AVS Forum banner

21601 - 21620 of 64785 Posts

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Okay, now onto something just as frustrating as HDR10 functionality taking its sweet time. :p

I just upgraded 8 year-old receiver to the Pioneer SC-95. However, I have everything working the way it should except ARC. Go figure, huh? :rolleyes: Any tips/pointers on how to get ARC working on the Vizio? I only have ARC enabled on both devices. I couldn't find an option to map ARC to an input on the SC-95 and it didn't show the Vizio as a device it was talking to in the setup menu.

My, how receiver tech has evolved in the 8 years since my old one. I now have a real GUI! Well, any help would be much appreciated!

EDIT - Oh, and yes, I've already read the part about ARC in the first post. :D
Your remote should have an option that says tv on it for the receiver. That is the input.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
I just had an email exchange with Matt McRae. He's given me the thumbs-up to post....

"We are extremely close. I was OOO last week and we are working on a big corporate matter which has stolen a couple of cycles.

HDR10 is working but we are seeing a couple of odd performance issues on 2 Bluray titles… not sure if it is the way they are mastered or if the metadata is formatted as expected. Sat in a lab yesterday for an hour looking at side by side PQ analysis.

Should have been out too weeks ago but a bunch more fixes will be in this drop as well."

Matt

This will lead on Page 1, post 1 until there's something more. He was gracious enough to respond to an email I'd sent a few days ago. Thanks Matt!
Thanks for the update!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
650 Posts
Well that's overall pretty positive. I'd bet my bottom dollar one of the titles they're having issues with is Mad Max.

It has night and day different color/tone mapping between the Samsung and Philips player and the color seems oddly formatted in general. I imagine that could manifest strange issues.

-Vader

·
Registered
74 Posts
I just had an email exchange with Matt McRae. He's given me the thumbs-up to post....

"We are extremely close. I was OOO last week and we are working on a big corporate matter which has stolen a couple of cycles.

HDR10 is working but we are seeing a couple of odd performance issues on 2 Bluray titles… not sure if it is the way they are mastered or if the metadata is formatted as expected. Sat in a lab yesterday for an hour looking at side by side PQ analysis.

Should have been out too weeks ago but a bunch more fixes will be in this drop as well."

Matt

This will lead on Page 1, post 1 until there's something more. He was gracious enough to respond to an email I'd sent a few days ago. Thanks Matt!
Thank you as usual Thomas, I appreciate you keeping us informed.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts

Matt

Over in the 4K HDR thread there was discussion that a few HDR titles were mastered with the wrong color options or something. They had to set the player to a different setting than the Tv (YBR vs RGB) to make it look right. I wonder if this is what they are seeing as well.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I have my P50-C1 connected to an Onkyo receiver with ARC and CEC enabled. My receiver shows up OK on the display screen as it's model number. I also see the volume adjustment flashed on the screen when I change volume with my Directv remote(receiver programmed into that remote). Only have two issues I like to be resolved:

1. Cannot use Directv remote to bring receiver out of standby mode(off), also does not turn receiver off.
2. When done casting to screen and returning to Directv, receiver displays 'TV' as the input, rather than going back to Directv cable box as input.

This forces me to have three remotes; Directv, tablet(or phone with apps), and Onkyo remote.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
Over in the 4K HDR thread there was discussion that a few HDR titles were mastered with the wrong color options or something. They had to set the player to a different setting than the Tv (YBR vs RGB) to make it look right. I wonder if this is what they are seeing as well.

Yes the Lionsgate ones.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts

Matt

take this to that other thread and kill it please!

·
Registered
3,459 Posts

Matt
Thanks Matt and Thomas! Now I'll pull the trigger on the Philips UHD player :D

·
Registered
1,038 Posts

Matt

Thomas,

If you find the time would you please ask Matt if the P75 screen tearing is going to make it in the next firmware? I've asked a couple times over the past 30 days with no response.

·
Registered
40 Posts

Matt

Was the word "too" written intentionally, as opposed to two? The two different spellings can imply entirely different connotations.

·
Premium Member
1,691 Posts
Thanks for the update Thomas!

Thanks Matt and Thomas! Now I'll pull the trigger on the Philips UHD player :D
Why would you buy the Philips over a Xbox One S???? Bitstreaming? Remote? 2 week availability? Something else?

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Thomas,

If you find the time would you please ask Matt if the P75 screen tearing is going to make it in the next firmware? I've asked a couple times over the past 30 days with no response.
It sounds like the next update is going to be a big one. Not just HDR10, but a lot of fixes. IIRC, that was brought to Matt's attention a few weeks ago and he said they were working on it.

·
Registered
492 Posts

Matt

Thank you @thomasfxlt for sharing this information with us. :) It is perfect that you added this to the top of Post 1. Now if someone asks we can just respond. Post 1.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts

HDR10 is working but we are seeing a couple of odd performance issues on 2 Bluray titles? not sure if it is the way they are mastered or if the metadata is formatted as expected. Sat in a lab yesterday for an hour looking at side by side PQ analysis.

Matt

In the master list thread housed by the HDR forum of AVS, there is mention of two titles appearing washed out and that switching to RGB has been a fix. Matt basically said that HDR10 firmware was complete. It has been obvious from my understanding that the update wouldn't just consist of a solely HDR10 update. Also there has never been anything technically in the way of the firmware being created, because the HDMI 2.0 spec is modifiable with software.

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
This is good timing on the HDR news... the P65's have landed in Toronto...well, the delivery warehouse anyhow. Unless it shows up tomorrow morning I won't likely get mine until next week. I hope Costco's delivery service at least calls before just showing up given we ordered the product almost a month ago, and they haven't returned calls to any of us the last week!

·
Premium Member
1,526 Posts
Perfect update. I'll trust Matt's reply over the other service rep response in the other thread. Sounds eminent. Thanks!

Lots more fixes sounds great too. Would love to see ARC actually work for bitstreamjng as I expect some continued effort has been put into that.

21601 - 21620 of 64785 Posts