4,969 Posts
Damed, Only the HD-A30 will ship this month, in fact, they are likely to ship next week. The A3 are scheduled to ship Monday 10/01/07 and A35's by the end of October or a little sooner. Anyone buying a A30 will have their choice of which 5 title mail-in rebate they want. Since only A30 customers will have this option I will communicate directly with every A30 customer on how we'll take care of selecting their rebate.

roger_richards, the additional 10% discount only applies to the TV.

zeroendless, we wanted to give forum members several special discounted choices to select from. The second option costs an additional $30 over the first option and offers a premium HDMI cable, a portable B&W TV and double boxing the entire order.

We are sincerely working hard to provide the deepest discount prices, add value and choices to match as many customers needs and likes as possible. Many forum members took advantage of all four options so for us and for the vast majority of forum members the varied offers were received very well.

-Robert

·
Registered
1,436 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTV TiVo Dealer /forum/post/11551490

zeroendless, we wanted to give forum members several special discounted choices to select from. The second option costs an additional $30 over the first option and offers a premium HDMI cable, a portable B&W TV and double boxing the entire order.

We are sincerely working hard to provide the deepest discount prices, add value and choices to match as many customers needs and likes as possible. Many forum members took advantage of all four options so for us and for the vast majority of forum members the varied offers were received very well.

-Robert

How about an option with base price with no 'extra' $30 accessories, doubled-box come standard?

No offend, that $30-$45 is charging for double-box alone. That how i see your business practice, Who's in their right mind paying for that unnecessary accessories. They just want to ensure a better packaging.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I have not purchased anything from VE but Robert seems to be a standup fellow and I would do bussiness with him but if you check as I did recently on a PJ mount I wanted he is like all dealers at some point is not the cheapest. He has given you an option either you take it or you don't who else is doing any better and at first release on an idem that is sure to be a hot idem. He could have just charged the higher price and let it be.

·
Registered
86 Posts
So if I buy an A30 right now I will get it by the end of the month(live in SC) with Bourne Identity and 300 in the box. Plus I will be eligiable for the new 5 free DVD deal?

·
Registered
1,436 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjohn /forum/post/11554929

He has given you an option either you take it or you don't who else is doing any better and at first release on an idem that is sure to be a hot idem. He could have just charged the higher price and let it be.

I don't know about hot-item, just another sucker-upgrade for another generation of hi-def player with nearly 1.5 generation new player per year...

I get 25% off the super-duper dazzling hot Integra 9.8 pre-pro with no trick what-so-ever... Now that's a straight forward discount, if only Integra can keep up with the huge demand. I don't bend over for $30-$45 dollars double-boxed with a trick, just value my opinion.

21 - 40 of 3761 Posts