AVS Forum banner

38161 - 38180 of 64797 Posts

·
Coyote Waits
27,239 Posts
Yeah, that's exactly why I'm waiting for the OLED 77" to come down below $10K for my next purchase. I really enjoy this TV but there are some glaring flaws that can't be helped due to the tech.
I have a friend waiting for a 150" OLED at an affordable price. ;)

·
Registered
28 Posts
I miss FW 2.2.7.4 I had zero issues. I don't mind being part of a beta when its active. Just bad timing I guess with the holidays. We should have had HDR10/HDMI and CAST months ago....
Well with CES over with now, hopefully we'll get an update from Matt this week regarding full release of the firmware. This is going on complete speculation of course as I have zero evidence or knowledge of what is happening in the test labs at Vizio.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
So Google cast is completely broken on my new set, no matter what I try my TV just isn't recognized and I cannot therefore cast to it. Hitting the pairing button on the remote just brings me to a black screen that requires me to power off the TV to get rid of.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Nits and HDR

Hi, I was wondering to get some opinions. I am hearing a lot of talk about increased nits and lumens on these new tvs that come out like the samsung. Having 1500 nits and being UHD certified because it is over 1000.
Where does our P series stand with all this? Is this TV fully functional in regards to HDR?
I really only bought this TV for the Vision and HDR for UHD discs and streaming UHD content.
Where is this tv standing these days with this talk of peak brightness? I am really unsure about the topic and thought I was ask for some input.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Well my next issue is the Cast wont work. When I choose "Cast" on the tablet the screen is just black. I can tap Cast again and the drop down will show its on the cast screen but nothing will connect to the casting itself (Netflix, Vudu, etc) show no casting options from the app. Just weird. This TV is just a quirky mess and Idc about FW anymore, just make this thing solid. Its like one big experiment for this entire yea and it is extremely annoying. Its getting old fast, and were almost at that time again of new product releases and this product hasn't even settled in yet.
you seem to have nothing but problems with the set. might be time to move on to another product.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi

Nub question:

I thought "Auto Brightness Control" would adapt the backlight level to ambient light. Shouldn't it just have Off an On? What Low, Medium High mean? Low adaptation, Medium adaptation and High adaptation? Why would anyone want an adaptive backlight that only adapts just a little bit (Low)?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Audio issues

Is anyone having audio fade issues?

For the Cable and HTPC inputs the audio randomly is dropping to say 50% of what I have it set at, and then 2 to 5 seconds later the audio comes back. There doesn't seem to be any consistent trigger and it happens on two different devices that are plugged into the TV. The problem doesn't seem to happen with the XBox. My devices connected are as follows:

XBox (HDMI 1)
Cable (HDMI 2)
HTPC (HDMI 3)

I have the P-55 (2016), it's only about 60 days old. My also on the current firmware, not the Beta.

·
Registered
3,961 Posts
I thought "Auto Brightness Control" would
adapt the backlight level to ambient light.

It does, but since I watch mostly at night with one light behind my Display, I don't see any changes happening. The Low/Med/High would all kick-up under a day-lit room, I suppose. I did shine a flashlight at the Power Indicator and the Display slowly reacts and gets brighter.

Anyway, I just use Low/Med/High/Off as my Backlight Control (at level 50).

Some people setup additional Custom Pic Modes for Day/Night, but it's just as fast if not faster for me to select one of the Auto-Brightness Levels. :)

Reactions: saiyin00

·
Registered
3,961 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Official Vizio 2016 P Series Owners Thread (UHD/HDR/DV) No Price Talk Please

This is @Matt McRae latest tweet

For those asking... 3.0.12.2 is rolling out progressively to @vizio SmartCast displays (started 48 hours ago). Enjoy!

Isn't this the same BETA we all have here??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
145 Posts
This is @Matt McRae latest tweet

For those asking... 3.0.12.2 is rolling out progressively to @vizio SmartCast displays (started 48 hours ago). Enjoy!

Isn't this the same BETA we all have here??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aye, 3.0.12.2 is the current beta, announced on 12/23 by Matt McRae ... I don't want this beta (or any beta) on my TV.

Does anyone know how to disable the wireless network on these sets so my TV doesn't get this update? I have a P65.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Aye, 3.0.12.2 is the current beta, announced on 12/23 by Matt McRae ... I don't want this beta (or any beta) on my TV.

Does anyone know how to disable the wireless network on these sets so my TV doesn't get this update? I have a P65.

This is a final update for all SmartCast displays, not a beta.

Vizio P65-C1
Denon S910w

·
Registered
3,961 Posts
Aye, 3.0.12.2 is the current beta,
announced on 12/23 by Matt McRae ...
I don't want this beta (or any beta) on my TV.

Isn't this just Matt saying they're putting out this Beta to others who have requested it since the last Request Batch?

38161 - 38180 of 64797 Posts