21 - 40 of 240 Posts

·
Registered
4,609 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightWatcher /forum/post/0

Saw this posted on another forum, thought I'd share:

Toshiba HD DVD Firmware ISO Downloads

They also list other firmware downloads as well for a number of Toshiba DLP and Plasma HDTVs. Let's hope the images are posted as soon as new firmware is released.

Thanks. Its on the Toshiba Canada web site but is it OK to use on the US models, particularly the HD-D2 from Costco?

·
Registered
362 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldorfSalad /forum/post/0

Thanks. Its on the Toshiba Canada web site but is it OK to use on the US models, particularly the HD-D2 from Costco?

Yes. D2 and A2 are the same!

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Does Toshiba have a US iso downloads website?

jcg

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightWatcher /forum/post/0

Saw this posted on another forum, thought I'd share:

Toshiba HD DVD Firmware ISO Downloads

They also list other firmware downloads as well for a number of Toshiba DLP and Plasma HDTVs. Let's hope the images are posted as soon as new firmware is released.

·
Registered
5,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcg /forum/post/0

Does Toshiba have a US iso downloads website?

jcg

Not that I'm aware of.

Btw, latest updates are now available.

·
Registered
104 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hd nOOb /forum/post/0

This link may help as well.

---------------- Toshiba Disk Creator --------------------

Windows Xp

http://askiris.toshiba.com/ToshibaSu...%200%208797788

Windows Vista

http://askiris.toshiba.com/ToshibaSu...%200%208797921

------------------ Additional Help ---------------------------

http://209.167.114.38/support//ceg/t...-tsb000026.htm

Thank you thank you. I have been looking for this all over the place.

Hope it works better than nero.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MORPHIII /forum/post/0

Forget it, it didn't work again. I kept getting Error Code 2007c00F.

What the hell is going on?

I had the same error. The player is having a hard time reading the CD.

Got past it by trying different burning software and burning at a slower speed. Nero 7 at 8x didn't work. ISO Recorder at 2x did. Go figure.

ISO Recorder

·
Registered
1,246 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wittangamo /forum/post/0

I had the same error. The player is having a hard time reading the CD.

Got past it by trying different burning software and burning at a slower speed. Nero 7 at 8x didn't work. ISO Recorder at 2x did. Go figure.

ISO Recorder

The quality of the Burner and CD/DVDs will effect readability. I always burn 2 or 3 steps down from max rating of CD/DVD media.

...Angelo

·
Registered
7,755 Posts
It seems tht the Toshiba disk creator will only work with certain Toshiba notbooks. Use "Burn at Once" it will work every time. I like it much better than Nero for burning ISO files. It is free and you should not get any costers. Use a slow burning speed.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
^^^ I double-click ISO files and Nero would start-up and burn correctly. I'm currently using Nero v7.5.9. Also have Finalize-Disk selected too.

What problems have you run into?

...Angelo

·
Registered
330 Posts
If anyone needs an official update disk just PM me, I have no problems passing it on.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I have made 3 copies of the ISO files on CD-r disks and still keep getting an error 2007... message. After screwing around with it for about an hour last night and never successfully updating it just had to give up before I smashed it into a million pieces with a hammer. I wish they would come out with a player that just works, all the money that I have thrown away on this toshiba garbage is making me sick. I would have gladly spent the 2000.00 that I have waisted already looking for a player that doesn't need firm ware updates for every new release that comes out on just one player that works all the time. Any way after trying over and over last night my player finally just locked up and wouldn't respond to anything and I had to pull the plug to turn it off because holding the power button down didn't work either. Then when I gave up and put a movie in the screen went black and it would not respond again. Finally after a couple more tries I got it to play a movie which was surprising because it was a Universal title and it played through ok this time? I have tried NERO and BURNATONCE and they both didnt work?

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
I feel your pain. It is frustrating. But, as has been said before, it's simply a matter of getting an ISO burn that's clean enough for the player to read error-free. Sometimes it's the brand or type of disc you're using. sometimes the software, sometimes the burn speed.

The lockup you report is typical following the error message. You just have to unplug the player and start over.

The official Toshiba firmware disc will work first time, every time. But if you don't feel like waiting weeks for it to arrive, you need patience.

If burning your own ISO doesn't work, maybe it would be easier to move the player to the PC and update over the net.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
go to the apple store w/ a cd-r, download the ISO,

then open w/ apple disk utility (in the utilities folder),

then hit 'burn'. (pop in a blank cd-r when prompted).

thank apple staff, go home, update toshiba hd-dvd player

works everytime!! 8^}

·
Premium Member
14,628 Posts
thanks.

I have a few friends without broadband connections. They are happy now.

·
Registered
637 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosty /forum/post/0

I have a few friends without broadband connections. They are happy now.

I hope they are not G1 owners, because those downloads seem to have been removed.

21 - 40 of 240 Posts